Thread: Lost ability to configure Desktop both dispays after recent update

Hybrid View

Default Lost ability to configure Desktop both dispays after recent update

Tumbleweed
    KDE

After a recent Tumbleweed update of 250+ files I have lost the ability to configure the Desktop settings on both displays. (Dual display set-up obviously.)

For example, I could previously set the Desktop wallpaper background on both displays. Now I can only do that on 1 display. The other display gets an un-changable black background and no response to right-mouse-click which should present a menu to change the display settings.

Default Re: Lost ability to configure Desktop both dispays after recent update

Try using the KDE Display and Monitor app to check/change the resolution of your display(s). If it is showing as correct, apply a different setting and then apply the correct setting. For me this survives until the next boot.

Quote Originally Posted by doscott View Post
    Try using the KDE Display and Monitor app to check/change the resolution of your display(s). If it is showing as correct, apply a different setting and then apply the correct setting. For me this survives until the next boot.
    Same behaviour here. Works but does not survive reboot.

Same problem here
    The QT bug link is here: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-86604

As suggested on that bug, running
    plasmashell --replace
    fixes the problem (for me) until next reboot.

Cris
    Desktop: OpenSUSE Tumbleweed (x86_64) - AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor, 16Gb RAM, 120GB Samsung Evo 840 SSD
    Laptop: OpenSUSE Tumbleweed (x86_64) - Thinkpad T440 - Intel i5-4210U, 12Gb RAM, 250GB Samsung EVO 750 SSD