Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot change email address in bugzilla

Default Cannot change email address in bugzilla

My old e-mail is in bugzilla - attempts to change it sends you to the novell site and it had the correct e-mail address but bugzilla sees my old one.
    Any idea how to change it without going to novell site.

This site has the correct e-mail address - bugzilla has my 12 year old one.
    Opensuse 15.1 with VirtualBox VM's (Windows 98, XP, 7, 8.1, 10 & OpenSUSE 15.0)

Unix since 1974 (pdp-11 in "B" , Interdata 7/32 in "C") (AT&T, Tandy, Convergent, IBM, NCR, HP flavors)
    Linux since 1995 (mandrake, redhat, fedora, centos, now OpenSUSE)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cannot change email address in bugzilla

I think you can change your email at
    Code:
    https://idp-portal.suse.com/
    Maybe I should ask how you are accessing bugzilla. You should be using "bugzilla.opensuse.org" or perhaps "bugzilla.suse.com".

If you are using "bugzilla.novell.com", then you are doing it wrongly.
    Last edited by nrickert; 21-May-2020 at 09:15.
    openSUSE Leap 15.2; KDE Plasma 5.18.5;

bugzilla.opensuse.com - the Development tab at the top of this forum goes to 404.

The user preferences account info seems to go to novell rather than to opensuse.

Unix since 1974 (pdp-11 in "B" , Interdata 7/32 in "C") (AT&T, Tandy, Convergent, IBM, NCR, HP flavors)

the idp-portal has my correct email address - I even validated the email address again just now.

no change in bugzilla - still the old email address.

Quote Originally Posted by larryr View Post
    the idp-portal has my correct email address - I even validated the email address again just now.

no change in bugzilla - still the old email address.
    When I encountered issues I cleared the browser cache and deleted cookies and web data related to Microfocus/Novell.
    AMD Athlon 4850e (2009), openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4, Intel i3-4130 (2014), i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5

Blog Entries

bugzilla.opensuse.com - the Development tab at the top of this forum goes to 404.
    I only see that tab when I am not logged in. And I am not getting a 404. Rather, I get a submenu.

The user preferences account info seems to go to novell rather than to opensuse.
    I'm not sure where you are seeing that.

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    I'm not sure where you are seeing that.
    In bugzilla - when you select "user preferences" then "account information"
    as for the Development click:
    https://www.opensuse.org/sitemap#development goes to 404

go here and select account information
    https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/userprefs.cgi

For what it's worth, after moving my login to the new system, I also changed my email address, and was warned that this would break my linkage with bugzilla.

I just logged into bugzilla.opensuse.org using my new credentials. It was interesting to see that the reports option displayed my old email address; going to the "Account Information" tab switches me to a Micro Focus login screen.

Perhaps the full migration has not happened yet, or perhaps this is what the warning on breakage meant.

Blog Entries

In bugzilla - when you select "user preferences" then "account information"
    I have looked around. But I am not seeing "user preferences". So I'm unable to investigate this.

as for the Development click:
    https://www.opensuse.org/sitemap#development goes to 404
    I am getting a slightly different link
    http://opensuse.org/sitemap#development
    and I get that both with "firefox" and with "opera". I'll try with "konqueror" some time in the future, but I'm currently logged in there, and I don't see that tab when logged in.

As someone else suggested, maybe you have some cookies and cached data in your browser that is causing wrong results.

go here and select account information
    https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/userprefs.cgi
    Hmm. Yes, I can try that. But I'm not finding anywhere in bugzilla to get to that link.

If I use that link, it asks me to login at the "microfocus" login page. However, if I go directly to "bugzilla.opensuse.org", I am already logged in and no login is requested. Similarly, if I get there with an email of a bug report, I am already logged in -- providing that the link in the email is to "bugzilla.opensuse.org". If the link is to "bugzilla.suse.com" then I am not logged in, and I have not attempted a login that way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    I have looked around. But I am not seeing "user preferences". So I'm unable to investigate this.
    Okay, I found that Preferences link. I guess I was looking in the wrong place. And yes, if I use that and then go to Account Information, I am taken to a page labelled "Novell login" and it is at the microfocus site. So I guess something wasn't fully migrated. I'm not sure of the best way to report that problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast