Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Event Calendar KDE Applet loses holiday and astronomical settings after a reboot

Default Event Calendar KDE Applet loses holiday and astronomical settings after a reboot

I need help. Is there anyone willing to give me real help? All I get is half-hearted to hateful responses.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Event Calendar KDE Applet loses holiday and astronomical settings after a reboot

Quote Originally Posted by trekjunky View Post
    I need help. Is there anyone willing to give me real help? All I get is half-hearted to hateful responses.
    You my check your file:

Code:
    karl@erlangen:~> ll .config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc
    -rw-r-xr-x 1 karl users 7880 25. Sep 02:36 .config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc
    karl@erlangen:~>
    Does that change upon reboot?

Code:
    [Containments][2][Applets][8]
    immutability=1
    plugin=org.kde.plasma.digitalclock

[Containments][2][Applets][8][Configuration]
    PreloadWeight=34

[Containments][2][Applets][8][Configuration][Appearance]
    dateFormat=longDate
    enabledCalendarPlugins=/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/holidaysevents.so
    showDate=true
    showSeconds=true
    showWeekNumbers=true

[Containments][2][Applets][8][Configuration][ConfigDialog]
    DialogHeight=540
    DialogWidth=720

Code:
    karl@erlangen:~> cat ./.config/plasma_calendar_holiday_regions
    [General]
    selectedRegions=de_de
    AMD Athlon 4850e (2009), openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4, Intel i3-4130 (2014), i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), AMD Ryzen 5 3400G (2020), openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5

Default Re: Event Calendar KDE Applet loses holiday and astronomical settings after a reboot

Quote Originally Posted by karlmistelberger View Post
    You my check your file:

Code:
    karl@erlangen:~> ll .config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc
    -rw-r-xr-x 1 karl users 7880 25. Sep 02:36 .config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc
    Does that change upon reboot?
    Yes, the time stamp changed after rebooting. from:10336 Sep 25 05:18 ./.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc

to: 10336 Sep 25 07:05 ./.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc

Code:
    immutability=1

PreloadWeight=34

dateFormat=longDate
    enabledCalendarPlugins=/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/holidaysevents.so
    showDate=true
    showSeconds=true
    showWeekNumbers=true

DialogHeight=540
    DialogWidth=720
    Code:
    .config/plasma_calendar_astronomicalevents
    [General]
    showLunarPhase=true
    showSeason=true

Code:
    [General]
    selectedRegions=de_de

Code:
    [General].config/plasma_calendar_holiday_regions

selectedRegions=us_en-us

Yes, the time stamp changed after rebooting. from:10336 Sep 25 05:18 ./.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc

to: 10336 Sep 25 07:05 ./.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc

Code:
    immutability=1

PreloadWeight=34

dateFormat=longDate
    showDate=true
    showSeconds=true
    showWeekNumbers=true

DialogHeight=540
    DialogWidth=720
    Code:
    .config/plasma_calendar_astronomicalevents
    [General]
    showLunarPhase=true
    showSeason=true

Code:
    [General]
    selectedRegions=de_de

Code:
    [General].config/plasma_calendar_holiday_regions

selectedRegions=us_en-us

Code:
    ~> cat ./.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc | grep calendar
    plugin=org.kde.plasma.eventcalendar
    enabledCalendarPlugins=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/holidaysevents.so,/usr/lib/qt/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/holidaysevents.so,/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/astronomicalevents.so,/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/pl
    asmacalendarplugins/holidaysevents.so
    I don't know what changed in the file, but I will try to find out what changed if anything.
    Last edited by trekjunky; 25-Sep-2020 at 04:41. Reason: Adding info

Blog Entries

Code:
    enabledCalendarPlugins=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/holidaysevents.so,/usr/lib/qt/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/holidaysevents.so,/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/astronomicalevents.so,/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/pl
    I don't know what changed in the file, but I will try to find out what changed if anything.
    You may logout from KDE and try to shorten the list of plugins using a virtual console. A list containing each once should suffice:

Code:
    enabledCalendarPlugins=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/holidaysevents.so,/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/astronomicalevents.so

AMD Athlon 4850e (2009), openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4, Intel i3-4130 (2014), i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), AMD Ryzen 5 3400G (2020), openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5

Code:
    "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins" interesting... on a standard TW/KDE install? (Maybe I've missed something...)
    Regards, Paul

2x Tumbleweed (Snapshot: 20210106) KDE Plasma 5
    2x Leap 15.2 KDE Plasma 5

You may logout from KDE and try to shorten the list of plugins using a virtual console. A list containing each once should suffice:

Code:
    enabledCalendarPlugins=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/holidaysevents.so,/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/astronomicalevents.so

Thanks for catching that, I didn't notice the repeats. I will log out of KDE and edit the file to reflect the changes you suggest.

Code:

This is what it looked like after logging back in:
    Code:
    cat ./.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc | grep calendar
    That didn't stop the problem. the holiday and astronomical events are not there after logging back in, so I configure the plasmoid to remove them then re-add them and they show up, but that also adds another line for the holidayevents.so:

Code:
    enabledCalendarPlugins=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/holidaysevents.so,/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/astronomicalevents.so,/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/holidaysevents.so

It is as if the first instance of the holidayevents line doesn't register during bootup/login

May I suggest a line of thinking. Imagine someone trying to sabotage a system, what would they have do to cause my problem?

Blog Entries

This is what it looked like after logging back in:
    Code:
    That didn't stop the problem. the holiday and astronomical events are not there after logging back in, so I configure the plasmoid to remove them then re-add them and they show up, but that also adds another line for the holidayevents.so:

Code:
    enabledCalendarPlugins=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/holidaysevents.so,/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/astronomicalevents.so,/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/holidaysevents.so

It is as if the first instance of the holidayevents line doesn't register during bootup/login

May I suggest a line of thinking. Imagine someone trying to sabotage a system, what would they have do to cause my problem?
    Get rid of the line "plugin=org.kde.plasma.eventcalendar". A pristine user created on my machine has only:

Code:
    erlangen:~ # grep -i calendar ~tester/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc 
    enabledCalendarPlugins=/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/astronomicalevents.so,/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/holidaysevents.so
    erlangen:~ #

Get rid of the line "plugin=org.kde.plasma.eventcalendar". A pristine user created on my machine has only:

Code:
    erlangen:~ # grep -i calendar ~tester/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc 
    enabledCalendarPlugins=/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/astronomicalevents.so,/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/holidaysevents.so
    erlangen:~ #
    I got rid of the line "plugin=org.kde.plasma.eventcalendar" and it removed the plasmoid from the desktop. I must have a different version than your tester id. I have version 69 of the plasmoid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast