Hi,

I'm new to OpenSUSE (coming from Ubuntu where everything was automagical) and have a problem connecting my laptop to HP printers over the network. The printer here is a HP OfficeJet Pro 8715.

I've read the previous thread about related issues where they brute forced the problem by hard-coding a firewall rule that opens everything for the IP address of the printer. However I would prefer to avoid that, because I'm traveling a lot and would prefer to avoid clobbering my firewall with site-specific IP exceptions.

When I try to autodiscover printers over the network with hp-setup, I get the following error message:
Code:
$ hp-setup

HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 3.19.12)
Printer/Fax Setup Utility ver. 9.0

Copyright (c) 2001-18 HP Development Company, LP
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it
under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.

Searching... (bus=net, timeout=5, ttl=4, search=(None) desc=0, method=slp)
error: No devices found on bus: net
error:  HPLIP cannot detect printers in your network.  This may be due to existing firewall settings blocking the required ports.
When you are in a trusted network environment, you may open the ports for network services like mdns and slp in the firewall. For detailed steps follow the link.
http://hplipopensource.com/node/374  

Done.
When I disable the firewall with `sudo systemctl stop firewalld.service`, the printer is detected, so the problem is definitely the firewall.

The firewall is configured as follows, as you can see mdns and slp are both enabled:
Code:
$ sudo firewall-cmd --get-active-zoneshome
  interfaces: wlan0

$ sudo firewall-cmd --zone=home --list-all
home (active)
  target: default
  icmp-block-inversion: no
  interfaces: wlan0
  sources: 
  services: dhcpv6-client mdns samba-client slp ssh
  ports: 
  protocols: 
  masquerade: no
  forward-ports: 
  source-ports: 
  icmp-blocks: 
  rich rules:
What changes do I need to make to the firewall's home zone configuration to allow the necessary services?