Thread: minidlna settings

Default minidlna settings

I have installed minidlna, but it seems to display a list of new tracks rather than new albums. Is there some way to change this?
    Classical music enthusiasts almost always do not want tp play a single track!
    Thanks for any suggestions,
    Jim

Blog Entries

Default Re: minidlna settings

minidlna is only a media server, but it has no GUI. So, what are you using to display the media? And, did you look at the man pages for minidlna?
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Quote Originally Posted by jarome View Post
    I have installed minidlna, but it seems to display a list of new tracks rather than new albums. Is there some way to change this?
    Classical music enthusiasts almost always do not want tp play a single track!
    Thanks for any suggestions,
    Jim
    I added some media_dir to the configuration file:

Code:
    erlangen:~ # grep -v \# /etc/minidlna.conf | grep -v ^\$
    port=8200
    media_dir=/home/Albums
    album_art_names=Cover.jpg/cover.jpg/AlbumArtSmall.jpg/albumartsmall.jpg/AlbumArt.jpg/albumart.jpg/Album.jpg/album.jpg/Folder.jpg/folder.jpg/Thumb.jpg/thumb.jpg
    inotify=yes
    enable_tivo=no
    tivo_discovery=bonjour
    strict_dlna=no
    serial=12345678
    model_number=1
    erlangen:~ #
    Users can view the media e.g. with vlc at Local Network > Universal Plug'n'Play.
    AMD Athlon 4850e (2009), openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4, Intel i3-4130 (2014), i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5

Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    minidlna is only a media server, but it has no GUI. So, what are you using to display the media? And, did you look at the man pages for minidlna?
    Right. I am looking at the results using DCS Mosaic, the control for my DCS DAC media server. And I looked at man, and searched google.
    And I have media_dir set. That is how I see my albums. The issue is that minidlna gives a list for recent tracks.
    Kodi gives a list of recent albums, which is what I need. But Kodi is really overkill for just providing UPnP.