Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: realtek wireless

Default Re: AW: realtek wireless

Quote Originally Posted by Sauerland View Post
    I build only the driver, have no Hardware.

So maybe delete it and use another one?

No idea. Not familiar enough with driver creation for this card. Right now I'm running Ubuntu and I'm almost 100% signal. If I switch os to Leap, I get no signal in this same spot. I'm trying to convert to OpenS, but without wireless, not worth it. Thanks for your help so far.

Quote Originally Posted by new_user View Post
    Right now I'm running Ubuntu and I'm almost 100% signal.
    If you explain where you got driver for Ubuntu from, someone may be able to compare sources. May be Ubuntu is using extra patches or specific version etc.

Quote Originally Posted by arvidjaar View Post
    If you explain where you got driver for Ubuntu from, someone may be able to compare sources. May be Ubuntu is using extra patches or specific version etc.

No issues with Ubuntu. I was running MInt, all sorts of issues. That's why I have the github downloads (rtlwifi_new, rtl8723de) on an external. I've run all of these commands before when working with Mint, which eventually worked well. I saved them just in case. When I swapped over to Ubuntu, the wireless connected immediately, before I even started the install. I've been studying os's, and wanted to start using opensuse, and again, wireless issues. I thought it could be as simple as importing from external the two files, and using command line to integrate them. Apparently that's not the case. So wireless is installed at least now, but regardless of antenna selection, too weak to use unless I want to stand by the router. I had given thought to importing from Ubuntu, but I'm not that experienced with computers.

No issues with Ubuntu. I was running MInt, all sorts of issues. That's why I have the github downloads (rtlwifi_new, rtl8723de) on an external. I've run all of these commands before when working with Mint, which eventually worked well. I saved them just in case. When I swapped over to Ubuntu, the wireless connected immediately, before I even started the install. I've been studying os's, and wanted to start using opensuse, and again, wireless issues. I thought it could be as simple as importing from external the two files, and using command line to integrate them. Apparently that's not the case. So wireless is installed at least now, but regardless of antenna selection, too weak to use unless I want to stand by the router. I had given thought to importing from Ubuntu, but I'm not that experienced with computers.
    Driver being used in ubuntu is rtwpci.ko. No reference to rtl8723de which is the actual card.

configuration: broadcast=yes driver=rtw_pci driverversion=5.4.0-33-generic firmware=N/A ip=192.168.1.9 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11

Tried to copy file to leap, permission not granted. File is in lib. Won't copy over. Don't know how to download.

Default Re: realtek wireless

Driver being used in ubuntu is rtwpci.ko.
    Wow. While this driver appeared in 5.2, support for 8723DE just being added post-5.7 upstream. I am impressed. What Ubuntu version do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by arvidjaar View Post
    Wow. While this driver appeared in 5.2, support for 8723DE just being added post-5.7 upstream. I am impressed. What Ubuntu version do you have?
    20.04. Trying to run this github finding. Not sure how. Trying to mirror commands from #12.

Now I found this. https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/r...new-rtw88-dkms Could anyone help me with command lines to install? I'm new.........I don't know what to do.........

Blog Entries

Now I found this. https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/r...new-rtw88-dkms Could anyone help me with command lines to install? I'm new.........I don't know what to do.........
    Please keep your discussion around this to one thread. As you are now discussing this here...

https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...-OpenSUSE-15-1

...I will close this thread.
    openSUSE Leap 15.2; KDE Plasma 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345