Thread: Webcam online

Lightbulb Webcam online

HI, Noob here posting my first thread.<br><br>Using Opensuse for a year, enjoy it.

<br>A question regarding how can I setup my webcam to stream live over the internet. I have a static IP internet connection. Are there any apps that allows me to register my webcam over the internet?<br>

The webcam is connected via USB and connects automatically to Cheese or Kamoso.<br>I dont want to purchase a IP camera unless I reallty have to .<br><br>After some inventive solutions.<br><br>Thanks in advance,

Blog Entries

Default Re: Webcam online

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    HI, Noob here posting my first thread.<br><br>Using Opensuse for a year, enjoy it.

<br>A question regarding how can I setup my webcam to stream live over the internet. I have a static IP internet connection. Are there any apps that allows me to register my webcam over the internet?<br>

The webcam is connected via USB and connects automatically to Cheese or Kamoso.<br>I dont want to purchase a IP camera unless I reallty have to .<br><br>After some inventive solutions.<br><br>Thanks in advance,
    Hi
    My first suggestion would be VLC: https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentat...asy_Streaming/
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!