Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Getting a message on running Yast2

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,898

    Default Re: Getting a message on running Yast2

    Quote Originally Posted by Somdatta View Post
    Are there any commands to run?
    To make it clearer, after Lepa 15.2 is officially released (maybe next Thursday) you have to run
    Code:
    zypper dup
    once more, for the last time.
    After that the "normal" procedure for updates kicks in, that is by running
    Code:
    zypper up
    or using one of the graphical apps you prefer.
    Leap 15.1 Gnome on i7 4720HQ + Geforce GTX960M
    testing Leap 15.2

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    13,830
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Getting a message on running Yast2

    Quote Originally Posted by OrsoBruno View Post
    To make it clearer, after Lepa 15.2 is officially released (maybe next Thursday) you have to run
    Code:
    zypper dup
    once more, for the last time.
    After that the "normal" procedure for updates kicks in, that is by running
    Code:
    zypper up
    or using one of the graphical apps you prefer.
    You can do that already. The GM (gold master) was last Thursday, so the release was frozen at that point. There are already a few updates in the main update repo. Practically speaking, it is already released except for the official celebrations.
    openSUSE Leap 15.2; KDE Plasma 5.18.5;

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    28,829
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Getting a message on running Yast2

    Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    You can do that already. The GM (gold master) was last Thursday, so the release was frozen at that point. There are already a few updates in the main update repo. Practically speaking, it is already released except for the official celebrations.
    Hi
    And unlocking so it goes out to the mirrors...
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    13,830
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Getting a message on running Yast2

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    And unlocking so it goes out to the mirrors...
    Yes, I missed that. You cannot yet download the official iso. For people who already have 15.2 installed, or who are upgrading online you can treat it as installed. But if you need the official iso to install 15.2, you still have two days to wait.
    openSUSE Leap 15.2; KDE Plasma 5.18.5;

  5. #15

    Default Re: Getting a message on running Yast2

    Sorry I didn't get dup means duplicate, so OK there's nothing to do.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    26,508

    Default Re: Getting a message on running Yast2

    Quote Originally Posted by Somdatta View Post
    Sorry I didn't get dup means duplicate, so OK there's nothing to do.
    dup (in the zypper context) means distribution-update.

    See
    Code:
    man zypper
    Henk van Velden

  7. #17

    Default Re: Getting a message on running Yast2

    Done the things, I am all set then, good, thanks everybody for chipping in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •