Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: leap 15.2 on virtualbox 6.1.10 crashes on restart

Default Re: leap 15.2 on virtualbox 6.1.10 crashes on restart

Quote Originally Posted by OrsoBruno View Post
    This https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/19708 looks very similar to what you witness.
    Apparently a VirtualBox problem, not specific to openSUSE since it seems reproducible with many different distros as guests.
    ok; anyway, on the same virtualbox installation I have also an old virtual machine with leap 15.1 which doesn't have the problem (it can currently restart smoothly).

Default Re: leap 15.2 on virtualbox 6.1.10 crashes on restart

Quote Originally Posted by crillion View Post
    - host system : windows 10 (sorry, I had forgotten to write it).
    - video adapter int the VM : (taken from "display" section in the settings of the virtualbox VM) video memory 16MB, monitor count = 1, graphics controller VMSVGA, 3D acceleration enabled (my pc's graphics card is a geforce gtx970 with nvidia game ready driver v 451.67)
    - installer used : DVD - I have downloaded and mounted the ISO
    - VM EFI booting : I'm not sure; at this url :
    https://itsfoss.com/check-uefi-or-bios/#linux
    it tells me that to check if I have EFI booting I do have to search for a sys/firmare/efi folder on the linux os; I've checked and I don't have that folder, so I suppose I don't have EFI booting.
    Your setup seems sound and you filed a bug report on bugzilla, so let's see if anybody can reproduce what you are experiencing.
    My guess is that there are not so many members here on the Forums running a Win10 host though.
    Leap 15.1 Gnome on i7 4720HQ + Geforce GTX960M
    testing Leap 15.2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12