Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Zoom dependent on libstvideo-1.0.so which isn't found

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    341

    Default Re: Zoom dependent on libstvideo-1.0.so which isn't found

    Apologies.
    If only I could type accurately, or read better... I left out the g in the file name: libgstvideo so of course I couldn't find it again until I corrected my error (which persists in the title of this post). The -1.0 version of the file is installed.
    However, Zoom still doesn't load, from the icon in the panel or from the CLI. The problem is something other than a missing libgstvideo. Any ideas? Is the version of this file the problem?
    Thanks again.
    Leap/KDE and a film-based photographer

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sauerland
    Posts
    6,346

    Default AW: Re: Zoom dependent on libstvideo-1.0.so which isn't found

    Quote Originally Posted by konsultor View Post
    Apologies.
    If only I could type accurately, or read better... I left out the g in the file name: libgstvideo so of course I couldn't find it again until I corrected my error (which persists in the title of this post). The -1.0 version of the file is installed.
    However, Zoom still doesn't load, from the icon in the panel or from the CLI. The problem is something other than a missing libgstvideo. Any ideas? Is the version of this file the problem?
    Thanks again.
    As I said, I have downloaded the 64 bit rpm for openSUSE and installed it, I get:



    So have you all dependencies installed?
    Do you install the latest version of zoom?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sauerland
    Posts
    6,346

    Default AW: Zoom dependent on libstvideo-1.0.so which isn't found

    Please post
    Code:
    ldd /opt/zoom/zoom

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    31,718
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Zoom dependent on libstvideo-1.0.so which isn't found

    Quote Originally Posted by konsultor View Post
    Apologies.
    If only I could type accurately, or read better... I left out the g in the file name: libgstvideo so of course I couldn't find it again until I corrected my error (which persists in the title of this post). The -1.0 version of the file is installed.
    However, Zoom still doesn't load, from the icon in the panel or from the CLI. The problem is something other than a missing libgstvideo. Any ideas? Is the version of this file the problem?
    Thanks again.
    Hi
    Gstreamer 0.10 was deprecated years ago.... it's been 1.0 for a while, if you run ldd against the zoom binary, no reference to libgstvideo....

    Tested the rpm with Tumbleweed (gst 1.0) and all works fine, I suspect an issue with the update and not zoom itself...

    Code:
    Repository     : @System
    Name           : zoom
    Version        : 5.5.6955.0131_openSUSE-1
    Arch           : x86_64
    Vendor         : Zoom Video Communications, Inc.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,857
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Zoom dependent on libstvideo-1.0.so which isn't found

    You could try this app image
    https://github.com/probonopd/Zoom.Ap...ses/tag/stable

    Once downloaded you need to give it the necessary execute permissions
    Tumbleweed_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    341

    Default Re: Zoom dependent on libstvideo-1.0.so which isn't found

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Gstreamer 0.10 was deprecated years ago.... it's been 1.0 for a while, if you run ldd against the zoom binary, no reference to libgstvideo....
    I also see that libgstvideo is not shown by ldd on my machine. Does the missing Qt_5_PRIVATE_API cause a problem? Searching for Q5_5 in Yast Software Management turns up 29 packages when Name, keywords, summary, and RPM provides are checked. Searching for "Qt_5_PRIVATE_API" returns No Results.

    Code:
    :~> ldd /opt/zoom/zoom
    /opt/zoom/zoom: /usr/lib64/libQt5Quick.so.5: version `Qt_5_PRIVATE_API' not found (required by /opt/zoom/zoom)
            linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007fff41580000)
            libdl.so.2 => /lib64/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f69adb0f000)
            libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib64/libX11.so.6 (0x00007f69ad7ce000)
            librt.so.1 => /lib64/librt.so.1 (0x00007f69ad5c6000)
            libxcb.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libxcb.so.1 (0x00007f69ad39d000)
            libXext.so.6 => /usr/lib64/libXext.so.6 (0x00007f69ad18b000)
            libxcb-xfixes.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libxcb-xfixes.so.0 (0x00007f69acf83000)
            libxcb-shape.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libxcb-shape.so.0 (0x00007f69acd7f000)
            libxcb-shm.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libxcb-shm.so.0 (0x00007f69acb7b000)
            libxcb-randr.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libxcb-randr.so.0 (0x00007f69ac96a000)
            libxcb-image.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libxcb-image.so.0 (0x00007f69ac765000)
            libxcb-keysyms.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libxcb-keysyms.so.1 (0x00007f69ac562000)
            libxcb-xtest.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libxcb-xtest.so.0 (0x00007f69ac35f000)
            libXfixes.so.3 => /usr/lib64/libXfixes.so.3 (0x00007f69ac159000)
            libXtst.so.6 => /usr/lib64/libXtst.so.6 (0x00007f69abf53000)
            libglib-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libglib-2.0.so.0 (0x00007f69abc2e000)
            libdbus-1.so.3 => /usr/lib64/libdbus-1.so.3 (0x00007f69ab9dc000)
            libQt5QuickWidgets.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libQt5QuickWidgets.so.5 (0x00007f69ab7c8000)
            libQt5Quick.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libQt5Quick.so.5 (0x00007f69ab10f000)
            libQt5Widgets.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libQt5Widgets.so.5 (0x00007f69aa867000)
            libQt5Gui.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libQt5Gui.so.5 (0x00007f69aa039000)
            libQt5Qml.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libQt5Qml.so.5 (0x00007f69a998b000)
            libQt5Network.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libQt5Network.so.5 (0x00007f69a95d9000)
            libQt5Script.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libQt5Script.so.5 (0x00007f69a914b000)
            libQt5DBus.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libQt5DBus.so.5 (0x00007f69a8eb9000)
            libQt5Core.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libQt5Core.so.5 (0x00007f69a8754000)
            libGL.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libGL.so.1 (0x00007f69a84bc000)
            libpthread.so.0 => /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f69a829d000)
            libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007f69a7ec3000)
            libm.so.6 => /lib64/libm.so.6 (0x00007f69a7b8b000)
            libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00007f69a77d0000)
            /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f69b2552000)
            libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib64/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007f69a75b7000)
            libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib64/libXau.so.6 (0x00007f69a73b3000)
            libxcb-util.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libxcb-util.so.1 (0x00007f69a71ad000)
            libpcre.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libpcre.so.1 (0x00007f69a6f22000)
            libsystemd.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libsystemd.so.0 (0x00007f69a6c8c000)
            libpng16.so.16 => /usr/lib64/libpng16.so.16 (0x00007f69a6a49000)
            libz.so.1 => /lib64/libz.so.1 (0x00007f69a6832000)
            libharfbuzz.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libharfbuzz.so.0 (0x00007f69a6529000)
            libproxy.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libproxy.so.1 (0x00007f69a630c000)
            libssl.so.1.1 => /usr/lib64/libssl.so.1.1 (0x00007f69a607d000)
            libcrypto.so.1.1 => /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.1.1 (0x00007f69a5b97000)
            libicui18n.so.suse65.1 => /usr/lib64/libicui18n.so.suse65.1 (0x00007f69a56a5000)
            libicuuc.so.suse65.1 => /usr/lib64/libicuuc.so.suse65.1 (0x00007f69a52c6000)
            libpcre2-16.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libpcre2-16.so.0 (0x00007f69a504f000)
            libdouble-conversion.so.3 => /usr/lib64/libdouble-conversion.so.3 (0x00007f69a4e41000)
            libGLX.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libGLX.so.0 (0x00007f69a4c0f000)
            libGLdispatch.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libGLdispatch.so.0 (0x00007f69a4953000)
            libselinux.so.1 => /lib64/libselinux.so.1 (0x00007f69a472a000)
            libcap.so.2 => /usr/lib64/libcap.so.2 (0x00007f69a4525000)
            liblzma.so.5 => /usr/lib64/liblzma.so.5 (0x00007f69a42eb000)
            liblz4.so.1 => /usr/lib64/liblz4.so.1 (0x00007f69a40d6000)
            libgcrypt.so.20 => /usr/lib64/libgcrypt.so.20 (0x00007f69a3db8000)
            libfreetype.so.6 => /usr/lib64/libfreetype.so.6 (0x00007f69a3afe000)
            libgraphite2.so.3 => /usr/lib64/libgraphite2.so.3 (0x00007f69a38d8000)
            libmodman.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libmodman.so.1 (0x00007f69a36d0000)
            libicudata.so.suse65.1 => /usr/lib64/libicudata.so.suse65.1 (0x00007f69a34cf000)
            libgpg-error.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libgpg-error.so.0 (0x00007f69a32af000)
            libbz2.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libbz2.so.1 (0x00007f69a3092000)
    Leap/KDE and a film-based photographer

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    31,718
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Zoom dependent on libstvideo-1.0.so which isn't found

    Quote Originally Posted by konsultor View Post
    I also see that libgstvideo is not shown by ldd on my machine. Does the missing Qt_5_PRIVATE_API cause a problem? Searching for Q5_5 in Yast Software Management turns up 29 packages when Name, keywords, summary, and RPM provides are checked. Searching for "Qt_5_PRIVATE_API" returns No Results.

    Code:
    :~> ldd /opt/zoom/zoom
    /opt/zoom/zoom: /usr/lib64/libQt5Quick.so.5: version `Qt_5_PRIVATE_API' not found (required by /opt/zoom/zoom)
            linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007fff41580000)
            libdl.so.2 => /lib64/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f69adb0f000)
            libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib64/libX11.so.6 (0x00007f69ad7ce000)
            librt.so.1 => /lib64/librt.so.1 (0x00007f69ad5c6000)
            libxcb.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libxcb.so.1 (0x00007f69ad39d000)
            libXext.so.6 => /usr/lib64/libXext.so.6 (0x00007f69ad18b000)
            libxcb-xfixes.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libxcb-xfixes.so.0 (0x00007f69acf83000)
            libxcb-shape.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libxcb-shape.so.0 (0x00007f69acd7f000)
            libxcb-shm.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libxcb-shm.so.0 (0x00007f69acb7b000)
            libxcb-randr.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libxcb-randr.so.0 (0x00007f69ac96a000)
            libxcb-image.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libxcb-image.so.0 (0x00007f69ac765000)
            libxcb-keysyms.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libxcb-keysyms.so.1 (0x00007f69ac562000)
            libxcb-xtest.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libxcb-xtest.so.0 (0x00007f69ac35f000)
            libXfixes.so.3 => /usr/lib64/libXfixes.so.3 (0x00007f69ac159000)
            libXtst.so.6 => /usr/lib64/libXtst.so.6 (0x00007f69abf53000)
            libglib-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libglib-2.0.so.0 (0x00007f69abc2e000)
            libdbus-1.so.3 => /usr/lib64/libdbus-1.so.3 (0x00007f69ab9dc000)
            libQt5QuickWidgets.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libQt5QuickWidgets.so.5 (0x00007f69ab7c8000)
            libQt5Quick.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libQt5Quick.so.5 (0x00007f69ab10f000)
            libQt5Widgets.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libQt5Widgets.so.5 (0x00007f69aa867000)
            libQt5Gui.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libQt5Gui.so.5 (0x00007f69aa039000)
            libQt5Qml.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libQt5Qml.so.5 (0x00007f69a998b000)
            libQt5Network.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libQt5Network.so.5 (0x00007f69a95d9000)
            libQt5Script.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libQt5Script.so.5 (0x00007f69a914b000)
            libQt5DBus.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libQt5DBus.so.5 (0x00007f69a8eb9000)
            libQt5Core.so.5 => /usr/lib64/libQt5Core.so.5 (0x00007f69a8754000)
            libGL.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libGL.so.1 (0x00007f69a84bc000)
            libpthread.so.0 => /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f69a829d000)
            libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007f69a7ec3000)
            libm.so.6 => /lib64/libm.so.6 (0x00007f69a7b8b000)
            libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00007f69a77d0000)
            /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f69b2552000)
            libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib64/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007f69a75b7000)
            libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib64/libXau.so.6 (0x00007f69a73b3000)
            libxcb-util.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libxcb-util.so.1 (0x00007f69a71ad000)
            libpcre.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libpcre.so.1 (0x00007f69a6f22000)
            libsystemd.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libsystemd.so.0 (0x00007f69a6c8c000)
            libpng16.so.16 => /usr/lib64/libpng16.so.16 (0x00007f69a6a49000)
            libz.so.1 => /lib64/libz.so.1 (0x00007f69a6832000)
            libharfbuzz.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libharfbuzz.so.0 (0x00007f69a6529000)
            libproxy.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libproxy.so.1 (0x00007f69a630c000)
            libssl.so.1.1 => /usr/lib64/libssl.so.1.1 (0x00007f69a607d000)
            libcrypto.so.1.1 => /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.1.1 (0x00007f69a5b97000)
            libicui18n.so.suse65.1 => /usr/lib64/libicui18n.so.suse65.1 (0x00007f69a56a5000)
            libicuuc.so.suse65.1 => /usr/lib64/libicuuc.so.suse65.1 (0x00007f69a52c6000)
            libpcre2-16.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libpcre2-16.so.0 (0x00007f69a504f000)
            libdouble-conversion.so.3 => /usr/lib64/libdouble-conversion.so.3 (0x00007f69a4e41000)
            libGLX.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libGLX.so.0 (0x00007f69a4c0f000)
            libGLdispatch.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libGLdispatch.so.0 (0x00007f69a4953000)
            libselinux.so.1 => /lib64/libselinux.so.1 (0x00007f69a472a000)
            libcap.so.2 => /usr/lib64/libcap.so.2 (0x00007f69a4525000)
            liblzma.so.5 => /usr/lib64/liblzma.so.5 (0x00007f69a42eb000)
            liblz4.so.1 => /usr/lib64/liblz4.so.1 (0x00007f69a40d6000)
            libgcrypt.so.20 => /usr/lib64/libgcrypt.so.20 (0x00007f69a3db8000)
            libfreetype.so.6 => /usr/lib64/libfreetype.so.6 (0x00007f69a3afe000)
            libgraphite2.so.3 => /usr/lib64/libgraphite2.so.3 (0x00007f69a38d8000)
            libmodman.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libmodman.so.1 (0x00007f69a36d0000)
            libicudata.so.suse65.1 => /usr/lib64/libicudata.so.suse65.1 (0x00007f69a34cf000)
            libgpg-error.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libgpg-error.so.0 (0x00007f69a32af000)
            libbz2.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libbz2.so.1 (0x00007f69a3092000)
    Hi
    No, that's normal in this case, your normally running the /usr/bin/zoom binary.... plus it has it's own qt libs....
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    341

    Default Re: Zoom dependent on libstvideo-1.0.so which isn't found

    After removing and installing Zoom several times, the topic of this thread no longer applies. Starting new thread "Zoom fails to launch"
    Leap/KDE and a film-based photographer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •