Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VLC Will not play and VLC icon cannot be removed from taskbar

Default Re: VLC Will not play and VLC icon cannot be removed from taskbar

Quote Originally Posted by broadstairs View Post
    I have been having this trouble with VLC on my TW/KDE system. I modified the settings to remove the taskbar option mentioned earlier. Now VLC will play any media I select rather than only the first one. However while it does not go in the taskbar now if I use the menu and click exit or use the X at the top right it is not removed from memory, Ksysguard still shows it and to remove it I have to kill it! Now this may be what the devs intended but when I quit something I expect it to close an remove itself from memory or at least ask if I really want it to remove itself.

Stuart
    I am not sure where the problem was but I no longer have it and I didn't do anything!
    I run Tumbleweed and it is updated almost daily and problem just went some time ago. This can happen with Tumbleweed!

Suggest you check your versions on your system and if necessary check for updates.
    Budge

Default Re: VLC Will not play and VLC icon cannot be removed from taskbar

Posted too soon as I have a persistent cone in task bar but if you read the thread there are instructions on accessing the control.
    VLC > Tools > Preferences > Interface Settings. Uncheck the "Show systray icon" should get rid of dunces hat (cone) in task bar.
    The bottom left corner of same window: "Show Settings" box you can select All instead of simple.

I have found I can work with VLC but the default settings need to be changed.
    Hope this helps.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123