Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PlayOnLinux

Default Re: PlayOnLinux

your link give me this error:
    Code:
    [9c134631e4ee59d30ea0a7a7] 2020-05-31 00:33:01: Fatal exception of type MWException
    I went to bugzilla from Tumbleweed page and report the bug and also link to this thread. Cross fingers.
    Thanks
    Gastón

Phoenicis depricates PlayOnLinux

Currently there is no package here: https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...ls/PlayOnLinux

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbach View Post
    Phoenicis depricates PlayOnLinux

Currently there is no package here: https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...ls/PlayOnLinux
    Hi
    Only because it's not the Python3 version, the latest 4.4 version is, hence create the bug report...
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

What other option do I have to replace POL?
    Gastón

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston1980 View Post
    Gastón
    Hi
    Wait for your bug report to be actioned? I imagine they may even go to PlayOnLinux version 5, or install via flathub...

https://github.com/PhoenicisOrg/phoenicis
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Malcom,
    Yes I installed POL5 and tried to install BattleNet (play starcraft2) but is not working, I can't install starcraft2.exe and Cant install BattleNet ( I try to install the script from webpage) but POL5 is not opening the script. I already create a post in the POL forum to get some help.
    Thanks for your help
    Gastón
    PS: I send the bug but still don't have a mail about how to solve this issue. I already delete all files and try to do a fresh re-install. All I need is the BattleNet

Gastón
    After trying phoenicis (unsuccessfully), I gave up on PoL and phoenicis got my stuff to work using Lutris.

Here are examples of 2 methods I used for migrating programs - the first by copying folders containing the wineprefix from PoL to Lutris, and the second by installing a program using a Windows installer. Note that these might not be the best ways of doing things - I'm definitely not an expert (my usage of terms like "wineprefix" might not be correct). These are just ways that have worked for me.

Copying the wineprefix folders

Using a PoL Kindle app install as an example.

PoL stores the wineprefix folders in:
    ~/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/

The PoL Kindle folder was:
    ~/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Kindle
    (which contains the dosdevices and drive_c folders)

Lutris stores wineprefix folders in:
    ~/Games/

Copy the Kindle folder into the Lutris Games folder, so the new location is:
    ~/Games/Kindle

In Lutris:
    1. Press the + button
    2. Select Add Game
    3. On the Game info tab, enter a name (Kindle) and runner (Wine)
    4. On the Game options tab enter the path to the executable (/home/<username>/Games/Kindle/drive_c/Program Files/Amazon/Kindle/Kindle.exe) and the wine prefix (/home/<username>/Games/Kindle)
    5. If you want to change the Wine version, do so on the Runner options tab.
    6. Press the Save button
    7. Double click the newly created icon/banner on the Lutris GUI (if you have an older version of WINE in the folder you copied and you didn't change the wine version in step 5, it will update the wine version to what is specified in the Runner options tab)

After this is complete if you double click the icon/banner again it will run the program.

Installing a program

1. Create a new folder (in ~/Games/) for the program you want to install.
    2. Copy the installer file into the newly created folder
    3. Press the + button
    4. Select Add Game
    5. On the Game info tab, enter a name and runner (Wine)
    6. On the Game options tab enter the path to the installer file from step 2 in the executable field and the path to the folder from step 1 in the Wine prefix field
    7. After changing any other options you want from other tabs, press the Save button
    8. Double click the newly created icon/banner on the Lutris GUI - this will install wine in the folder from step 1 and run the installer from step 2
    9. When this is complete right click the new icon/banner in Lutris and select configure (or press the configure button under the Play button on the right side of the window)
    10. On the Game options tab, Executable field, change the path from the installer to the executable for the newly installed program.
    11. Press the Save button

After this is complete if you double click the icon/banner again it will run the program.

Warning:
    You don't need to copy the installer to the newly created folder in step 2 (you could enter a path to wherever the file is in step 6), but I suggest doing so if you have other files in the same folder as the installer. While experimenting and trying to figure out the process, I had the install file in a folder with other files and entered that path in step 6. After an unsuccessful install attempt, I deleted the icon/banner and it gave the option to also delete associated files - which I opted to do, thinking it would only delete the contents of the folder I created in step 1 BUT it also deleted other files from the folder that installer file was located in. The weird thing is, it didn't delete the installer file I used - just a bunch of other files in the same folder. Fortunately nothing important was lost.

https://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover-linux

https://q4wine.brezblock.org.ua/

Crossover is paid-for software from Codeweavers who also contribute to Wine.

Q4Wine is free software and is available from the repos. I switched to it from PoL.

I use both.

Some people like Lutris, but I'm not personally a fan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12