Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do I configure a vpn connection?

Default Re: How do I configure a vpn connection?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    Glad to read you have a VPN working.

However, I'm not sure what you mean by completely dark. Note there are ways a VPN can be worked around by those with the resources and will power to do so - in order to discover who is using a VPN. This is especially true if the VPN user has a high traffic rate.

Note also what I said about ipv6 leaks.

Well, I'll consider it an honour if some entity feels worth its while to mobilize resources and will power enough to work around my VPN.

How to make the turning on of VPN automatic when I login and not have to enable it with a password each time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Somdatta View Post
    How to make the turning on of VPN automatic when I login and not have to enable it with a password each time.
    I think to answer that question - you will need to advise those monitoring this thread, as to exactly what methodology for VPN access you are using. There are multiple ways to setup a VPN and the answer to your question is likely different for each method.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    I think to answer that question - you will need to advise those monitoring this thread, as to exactly what methodology for VPN access you are using. There are multiple ways to setup a VPN and the answer to your question is likely different for each method.
    Thanks for responding. I sorted out the problem by contacting protonvpn support, and they have sent instructions.

I am getting the following on running the first command in the instructions. Please advise what I should do.

Code:
    som@localhost:~> sudo zypper install protonvpn-cli
    [sudo] password for root: 
    Loading repository data...
    Warning: Repository 'Update Repository (Non-Oss)' appears to be outdated. Consider using a different mirror or server.
    Reading installed packages...
    'protonvpn-cli' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
    No provider of 'protonvpn-cli' found.
    Resolving package dependencies...

Nothing to do.
    As dcurtisfra noted in the thread on how to uninstall Google Chrome, this warning should be taken care of.

I am getting this warning in more CLI executions. For instance,
    Code:
    localhost:/home/som # zypper dup --from packman-essentials --allow-vendor-changeLoading repository data...
    Warning: Repository 'Update Repository (Non-Oss)' appears to be outdated. Consider using a different mirror or server.
    Computing distribution upgrade...
    Repository 'packman-essentials' not found by its alias, number, or URI.
    Use 'zypper repos' to get the list of defined repositories.
    Please advise what I should do.

On doing zypper repos I get the following:
    Code:
    localhost:/home/som # zypper repos
    Repository priorities in effect:                (See 'zypper lr -P' for details)
          90 (raised priority)  :  1 repository
          99 (default priority) :  5 repositories

#  | Alias                     | Name                               | Enabled | GPG Check | Refresh
    ---+---------------------------+------------------------------------+---------+-----------+--------
     1 | openSUSE-Leap-15.2-1      | openSUSE-Leap-15.2-1               | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes
     2 | packman                   | packman                            | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes
     3 | repo-debug                | Debug Repository                   | No      | ----      | ----
     4 | repo-debug-non-oss        | Debug Repository (Non-OSS)         | No      | ----      | ----
     5 | repo-debug-update         | Update Repository (Debug)          | No      | ----      | ----
     6 | repo-debug-update-non-oss | Update Repository (Debug, Non-OSS) | No      | ----      | ----
     7 | repo-non-oss              | Non-OSS Repository                 | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes
     8 | repo-oss                  | Main Repository                    | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes
     9 | repo-source               | Source Repository                  | No      | ----      | ----
    10 | repo-source-non-oss       | Source Repository (Non-OSS)        | No      | ----      | ----
    11 | repo-update               | Main Update Repository             | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes
    12 | repo-update-non-oss       | Update Repository (Non-Oss)        | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes

What to do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Somdatta View Post
    I am getting this warning in more CLI executions. For instance,
    Code:
    localhost:/home/som # zypper dup --from packman-essentials --allow-vendor-changeLoading repository data...
    Computing distribution upgrade...
    Repository 'packman-essentials' not found by its alias, number, or URI.
    Use 'zypper repos' to get the list of defined repositories.
    Please advise what I should do.
    The pertinent repo is 'packman' from your repo list, so do
    Code:
    # zypper dup --from packman --allow-vendor-change
    openSUSE Leap 15.2; KDE Plasma 5

Yes already got it running, thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123