Thread: Need to pinpoint what program is calling Kwallet to popup randomly

Default Need to pinpoint what program is calling Kwallet to popup randomly

Hello, kwallet is enabled on my system as I find it a bit useful to protect some credentials. But I'm having a problem with it randomly popping up to ask me to unlock it.

I can't find the pattern of the popup time. Sometimes after 40 mins of machine running, sometimes after several hours of machine running. I wasn't starting something new when it pops up and
    usually there were not many programs running either at the time. I might be playing an intense full screen online game and suddenly kwallet would bring me back to its window to unlock it. If I ignore it,
    it might be fine for a while and then pops up again later some time. Once it's unlocked, it will not ask again in this boot up session.

I couldn't find a way to check a kwallet log if it exists at all?

Default Re: Need to pinpoint what program is calling Kwallet to popup randomly

Quote Originally Posted by bonedriven View Post
    But I'm having a problem with it randomly popping up to ask me to unlock it.
    Assuming that, your Desktop is KDE Plasma, KWallet is commonly used by the KMail component of Kontact and, the KDE Network Manager Plasmoid.
    • Normally, the passwords needed to access your e-Mail account(s) are stored in KWallet.
    • Normally, the passwords (AKA “secrets”) for WLAN access are stored in KWallet.

Quote Originally Posted by bonedriven View Post
    I couldn't find a way to check a kwallet log if it exists at all?
    Take a look in the KDE session log located in ‘~/local/share/sddm/’ – either an X.Org log or, a Wayland log …