Thread: Burning windows onto a usb on OpenSuse?

Default Burning windows onto a usb on OpenSuse?

I have two computers, and one crashed the other day, and I wasn't able to make a recovery disk, however, I have the liscense number for the operating system. Unfortunately, I can't seem to be able to burn the windows 10 image using the Suse studio Imagewriter on my second computer, which has open suse. Is there another application I can use instead? Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Burning windows onto a usb on OpenSuse?

Tumbleweed_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Blog Entries

Default Re: Burning windows onto a usb on OpenSuse?

Quote Originally Posted by snowgirl77 View Post
    I have two computers, and one crashed the other day, and I wasn't able to make a recovery disk, however, I have the liscense number for the operating system. Unfortunately, I can't seem to be able to burn the windows 10 image using the Suse studio Imagewriter on my second computer, which has open suse. Is there another application I can use instead? Thanks in advance!
    Downloaded Win10_2004_German_x64.iso from https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/soft...d/windows10ISO and ran "woeusb -d Win10_2004_German_x64.iso /dev/sdb --tgt-fs ntfs" to create install stick. Removed the network cable and installed from USB stick. Clicked "no internet available" and skipped entering a product key.

https://www.howtogeek.com/244678/you...se-windows-10/
    AMD Athlon 4850e (2009), openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4, Intel i3-4130 (2014), i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), AMD Ryzen 5 3400G (2020), openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5