Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clementine

Default Re: Clementine

Quote Originally Posted by dth2 View Post
    Clementine uses gstreamer-plugins-ugly as a backend, so install this from packman and wma files will play fine.
    I've installed the ugly plugin and about a dozen more. I am trying to play an ipod and I get the same error message without any hint of which plugin is missing. There are dozens more plugins but I'm not going to install all of them. Any idea of which other plugin might work? BTW, the Clementine help forum is pathetic.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C. Clarke

Default AW: Clementine

zypper lr -d
    Code:
    zypper se -si gstream gst
    Please use Code-Tags:
    https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...und-Your-Paste

Default Re: AW: Clementine

Quote Originally Posted by Sauerland View Post
    zypper lr -d
    Code:
    Please use Code-Tags:
    https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...und-Your-Paste
    I would post this but I removed Clementine and the ugly plugin. So, I can't show useful info. I do have packman working after the recent difficulties. Similarly, gtkpod didn't work with the old ipod. So, I removed that as well. I removed them the wrong way and now I failed to remove all the unneeded files they brought in with them. Anyway, here are the "normal" plugins. Remember, I removed gstreamer ugly after it failed to solve the problem
    Code:
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...

S | Name                         | Type    | Version    | Arch   | Repository
    --+------------------------------+---------+------------+--------+----------------------
    i | PackageKit-gstreamer-plugin  | package | 1.2.2-6.1  | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    i | gstreamer                    | package | 1.18.3-1.2 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    i | gstreamer-plugins-base       | package | 1.18.3-1.2 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    i | gstreamer-plugins-good       | package | 1.18.3-1.2 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    i | gstreamer-plugins-good-gtk   | package | 1.18.3-1.2 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    i | libgstallocators-1_0-0       | package | 1.18.3-1.2 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    i | libgstapp-1_0-0              | package | 1.18.3-1.2 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    i | libgstaudio-1_0-0            | package | 1.18.3-1.2 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    i | libgstfft-1_0-0              | package | 1.18.3-1.2 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    i | libgstgl-1_0-0               | package | 1.18.3-1.2 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    i | libgstpbutils-1_0-0          | package | 1.18.3-1.2 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    i | libgstphotography-1_0-0      | package | 1.18.3-3.1 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    i | libgstreamer-1_0-0           | package | 1.18.3-1.2 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    i | libgstriff-1_0-0             | package | 1.18.3-1.2 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    i | libgstrtp-1_0-0              | package | 1.18.3-1.2 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    i | libgstrtsp-1_0-0             | package | 1.18.3-1.2 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    i | libgstsdp-1_0-0              | package | 1.18.3-1.2 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    i | libgsttag-1_0-0              | package | 1.18.3-1.2 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    i | libgstvideo-1_0-0            | package | 1.18.3-1.2 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    i | phonon4qt5-backend-gstreamer | package | 4.10.0-1.7 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    i | vlc-codec-gstreamer          | package | 3.0.12-1.4 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C. Clarke

I am not quite following this. @Neal had a problem and from his last post here, I understand that it is solved.

Then you tune in, which means that you have exactly the same problem with the same versions as the OP. Which means that the same solution should help you. The fact that you post means to me that notwithstanding that you have implemented the same solution as the OP, you still have a problem. But now I understand you do not even have (anymore) Clementine installed. Thus how do you know and prove here that the solution does not work for you?
    Henk van Velden

Default AW: Clementine

You have not properly switched to Packman:
    i | vlc-codec-gstreamer | package | 3.0.12-1.4 | x86_64 | Main Repository (OSS)
    My:
    Code:
    i+ | vlc-codec-gstreamer           | Paket      | 3.0.12-4.5                | x86_64 | packman2
    So please:
    Switch to Packman:
    Code:
    zypper dup --allow-vendor-change --from (Number|URL|Name of the Packman Repo)

I did the Packman vendor change. I don't know why, I was using the only mirror that was working a few days ago. It did give 25 vendor changes on installed files. I then re-installed Clementine. It didn't work. I got the same error message about an unnamed missing plugin. From a different recommendation, I installed gstreamer-ugly. That didn't work either. I got the same error message.

I have to research the proper zypper command that pulls clementine out along with the files it brought in with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12