"Let's start by clearly stating what this post is, and what it isn't. It is a description of how I set up multi-boot for Linux systems, sometimes including Windows, using the GRUB bootloader. It is not intended to be a complete guide to Linux on UEFI firmware. There are certainly other ways to configure UEFI multi-boot - this is simply the way that I have found most useful and reliable to do it. OK? Good, here we go..."

"In the first post of this series I looked at the general characteristics of Linux installations on systems with UEFI firmware - specifically how the disk is partitioned, and how multi-boot installations interact with each other.

"In the second post I looked at some details of the boot process, and how the GRUB configuration file was set up, first for a simple Linux-only installation and then for multi-boot with Linux only and Linux/Windows combinations. Whew. That's a good bit of territory to cover, and I congratulate those who are still with me at this point."

"Now I want to look at a couple of exceptions, unusual or uncooperative situations."