Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Setting up hplip With Graphical Interface

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sauerland
    Posts
    4,511

    Default AW: Setting up hplip With Graphical Interface

    Code:
    | External Dependencies |
    -------------------------
    
     cups                 CUPS - Common Unix Printing System                           REQUIRED        1.1             2.2.7           OK         'CUPS Scheduler is running'
     gs                   GhostScript - PostScript and PDF language interpreter and previewer REQUIRED        7.05            9.52            OK         -
     error: xsane         xsane - Graphical scanner frontend for SANE                  OPTIONAL        0.9             -               MISSING    'xsane needs to be installed'
     scanimage            scanimage - Shell scanning program                           OPTIONAL        1.0             1.0.27          OK         -
     error: dbus          DBus - Message bus system                                    REQUIRED        -               1.12.2          MISSING    'DBUS may not be installed or not running'
     policykit            PolicyKit - Administrative policy framework                  OPTIONAL        -               0.116           OK         -
     network              network -wget                                                OPTIONAL        -               1.20.3          OK         -
     error: avahi-utils   avahi-utils                                                  OPTIONAL        -               -               MISSING    'avahi-utils needs to be installed'
    
    ------------------------
    | General Dependencies |
    ------------------------
    
     error: libjpeg       libjpeg - JPEG library                                       REQUIRED        -               -               MISSING    'libjpeg needs to be installed'
     error: cups-devel    CUPS devel- Common Unix Printing System development files    REQUIRED        -               2.2.7           MISSING    'cups-devel needs to be installed'
     error: cups-image    CUPS image - CUPS image development files                    REQUIRED        -               2.2.7           MISSING    'cups-image needs to be installed'
     error: libpthread    libpthread - POSIX threads library                           REQUIRED        -               b'2.26'         MISSING    'libpthread needs to be installed'
     error: libusb        libusb - USB library                                         REQUIRED        -               1.0             MISSING    'libusb needs to be installed'
     sane                 SANE - Scanning library                                      REQUIRED        -               -               OK         -
     error: sane-devel    SANE - Scanning library development files                    REQUIRED        -               -               MISSING    'sane-devel needs to be installed'
     error: libnetsnmp-devel libnetsnmp-devel - SNMP networking library development files REQUIRED        5.0.9           5.7.3           MISSING    'libnetsnmp-devel needs to be installed'
     error: libcrypto     libcrypto - OpenSSL cryptographic library                    REQUIRED        -               1.1.1           MISSING    'libcrypto needs to be installed'
     python3X             Python 2.2 or greater - Python programming language          REQUIRED        2.2             3.6.10          OK         -
     error: python3-notify2 Python libnotify - Python bindings for the libnotify Desktop notifications OPTIONAL        -               -               MISSING    'python3-notify2 needs to be installed'
    This is what make no sense, install the missing packages.

    PS
    Why not using the packages shipped withn Leap 15.2?
    Last edited by Sauerland; 06-Jul-2020 at 08:46.

  2. #12

    Default Re: AW: Setting up hplip With Graphical Interface

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauerland View Post
    Code:
    | External Dependencies |
    -------------------------
    
     cups                 CUPS - Common Unix Printing System                           REQUIRED        1.1             2.2.7           OK         'CUPS Scheduler is running'
     gs                   GhostScript - PostScript and PDF language interpreter and previewer REQUIRED        7.05            9.52            OK         -
     error: xsane         xsane - Graphical scanner frontend for SANE                  OPTIONAL        0.9             -               MISSING    'xsane needs to be installed'
     scanimage            scanimage - Shell scanning program                           OPTIONAL        1.0             1.0.27          OK         -
     error: dbus          DBus - Message bus system                                    REQUIRED        -               1.12.2          MISSING    'DBUS may not be installed or not running'
     policykit            PolicyKit - Administrative policy framework                  OPTIONAL        -               0.116           OK         -
     network              network -wget                                                OPTIONAL        -               1.20.3          OK         -
     error: avahi-utils   avahi-utils                                                  OPTIONAL        -               -               MISSING    'avahi-utils needs to be installed'
    
    ------------------------
    | General Dependencies |
    ------------------------
    
     error: libjpeg       libjpeg - JPEG library                                       REQUIRED        -               -               MISSING    'libjpeg needs to be installed'
     error: cups-devel    CUPS devel- Common Unix Printing System development files    REQUIRED        -               2.2.7           MISSING    'cups-devel needs to be installed'
     error: cups-image    CUPS image - CUPS image development files                    REQUIRED        -               2.2.7           MISSING    'cups-image needs to be installed'
     error: libpthread    libpthread - POSIX threads library                           REQUIRED        -               b'2.26'         MISSING    'libpthread needs to be installed'
     error: libusb        libusb - USB library                                         REQUIRED        -               1.0             MISSING    'libusb needs to be installed'
     sane                 SANE - Scanning library                                      REQUIRED        -               -               OK         -
     error: sane-devel    SANE - Scanning library development files                    REQUIRED        -               -               MISSING    'sane-devel needs to be installed'
     error: libnetsnmp-devel libnetsnmp-devel - SNMP networking library development files REQUIRED        5.0.9           5.7.3           MISSING    'libnetsnmp-devel needs to be installed'
     error: libcrypto     libcrypto - OpenSSL cryptographic library                    REQUIRED        -               1.1.1           MISSING    'libcrypto needs to be installed'
     python3X             Python 2.2 or greater - Python programming language          REQUIRED        2.2             3.6.10          OK         -
     error: python3-notify2 Python libnotify - Python bindings for the libnotify Desktop notifications OPTIONAL        -               -               MISSING    'python3-notify2 needs to be installed'
    This is what make no sense, install the missing packages.

    PS
    Why not using the packages shipped withn Leap 15.2?
    Hello Sauerland.
    I thought that's what I did when I went to YaST2 Software Management... There I did a search for hlplip and installed what YaST2 was proposing.
    It might be that I have old remnants of a previous hplip still installed and I think the best way to proceed would be to completely uninstall hplip and then re-install it again via YaST2 Software Management.
    Would the 3 programs shown in this screen grab be the only things that I need to uninstall?
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/1a85991348785605

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sauerland
    Posts
    4,511

    Default AW: Setting up hplip With Graphical Interface

    See my quote, hplip is missing dependencies.....

  4. #14

    Default Re: AW: Setting up hplip With Graphical Interface

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauerland View Post
    See my quote, hplip is missing dependencies.....
    The problem that I am running into with installing missing dependencies is that YaST2 Software Management does not always propose a clear choice as to what I need to install. For instance, DBUS might be missing from the current installation.
    A search in YaST2 Software Management brings up a ton of packages that have the string DBUS included. And I do not know which one to install or how to run DBUS if it is already installed.
    That is why I would prefer starting over with a fresh installation of hplip.

    Another strange thing that I have noticed is that the current hplip installation seems to create two entries for the same printer. See this screenshot:
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/fc47021348787047
    Neither of the two entries allow to print anything from Firefox.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    21,744
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: AW: Setting up hplip With Graphical Interface

    Quote Originally Posted by tb75252 View Post
    Another strange thing that I have noticed is that the current hplip installation seems to create two entries for the same printer. See this screenshot:
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/fc47021348787047
    Neither of the two entries allow to print anything from Firefox.
    That print dialogue box looks like a GTK app, correct? If so, that is due to Avahi automatically discovering network printers, and GTK apps publish them. See here...
    https://lists.debian.org/debian-user.../msg00991.html
    openSUSE Leap 15.2; KDE Plasma 5

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    21,744
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: AW: Setting up hplip With Graphical Interface

    Quote Originally Posted by tb75252 View Post
    The problem that I am running into with installing missing dependencies is that YaST2 Software Management does not always propose a clear choice as to what I need to install. For instance, DBUS might be missing from the current installation.
    A search in YaST2 Software Management brings up a ton of packages that have the string DBUS included. And I do not know which one to install or how to run DBUS if it is already installed.
    That is why I would prefer starting over with a fresh installation of hplip.
    I doubt the dbus would be missing. It's intrinsic part of most desktop environments.
    Code:
    zypper se -si dbus
    openSUSE Leap 15.2; KDE Plasma 5

  7. #17

    Default Re: AW: Setting up hplip With Graphical Interface

    Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    I doubt the dbus would be missing. It's intrinsic part of most desktop environments.
    Code:
    zypper se -si dbus
    Hello Deano.
    There were a couple of other missing files that I could not find with YaST2 Software Management, and therefore I have decided to uninstall hplip with the intention of re-installing it from scratch.
    But, as you can see from the screen grab, one of the printer entries is still there... Do you know how I can get rid of it?
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/79c13e1348805369

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    21,744
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: AW: Setting up hplip With Graphical Interface

    Quote Originally Posted by tb75252 View Post
    Hello Deano.
    There were a couple of other missing files that I could not find with YaST2 Software Management, and therefore I have decided to uninstall hplip with the intention of re-installing it from scratch.
    But, as you can see from the screen grab, one of the printer entries is still there... Do you know how I can get rid of it?
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/79c13e1348805369
    I already gave you the reason for that. It is NOT a configured printer but is enumerated because the printer is discovered by Avahi. It's a GTK thing. You can ignore it.
    openSUSE Leap 15.2; KDE Plasma 5

  9. #19

    Default Re: AW: Setting up hplip With Graphical Interface

    Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    I already gave you the reason for that. It is NOT a configured printer but is enumerated because the printer is discovered by Avahi. It's a GTK thing. You can ignore it.
    The printer is still not printing. I have reinstalled hplip using YaST2. I have installed almost all of the missing files flagged by
    Code:
    hp-check -r
    .
    Code:
    hp-check -r
    shown below shows which files I was not able to install because I do not know which ones to pick...
    Code:
    > hp-check -r
    Saving output in log file: /home/tb/hp-check.log
    
    HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 3.20.6)
    Dependency/Version Check Utility ver. 15.1
    
    Copyright (c) 2001-18 HP Development Company, LP
    This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
    This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it
    under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.
    
    Note: hp-check can be run in three modes:
    1. Compile-time check mode (-c or --compile): Use this mode before compiling the HPLIP supplied tarball (.tar.gz or .run) to determine if the proper dependencies are installed to successfully compile HPLIP.                                                                 
    2. Run-time check mode (-r or --run): Use this mode to determine if a distro supplied package (.deb, .rpm, etc) or an already built HPLIP supplied tarball has the proper dependencies installed to successfully run.                                                          
    3. Both compile- and run-time check mode (-b or --both) (Default): This mode will check both of the above cases (both compile- and run-time dependencies).                                                                                                                     
    
    Check types:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
    a. EXTERNALDEP - External Dependencies                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
    b. GENERALDEP - General Dependencies (required both at compile and run time)                                                                                                                                                                                                   
    c. COMPILEDEP - Compile time Dependencies                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
    d. [All are run-time checks]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
    PYEXT SCANCONF QUEUES PERMISSION                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
    
    Status Types:
        OK
        MISSING       - Missing Dependency or Permission or Plug-in
        INCOMPAT      - Incompatible dependency-version or Plugin-version
    
    warning: 3-15.2 version is not supported. Using 3-15.1 versions dependencies to verify and install...
    
    ---------------
    | SYSTEM INFO |
    ---------------
    
     Kernel: 5.3.18-lp152.19-default #1 SMP Tue Jun 9 20:59:24 UTC 2020 (960cb00) GNU/Linux
     Host: linux-wx70
     Proc: 5.3.18-lp152.19-default #1 SMP Tue Jun 9 20:59:24 UTC 2020 (960cb00) GNU/Linux
     Distribution: 3 15.2
     Bitness: 64 bit
    
    
    -----------------------
    | HPLIP CONFIGURATION |
    -----------------------
    
    HPLIP-Version: HPLIP 3.20.6
    HPLIP-Home: /usr/share/hplip
    warning: HPLIP-Installation: Auto installation is not supported for 3 distro  15.2 version 
    
    Current contents of '/etc/hp/hplip.conf' file:
    # hplip.conf.  Generated from hplip.conf.in by configure.
    
    [hplip]
    version=3.20.6
    
    [dirs]
    home=/usr/share/hplip
    run=/var/run
    ppd=/usr/share/cups/model/manufacturer-PPDs/hplip
    ppdbase=/usr/share/cups/model/manufacturer-PPDs
    doc=/usr/share/doc/packages/hplip
    html=/usr/share/doc/packages/hplip
    icon=/usr/share/applications
    cupsbackend=/usr/lib/cups/backend
    cupsfilter=/usr/lib/cups/filter
    drv=/usr/lib/cups/driver
    bin=/usr/bin
    apparmor=/etc/apparmor.d
    # Following values are determined at configure time and cannot be changed.
    [configure]
    network-build=yes
    libusb01-build=no
    pp-build=no
    gui-build=yes
    scanner-build=yes
    fax-build=yes
    dbus-build=yes
    cups11-build=no
    doc-build=yes
    shadow-build=no
    hpijs-install=yes
    foomatic-drv-install=no
    foomatic-ppd-install=yes
    foomatic-rip-hplip-install=no
    hpcups-install=yes
    cups-drv-install=no
    cups-ppd-install=yes
    internal-tag=3.20.6
    restricted-build=no
    ui-toolkit=qt5
    qt3=no
    qt4=no
    qt5=yes
    policy-kit=no
    lite-build=no
    udev_sysfs_rules=no
    hpcups-only-build=no
    hpijs-only-build=no
    apparmor_build=no
    class-driver=no
    
    
    Current contents of '/var/lib/hp/hplip.state' file:
    Plugins are not installed. Could not access file: No such file or directory
    
    Current contents of '~/.hplip/hplip.conf' file:
    [commands]
    scan = /usr/bin/xsane -V %SANE_URI%
    
    [fax]
    email_address = 
    voice_phone = 
    
    [installation]
    date_time = 07/06/20 19:14:05
    version = 3.20.6
    
    [last_used]
    device_uri = "hp:/net/HP_Officejet_Pro_8610?ip=192.168.1.75"
    printer_name = HP_Officejet_Pro_8610
    working_dir = .
    
    [polling]
    device_list = 
    enable = false
    interval = 5
    
    [refresh]
    enable = false
    rate = 30
    type = 1
    
    [settings]
    systray_messages = 0
    systray_visible = 0
    
    [upgrade]
    last_upgraded_time = 1480209558
    latest_available_version = 3.13.11
    notify_upgrade = true
    pending_upgrade_time = 0
    
    
     <Package-name>        <Package-Desc>      <Required/Optional> <Min-Version> <Installed-Version> <Status>   <Comment>
    
    -------------------------
    | External Dependencies |
    -------------------------
    
     cups                 CUPS - Common Unix Printing System                           REQUIRED        1.1             2.2.7           OK         'CUPS Scheduler is running'
     gs                   GhostScript - PostScript and PDF language interpreter and previewer REQUIRED        7.05            9.52            OK         -
     xsane                xsane - Graphical scanner frontend for SANE                  OPTIONAL        0.9             0.999           OK         -
     scanimage            scanimage - Shell scanning program                           OPTIONAL        1.0             1.0.27          OK         -
     error: dbus          DBus - Message bus system                                    REQUIRED        -               1.12.2          MISSING    'DBUS may not be installed or not running'
     policykit            PolicyKit - Administrative policy framework                  OPTIONAL        -               0.116           OK         -
     network              network -wget                                                OPTIONAL        -               1.20.3          OK         -
     avahi-utils          avahi-utils                                                  OPTIONAL        -               0.7             OK         -
    
    ------------------------
    | General Dependencies |
    ------------------------
    
     error: libjpeg       libjpeg - JPEG library                                       REQUIRED        -               -               MISSING    'libjpeg needs to be installed'
     cups-devel           CUPS devel- Common Unix Printing System development files    REQUIRED        -               2.2.7           OK         -
     cups-image           CUPS image - CUPS image development files                    REQUIRED        -               2.2.7           OK         -
     libpthread           libpthread - POSIX threads library                           REQUIRED        -               b'2.26'         OK         -
     error: libusb        libusb - USB library                                         REQUIRED        -               1.0             MISSING    'libusb needs to be installed'
     sane                 SANE - Scanning library                                      REQUIRED        -               1.0.27          OK         -
     sane-devel           SANE - Scanning library development files                    REQUIRED        -               1.0.27          OK         -
     libnetsnmp-devel     libnetsnmp-devel - SNMP networking library development files REQUIRED        5.0.9           5.7.3           OK         -
     libcrypto            libcrypto - OpenSSL cryptographic library                    REQUIRED        -               1.1.1           OK         -
     python3X             Python 2.2 or greater - Python programming language          REQUIRED        2.2             3.6.10          OK         -
     python3-notify2      Python libnotify - Python bindings for the libnotify Desktop notifications OPTIONAL        -               -               OK         -
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/bin/hp-check", line 862, in <module>
        num_errors, num_warns = dep.validate(time_flag, is_quiet_mode)
      File "/usr/bin/hp-check", line 368, in validate
        self.core.dependencies[dep])
      File "/usr/bin/hp-check", line 210, in __update_deps_info
        installed_ver = self.core.version_func[deps_info[6]]()
      File "/usr/share/hplip/installer/dcheck.py", line 303, in get_pyQt4_version
        from PyQt4 import QtCore
    ImportError: cannot import name 'QtCore'

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    21,744
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Setting up hplip With Graphical Interface

    Please share
    Code:
    zypper se -s dbus
    openSUSE Leap 15.2; KDE Plasma 5

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •