Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wireless Keyboard - Input Lagging

Default Re: Wireless Keyboard - Input Lagging

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoMeswara View Post
    Nice... I have gone with the modprobe.d suggestion .. Will test and revert ...
    Update - This fix seems to have solved 95% of the lagging issues. On 2 occasions, I had to switch of /off the keyboard to get it input accepted.
    But overall the modprobe.d solution was great - words / characters are no longer lost etc.

Note - Created a file in /etc/modprobe.d/ directory '20-usb_stop_autosuspend.conf' and added ..

Code:
    options usbcore autosuspend=-1
    And then save/reboot.

Now check autosuspend value:

Code:
    cat   /sys/module/usbcore/parameters/autosuspend
    It should display -1

Blog Entries

Update - This fix seems to have solved 95% of the lagging issues. On 2 occasions, I had to switch of /off the keyboard to get it input accepted.
    But overall the modprobe.d solution was great - words / characters are no longer lost etc.
    Thanks for the update.
    openSUSE Leap 15.2; KDE Plasma 5

[SOLVED ]
    [ UPDATE ]

Guys, got a 1.5m USB Extender Cable and made sure the receiver was about 30cm / line of sight of the keyboard.
    Note earlier the usb receiver was at the front of the PC under the table. Now its on top of the table ( near the monitor ) in sight of the keyboard.

First day - problems seems 100% SOLVED.

Thanks everybody.

Note - Created a file in /etc/modprobe.d/ directory '20-usb_stop_autosuspend.conf' and added ..

Code:
    options usbcore autosuspend=-1
    And then save/reboot.

Now check autosuspend value:

Code:
    cat   /sys/module/usbcore/parameters/autosuspend
    It should display -1

Nice you solved it. Happy computing.
    Henk van Velden

Blog Entries

Guys, got a 1.5m USB Extender Cable and made sure the receiver was about 30cm / line of sight of the keyboard.
    Then that sounds like the problem that I had with a wireless mouse. A similar model worked fine on a laptop, but on my main desktop it was unreliable. I enventually tried moving the usb plugin receiver from a port at the back of the computer to a port at the front. And it has been completely rellable since that move. The computer itself was acting as a shield and partially blocking the wireless signals.
    openSUSE Leap 15.2; KDE Plasma 5.18.5;

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12