Thread: Gnome remember screen setting

Default Gnome remember screen setting

Hi,

When booting to Gnome the system doesn't remember my laptop screen settings. When booting to KDE/Plasma I set the laptop to use an external screen once - and it remembers this setting for ever and ever. Booting to Gnome I have to fn+F4 to external screen everytime.
    Is this even related to the DE? It's the only thing that is different between the sessions.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Gnome remember screen setting

Quote Originally Posted by shieldfire View Post
    Hi,

When booting to Gnome the system doesn't remember my laptop screen settings. When booting to KDE/Plasma I set the laptop to use an external screen once - and it remembers this setting for ever and ever. Booting to Gnome I have to fn+F4 to external screen everytime.
    Is this even related to the DE? It's the only thing that is different between the sessions.
    Hi
    Did you go into settings -> display and set the external screen as primary and turn the laptop screen off?
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Default Re: Gnome remember screen setting

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Did you go into settings -> display and set the external screen as primary and turn the laptop screen off?
    In Gnome? I don't seem to have those setting - I have "Displays" but no where to turn the laptop screen off. When I look at it now, it indicates that the external screen is default.