Skype Repo Signification Failed

Hello,

Yesterday I think (it is Friday night here now), i got system message during updating system:

Warning: File ‘repomd.xml’ from repository ‘skype (stable)’ is unsigned.

Note: Signing data enables the recipient to verify that no modifications occurred after the data
were signed. Accepting data with no, wrong or unknown signature can lead to a corrupted system
and in extreme cases even to a system compromise.
Note: File 'repomd.xml' is the repositories master index file. It ensures the integrity of the
whole repo.
Warning: We can't verify that no one meddled with this file, so it might not be trustworthy
anymore! You should not continue unless you know it's safe.

What is wrong and how to fix it?

Thank you for answering my questions

sudo zypper ref

say yes when it asks about skype

What is not clear in error message? This repository does not provide signature for its metadata.

and how to fix it?

Complain to provider of this repository. There is nothing that can be done from our side except blindly trusting its content.

Not fix but bypass: use “–no-gpg-checks” option with zypper.

Better way: do not use Skype.

Skype - now owned by Microsoft - they think they own the internet - surprise it looks like Google owns it along with Amazon.
“We don’t need no stinking signature”
The Japan of Software companies.
MSDOS - they bought Seattle DOS and renamed it.
Windows - stolen from Xerox PARC like the Apple Lisa/Macintosh was.
Mouse - stolen idea from Xerox PARC.
Object Embedding and Linking - NCR had Cooperation and could not sell it and gave it to Microsoft.
Windows NT - NCR couldn’t sell Lan Manager and gave it to Microsoft - all Microsoft did is put a GUI on it.
NTFS - stolen idea from the Dec Vax file system

Unfortunately, this story is not ended. First, when I posted this, it was successfuly, but yesterday I got update from Skype. Updating was usuccessfuly, even thou I did again what you answered in this topic. So, message I got in last trying to update was:

Package is not signed!

skypeforlinux-8.62.0.83-1.x86_64 (skype (stable)): Signature verification failed [6-File is unsigned]
Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i] (a):
Problem occurred during or after installation or removal of packages:
Installation has been aborted as directed.
Please see the above error message for a hint.

Is there something I could do to fix this?

Thank you for answering my questions.

linux64:~ # LANG=C zypper in /home/stephan/Programme86x64/
Oracle-VirtualBox-Extensions/ Programme/                    
linux64:~ # LANG=C zypper in /home/stephan/Programme86x64/Programme/skypeforlinux-64.rpm 
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

The following NEW package is going to be installed:
  skypeforlinux

1 new package to install.
Overall download size: 101,6 MiB. Already cached: 0 B. After the operation, additional 263,8 MiB will be used.
Continue? [y/n/v/...? shows all options] (y): 
Retrieving package skypeforlinux-8.51.0.86-1.x86_64                                                                                                                           (1/1), 101,6 MiB (263,8 MiB unpacked)
skypeforlinux-64.rpm:
    Header V4 RSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID df7587c3: NOKEY

Looking for gpg key ID DF7587C3 in cache /var/cache/zypp/pubkeys.
Repository Plain RPM files cache does not define additional 'gpgkey=' URLs.
skypeforlinux-8.51.0.86-1.x86_64 (Plain RPM files cache): Signature verification failed [4-Signatures public key is not available]
Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i] (a): a
Problem occurred during or after installation or removal of packages:
Installation has been aborted as directed.
Please see the above error message for a hint.

Adding the key:

linux64:~ # rpm --import https://repo.skype.com/data/SKYPE-GPG-KEY
linux64:~ # 

Now installing:

LANG=C zypper in /home/stephan/Programme86x64/Programme/skypeforlinux-64.rpm 
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

The following NEW package is going to be installed:
  skypeforlinux

1 new package to install.
Overall download size: 101,6 MiB. Already cached: 0 B. After the operation, additional 263,8 MiB will be used.
Continue? [y/n/v/...? shows all options] (y): 
Retrieving package skypeforlinux-8.51.0.86-1.x86_64                                                                                                                           (1/1), 101,6 MiB (263,8 MiB unpacked)

Checking for file conflicts: ................................................................................................................................................................................[done]
(1/1) Installing: skypeforlinux-8.51.0.86-1.x86_64 ..........................................................................................................................................................[done]
linux64:~ # 

In my installation it did not work with a freshly downloaded key?

Problem seems to be that the RPM-file is not signed at all as indicated?

I have tried to contact the Skype support several times this week. But there was no reaction yet:

https://support.skype.com/en/skype/linux/ (“Contact us”)

In the Skype-Forum a “Volunteer Moderator” answered to my post that he isn’t able to help me with this issue…

https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/skype/forum/all/rpm-datei-unter-linux-nicht-signiert/

There is a chat available with Skype customer support (also available in German):

https://support.skype.com/en/contact-us#optionsv30_8_30

A Microsoft clerk form India is currently trying to take care about the issue.

The Microsoft clerk has now escalated the issue to second level support. Microsoft will get back to me on Monday.

Did Microsoft say something?

I just received another e-mail this afternoon: the issue has now been forwarded from 2nd level support to the Skype engineers. I hope that there will be a solution soon.

They seem to operate in Redmond or so which is about nine hours behind CET. So please still be patient for a little while!

Greetings,
Fips

Problem seems to be solved. Can anybody confirm?

Yes, it is solved. I updated system now, and update successfuly done.