Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: some buttons do not work in firefox

Default Re: some buttons do not work in firefox

Yes, I believe you need to look for some other underlying problem, those who are seeing this need to try to establish what is common on their installs.

Personally, I run the KDE desktop so don't have a "full" set of GTK packages, only those installed as dependencies.

Does other GTK based applications, GIMP for example, show any problems?
    Regards, Paul

2x Tumbleweed (Snapshot: 20201025) KDE Plasma 5
    2x Leap 15.2 KDE Plasma 5

Quote Originally Posted by tannington View Post
    Yes, I believe you need to look for some other underlying problem, those who are seeing this need to try to establish what is common on their installs.

Personally, I run the KDE desktop so don't have a "full" set of GTK packages, only those installed as dependencies.
    me too

Does other GTK based applications, GIMP for example, show any problems?
    It don't seem so.
    I haven't found problems in thunderbird either

best regards

Very much at a loss as to suggest anything ...

But, going back to your post #4...

Have you anything from an earlier era, or "weird", installed... as "something" has (at some point in time) installed to /opt ... You look to have some (kde3 ??) desktop files there...

This needs someone more knowledgable than I, I'm afraid... Hopefully someone else may pick up on it.
    Regards, Paul

2x Tumbleweed (Snapshot: 20201025) KDE Plasma 5
    2x Leap 15.2 KDE Plasma 5

Have you anything from an earlier era, or "weird", installed... as "something" has (at some point in time) installed to /opt ... You look to have some (kde3 ??) desktop files there...

This needs someone more knowledgable than I, I'm afraid... Hopefully someone else may pick up on it.
    Well, yes I have some thing from the kde3 repo .... altough Is there a way to list only the packets from some repo? In yast I list the repo but the packages that appear are not only the ones installed from the repo but all the packets installd wich might be from the repo, so I have to click in every packet and go to "versions" to see if the packet is installed from this repo or not

And I have a good bunch of things in /opt

Code:
    fernando@andromeda:~> ls /opt
    arduino-1.8.1  cross     Digi   google  kde3  libreoffice  microchip      pdfstudioviewer12  Qt            teamviewer
    bin            cxoffice  gnome  grass   kf5   lost+found   pdfstudio2018  processing         sublime_text  zoom
    fernando@andromeda:~>

Quote Originally Posted by fperal View Post
    AS I have tried some different versions of firefox, and for what other people is reporting when it is failing it is failing no matter what version but for other people is working fine with the same version, I think we should look at other things. As it isn't also a problem of the profile I'0m wondering if it would be a problem with GTK or some other library behind
    I'm thankful you're even trying to help. I'm at my wit's end.

Could you please post the output of rpm -qa so that I can filter through it and see if maybe there's some piece of software that is not installed?

Quote Originally Posted by radelahunt View Post
    I'm thankful you're even trying to help. I'm at my wit's end.

Could you please post the output of rpm -qa so that I can filter through it and see if maybe there's some piece of software that is not installed?
    it is a lot to search in

https://susepaste.org/49013091

best regards

it is a lot to search in

best regards
    Good thing grep will do it for me, thanks!

The issue has been solved, I don't know how ... I guess It has been some upgrade

Possibly rosegarden. I noticed that and uninstalled everything I could that dealt with KDE because I use XFCE and not KDE.

it is a lot to search in

best regards
    Note that I did a network-enabled installation from the OpenSUSE LEAP 15.2 DVD. Anyways, cat myrpms.txt | grep -f your_rpms.txt resulted in no results. It appears our installations are identical.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast