Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Autoyast question

Default Re: Autoyast question

Quote Originally Posted by arvidjaar View Post
    Ah, OK, I missed it.

"drive" seems to be redundant here. "partitioning,0" selects the first "drive" element already.
    Both appear to be needed. One without the other causes Autoyast to complain....

Richard Rosa

Quote Originally Posted by richardrosa View Post
    One without the other causes Autoyast to complain....
    I am not sure what you mean but here is direct example from autoyast regression tests:
    Code:
                  <pathlist config:type="list">
                      <path>partitioning,0,partitions,0,filesystem</path>
                  </pathlist>

I am not sure what you mean but here is direct example from autoyast regression tests:
    Code:
                  </pathlist>
    Sorry, my confusion. I though you were referring to the second <path> spec for <use>.

I'll give the reduced path spec a try.

Thanx for the suggestion.

Richard Rosa

Code:
                  </pathlist>
    BINGO! The extra 'drive' in the path was what was keeping the magic from happening. Removed it, and now Autoyast bows to my wishes!
    I'm not sure why the validator didn't call it out, but things are now working the way I want it to.

Thank you very much!

Richard Rosa

BINGO! The extra 'drive' in the path was what was keeping the magic from happening. Removed it, and now Autoyast bows to my wishes!
    I'm not sure why the validator didn't call it out, but things are now working the way I want it to.

Thank you very much!

Richard Rosa

Well, I spoke a little too soon. The install went to to the partition selected, but the default partition was totally removed (de allocated). Not exactly the plan. Looks like there is some other setting that needs to change as well....

The install went to to the partition selected, but the default partition was totally removed (de allocated).
    Expert partitioning implies that you define exact disk configuration, so YaST assumes that only partitions listed in your profile are present. You can avoid formatting existing partitions, but you must at least list them.

You said earlier that you have very strict and well defined partition layout, so you should be able to describe it in autoyast profile.

Expert partitioning implies that you define exact disk configuration, so YaST assumes that only partitions listed in your profile are present. You can avoid formatting existing partitions, but you must at least list them.

You said earlier that you have very strict and well defined partition layout, so you should be able to describe it in autoyast profile.
    Humm, the ONLY partition removed WAS the one listed (the default).

I think I'm gonna put this on the back-burner for a while. It was a nice idea, but the amount of effort to get it functional FAR exceeds the time that the procedure it replaces takes....

Thank you again for your assistance.

Richard Rosa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12