Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fresh Leap 15.2 on Dell Precision 5550 - Problems with 27 inch Second screen through HDMI

Default Re: Fresh Leap 15.2 on Dell Precision 5550 - Problems with 27 inch Second screen through HDMI

Quote Originally Posted by mrmazda View Post
    These error messages are indicative of newer Intel and NVidia hardware than the 15.2 software supports:
    Code:
    [    19.143] (EE) Unknown chipset: NV167
    [    19.837] (EE) modeset(G0): glamor initialization failed
    [    19.949] (EE) modeset(0): [DRI2] No driver mapping found for PCI device 0x8086 / 0x9bc4
    [    19.949] (EE) modeset(0): Failed to initialize the DRI2 extension.

Thank you, I will start testing with TW.

Default Re: Fresh Leap 15.2 on Dell Precision 5550 - Problems with 27 inch Second screen through HDMI

Quote Originally Posted by estebanc00 View Post
    A) To upgrade the kernel on 15.2 shall I use this article?
    https://doc.opensuse.org/documentati...ikernel-latest
    Looks appropriate for the devel kernel, which is likely overkill. Probably better to apply that process but use Kernel:/stable instead.

b) Is it worth once the kernel is upgraded to test other drivers for the NVIDIA card such as the NVIDIA drivers ?
    I have no idea whether you'll find a proprietary NVidia driver matching Kernel:/HEAD or Kernel:/stable. I suspect not. Newer FOSS drivers would come from enabling X11:/XOrg/openSUSE_Leap_15.2 and using the same procedure to install as for Kernel:/HEAD.

c) Shall I consider checking and perhaps upgrading KDE (plasma or wayland) to a newer version ?
    Negative re KDE/Plasma. Given nrickert's comment about Wayland, I wouldn't expect material help from enabling and upgrading to X11:/Wayland either, but if you're ambitious.... I've yet to attempt to use Wayland, and don't see it happening in the foreseeable future either.

Note the links I have here provided can be downloaded and copied to /etc/X11/zypp/repos.d/ as a simpler alternative to the zypper ar process commonly described for adding a repo, which creates a new file in that location, subject to typing and consequent errors.
    Reg. Linux User #211409 *** multibooting since 1992
    Primary: 15.1,TW,15.2 & 13.1 on Haswell w/ RAID
    Secondary: eComStation (OS/2)&15.1 on 965P/Radeon
    Tertiary: TW,15.2,15.1,Fedora,Debian,more on Kaby Lake,Q45,Q43,G41,G3X,965G,Cedar,Caicos,Oland,GT218&&&

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12