Thread: How to boot Live Opensuse Toram

Default How to boot Live Opensuse Toram

Hi, I have downloaded Opensuse Leap, Tumbleweed, Tumbleweed kde live iso, I'm trying every version, one problem I can't seem to find is how to boot the live flashed usb using "Toram" method, I believe on Grub menu press the "E" button and it will show lines of code and user can set boot order and edit the lines.

anyone have idea how to boot Opensuse live usb toram?

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to boot Live Opensuse Toram

I'm not sure what you are talking about. What is "toram method"?

When booting life media in UEFI mode, grub is used and you can hit the E key as you describe.

When booting in BIOS/MBR mode, grub is not used. But there is a space where you can enter boot parameters.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

sorry my english written is bad, what I mean is boot into ram, load all the opensuse system files into the ram and after finish boot I can plug off the usb

I have not much knowledge in Linux, I found this "toram" method awhile ago, adding something like --toram line can boot whole system into ram

I would like to boot live Tumbleweed kde into ram the one is smaller size 850mb iso. I really hope it's possible, thanks.

Blog Entries

When you use the live image, you are mostly running from ram. Well, some data will be read from a compressed file on the USB.

However, if there is space on your usb, it will create a "hybrid" partition to store data on. I think you can suppress that by adding
    Code:
    kiwi_hybridpersistent=false
    on the kernel command line. But it is several years since I last tried that.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha