Thread: openSUSE Leap 15.2 desktop file Error: No sufficient Category definition (Categories=Audio;Midi;Qt;)

Question openSUSE Leap 15.2 desktop file Error: No sufficient Category definition (Categories=Audio;Midi;Qt;)

https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...me:13ilya/munt

cat > %{buildroot}%{_datadir}/applications/munt.desktop << EOF
    [Desktop Entry]
    Name=Munt Roland MT-32 emulator
    GenericName=Munt Roland MT-32 emulator
    Exec=mt32emu-qt
    Terminal=false
    Type=Application
    Categories=Audio;Midi;Qt;
    Icon=munt
    Comment=An emulator of the Roland MT-32, CM-32L and LAPC-I synthesiser modules.
    EOF

In Factory all fine, but in Leap 15.2

[ 101s] WARNING: '/usr/lib/rpm/brp-desktop.data/suse-screensavers.menu' does not exist
    [ 101s] WARNING: '/usr/lib/rpm/brp-desktop.data/applications-kmenuedit.menu' does not exist
    [ 101s] WARNING: '/usr/lib/rpm/brp-desktop.data/custom.menu' does not exist
    [ 101s] ERROR: No sufficient Category definition: /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/munt-2.4.1-lp152.85.1.x86_64//usr/share/applications/munt.desktop
    [ 101s] Please refer to https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Pac...enu_categories
    [ 101s] Errors in installed desktop file detected. Please refer to http://en.opensuse.org/SUSE_Package_...ons/RPM_Macros

Category "Audio;Midi;Qt;" is correct.

I do not use update-desktop-files, because it is intended for editing an already installed desktop file, but for me I create it myself and can create it correctly initially.
    What's missing or wrong in this desktop file?

Blog Entries

Default Re: openSUSE Leap 15.2 desktop file Error: No sufficient Category definition (Categories=Audio;Midi;

Hi
    A comment, add hicolor-icon-theme to build requies and then won't need the %{dir} entries for the icons.

Add build requires for update-desktop-files and add the macro;

Code:
    %suse_update_desktop_file %{name}
    I would move the Qt first, update to AudioVideo, like Qt;AudioVideo;Midi;
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Default Re: openSUSE Leap 15.2 desktop file Error: No sufficient Category definition (Categories=Audio;Midi;

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    hicolor-icon-theme to build requires and then won't need the %{dir} entries for the icons.
    Thank you. did not know about it.
    Add build requires for update-desktop-files and add the macro;
    Explain, please, why?
    This is used for editing. the same category. in an already installed file. And if the upstream does not provide this file and I create it myself, then I just need to create the correct file right away. Or am I missing something?
    I would move the Qt first, update to AudioVideo, like Qt;AudioVideo;Midi;
    Thank you! s/Audio/AudioVideo/ work.
    It turns out that the Audio category is already deprecated and it is proposed to use AudioVideo instead?
    It's strange why the Factory doesn't report this, and the documentation does not mark Audio as deprecated?
    It is very difficult to understand this on your own.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 13ilya View Post
    Thank you. did not know about it.

Explain, please, why?
    This is used for editing. the same category. in an already installed file. And if the upstream does not provide this file and I create it myself, then I just need to create the correct file right away. Or am I missing something?
    Hi
    To ensure all is good with the desktop file, but AFAIK assists with the file trigger to update the desktop files now that those macros are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by 13ilya View Post
    Thank you! s/Audio/AudioVideo/ work.
    It turns out that the Audio category is already deprecated and it is proposed to use AudioVideo instead?
    It's strange why the Factory doesn't report this, and the documentation does not mark Audio as deprecated?
    It is very difficult to understand this on your own.
    Yes, that's why it tells you to check the URL... seems the categories are fluid....
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!