I'm running tumbleweed, installed last week, and wanted to try kvm. I read the docs that showed the easiest way to install kvm was to use yast and so I did and selected the kvm and it's tools in the vert section. Kvm asked me to setup a bridge and I said yes but I don't think it's installed. I don't see any br0 interfaces only vibr and vnet interfaces on the host. I installed a debian vm to see if nat would work and it does but I really need to have the ability to bridge the vm to my wifi laptop adapter so the vm can pull a local lan address and be on the local lan like the other computers. The brctl command isn't installed so I don't think yast installed it, I found the following doc but when I try to follow the instructions of using yast to activate bridging by network settings and the overview section I get the following error.

"Network is currently handled by NetworkManager
or completely disabled. YaST is unable to configure some options."

I'm on a laptop and use network manager to connect to the wifi. Is there a way to install a bridge so I can connect my vm/s to the local lan so it can pull a address and join. In vmware it's easy to select a bridge network and bind it to the adapter.

Here is the doc I was trying to use. I really thought that installing kvm via yast in the virt section wold install the bridge.

https://doc.opensuse.org/documentati...tworks.bridged

13.2.1.1 Adding a Network Bridge Report Bug #

To add a network bridge on VM Host Server, follow these steps:

• Start YaST › System › Network Settings.
  • Activate the Overview tab and click Add.
  • Select Bridge from the Device Type list and enter the bridge device interface name in the Configuration Name entry. Proceed with Next.
  • In the Address tab, specify networking details such as DHCP/static IP address, subnet mask or host name.
  • Activate the Bridged Devices tab and activate the network devices you want to include in the network bridge.
  • Click Next to return to the Overview tab and confirm with OK. The new network bridge should be active on VM Host Server now.