Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 74

Thread: new pepwave router, no internet

  1. #1

    Default new pepwave router, no internet

    I have a computer with a Lan connection and no wifi.

    I have just connected a new PepWave Max BR1 Mini Industrial Grade 4G LTE router.

    It is connected directly to the computer via ethernet.

    I am able to access the Pepwave admin login via the ip address on a browser.

    I cannot however access the internet via any browser.

    So the router is communicating with the computer, but not allowing internet access.

    I have a work laptop with wifi that is connecting to the router great, and the internet connection is fine.


    thoughts?
    openSUSE Tumbleweed 64-bit / Cinnamon

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    21,510
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: new pepwave router, no internet

    The service provider might make a difference here. I've had SIM cards that need to be registered/activated (NZ provider) first for example.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    26,451

    Default Re: new pepwave router, no internet

    So far we did not see any facts about how your computer is configurated. We can however conclude that you NIC is up, having an IP address fitting to the LAN because you say the system canconnect to the router in that LAN.

    But we have no information on what route(s), specialy the deafult route, is/are set. Thus please:
    Code:
    ip route
    Henk van Velden

  4. #4

    Default Re: new pepwave router, no internet

    Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    The service provider might make a difference here. I've had SIM cards that need to be registered/activated (NZ provider) first for example.
    Thank you.
    The Sim card is active, and the router is working and providing internet data to the house via wifi.
    I can connect through the Lan and via a browser to it to the router's admin app, however it will not download internet data.
    Nothing shows on a browser and the error after a very long wait is that the server cannot be located (ie, the website selected)

    thanks.
    openSUSE Tumbleweed 64-bit / Cinnamon

  5. #5

    Default Re: new pepwave router, no internet

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    So far we did not see any facts about how your computer is configurated. We can however conclude that you NIC is up, having an IP address fitting to the LAN because you say the system canconnect to the router in that LAN.

    But we have no information on what route(s), specialy the deafult route, is/are set. Thus please:
    Code:
    ip route
    Code:
    ip route
    default via 192.168.50.1 dev enp0s25 proto dhcp metric 100 
    192.168.50.0/24 dev enp0s25 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.50.13 metric 100
    That is the router's correct ip address.
    It is communicating, but no internet.


    tks,
    openSUSE Tumbleweed 64-bit / Cinnamon

  6. #6

    Default Re: new pepwave router, no internet

    What other information can I pull to help get to a fix?
    openSUSE Tumbleweed 64-bit / Cinnamon

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    20,820
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: new pepwave router, no internet

    Quote Originally Posted by idee View Post
    What other information can I pull to help get to a fix?
    I don't know much about these 4G routers, but IMHO you first should check through its intterface whether it's connected.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    21,510
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: new pepwave router, no internet

    Quote Originally Posted by idee View Post
    Code:
    ip route
    default via 192.168.50.1 dev enp0s25 proto dhcp metric 100 
    192.168.50.0/24 dev enp0s25 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.50.13 metric 100
    That is the router's correct ip address.
    It is communicating, but no internet.


    tks,
    The default route is there. Try reaching to well-known internet address
    Code:
    ping 8.8.8.8
    then by domain name
    Code:
    ping google.com
    If the first works and second fails, it is a name resolution issue.
    Code:
    grep name /etc/resolv.conf
    That is easy to sort if need be.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    21,510
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: new pepwave router, no internet

    Manual DNS configuration...
    https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Configure_DNS
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Erlangen
    Posts
    1,606

    Default Re: new pepwave router, no internet

    Quote Originally Posted by idee View Post
    Code:
    ip route
    default via 192.168.50.1 dev enp0s25 proto dhcp metric 100 
    192.168.50.0/24 dev enp0s25 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.50.13 metric 100
    That is the router's correct ip address.
    It is communicating, but no internet.


    tks,
    The link uses dhcp. You may post the output of command ' journalctl -b --grep dhcp'.
    Code:
    erlangen:~ # journalctl -b --grep dhcp 
    -- Logs begin at Fri 2020-05-15 06:58:27 CEST, end at Wed 2020-05-20 10:13:10 CEST. --
    -- No entries --
    erlangen:~ #
    AMD Athlon 4850e (2009), openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4, Intel i3-4130 (2014), i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •