New - Telegram and Audacity Problems

1. Telegram crashes during initial loading process - Flatpak gives the same response. I’ve never seen that happen before. The good news is I found a new open source equivalent instead. Really snappy. I’m now using Bettergram and like it.

2. Attempts to install Audacity now bring up a choice to not install or to break the app during install. If I go ahead and install anyway, the audacity won’t start. It works fine via flatpak so I just installed this instead.

Both apps have worked a long time for me in openSUSE repo. Not sure what’s not happy with them.

1. Attempts to install Audacity now bring up a choice to not install or to break the app during install. If I go ahead and install anyway, the audacity won’t start.

With an unnown error nobody can help.

So your post is unnecessary.

Please post the error when running in terminal.

Also post:

zypper lr -d
zypper se si audacity

I’m not a professional and do not know high tech things. I’m not going to do a broken install from the repo to get an error code. Flatpak works great.

The audacity TW repo install says it is missing dependency libwx_baseu-suse-nost.so.3.1.3.

It has installed and worked fine for years. My bet is this is just a TW update that still needs to be adjusted.

Thanks for your time. I’m good.

Sorry, but I may miss something. Are you asking for help with a problem or not?

If you are, you better cooperate and provide the information asked for, else your request is indeed useless.

When you are not, then why are you starting a thread in a technical help forum?

The audacity TW repo install says it is missing dependency libwx_baseu-suse-nost.so.3.1.3.

Audacity is in the OSS repo so no need for using an extra repo.

zypper in audacity

as root should work.

But as I said
zypper lr -d
zypper se -s audacity

But maybe it is broken, have to see, but now, OBS is on maintenance.
https://status.opensuse.org/

Problem:
Audacity needs wxwidget 3.1.3 but build is 3.1.4

I made a comment.

On both my TW installs 20200928 updated wxwidget to 3.1.4 but the older 3.1.3-3.3 was not removed, audacity runs OK.

I guess this is only affecting new installs where 3.1.3 is not present?

I guess this is only affecting new installs where 3.1.3 is not present?

yes

And does not build new for that reason.

I made a comment at the build.

Its fixed and on the way.

Maybe wait a little bit.