Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WiFi setup lost after reboot or shutdown

Default AW: WiFi setup lost after reboot or shutdown

Can you switch to the "old" Version of wpa-supplicant and see, if it works?
    Code:
    S  | Name                         | Typ        | Version         | Arch   | Repository      
    ---+------------------------------+------------+-----------------+--------+-----------------
    i+ | wpa_supplicant               | Paket      | 2.6-lp151.5.3.1 | x86_64 | OSS-Update      
    v  | wpa_supplicant               | Paket      | 2.6-lp151.4.4   | x86_64 | OSS             
    v  | wpa_supplicant               | Paket      | 2.6-lp151.5.3.1 | i586   | OSS-Update      
       | wpa_supplicant               | Quellpaket | 2.6-lp151.5.3.1 | noarch | OSS-Update      
       | wpa_supplicant-debuginfo     | Paket      | 2.6-lp151.4.4   | x86_64 | Debug-Repository
       | wpa_supplicant-debugsource   | Paket      | 2.6-lp151.4.4   | x86_64 | Debug-Repository
       | wpa_supplicant-gui           | Paket      | 2.6-lp151.5.3.1 | x86_64 | OSS-Update      
       | wpa_supplicant-gui           | Paket      | 2.6-lp151.4.4   | x86_64 | OSS             
       | wpa_supplicant-gui           | Paket      | 2.6-lp151.5.3.1 | i586   | OSS-Update      
       | wpa_supplicant-gui-debuginfo | Paket      | 2.6-lp151.4.4   | x86_64 | Debug-Repository
    Or use wpa_supplicant from the network Repo:
    https://download.opensuse.org/reposi...p_15.1/x86_64/

Because I see this:
    https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1166933

Default Re: AW: WiFi setup lost after reboot or shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by Sauerland View Post

Because I see this:
    Yes, if i downgrade wpa_supplicant to 2.6-lp151.4.4.x86_64 it works as before. I opened bug 1167319 https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1167319

Default AW: WiFi setup lost after reboot or shutdown

Why not adding it to the bug I mentioned?

Code:
    S  | Name                         | Typ        | Version         | Arch   | Repository      
    ---+------------------------------+------------+-----------------+--------+-----------------
    i+ | wpa_supplicant               | Paket      | 2.6-lp151.5.3.1 | x86_64 | OSS-Update      
    v  | wpa_supplicant               | Paket      | 2.6-lp151.4.4   | x86_64 | OSS             
    v  | wpa_supplicant               | Paket      | 2.6-lp151.5.3.1 | i586   | OSS-Update      
       | wpa_supplicant               | Quellpaket | 2.6-lp151.5.3.1 | noarch | OSS-Update      
       | wpa_supplicant-debuginfo     | Paket      | 2.6-lp151.4.4   | x86_64 | Debug-Repository
       | wpa_supplicant-debugsource   | Paket      | 2.6-lp151.4.4   | x86_64 | Debug-Repository
       | wpa_supplicant-gui           | Paket      | 2.6-lp151.5.3.1 | x86_64 | OSS-Update      
       | wpa_supplicant-gui           | Paket      | 2.6-lp151.4.4   | x86_64 | OSS             
       | wpa_supplicant-gui           | Paket      | 2.6-lp151.5.3.1 | i586   | OSS-Update      
       | wpa_supplicant-gui-debuginfo | Paket      | 2.6-lp151.4.4   | x86_64 | Debug-Repository
    Or use wpa_supplicant from the network Repo:
    https://download.opensuse.org/reposi...p_15.1/x86_64/

Because I see this:
    I installed the older version of wpa_supplicant using Yast. Isn't the version that keeps trying to update my system the broken version or am I missing something? Installing the older version of wpa_supplicant does result in a network connection after a restart. Would copying the version shown above to my system and installing manually fix the problem? It seems like I'd end up unable to connect again.

Bob
    f16c

Real Old Dude, Student and Engineer.
    Lover of family, great ideas, open source software and cats.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by f16c View Post
    I installed the older version of wpa_supplicant using Yast. Isn't the version that keeps trying to update my system the broken version or am I missing something?
    Install the version that works. Then lock that version so it won't update. To lock in Yast, right-click on the installed package, and select "protected - do not modify".

You will probably get a conflict when running Yast online update, and one of the choices will be to skip that patch.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

Why not adding it to the bug I mentioned?
    I probably should have. But that bugs description indicated a wifi setup failure and indicated the interface could only be managed by network manager and that wicked fails. My problem is only that my wlan fails to start on boot and can be managed by wicked with no problem other than needing a manual "wicked ifup wlan0" command at login. It is undoubtedly caused by the same patch, but not having any experience with openSUSE bug reporting I didn't know how important it is to have an accurate description so I created my own. I figured it could always be closed as a dup if that was appropriate. I'm open to guidance on when to open a new bug or update a similar one.

Quote Originally Posted by jhtaylor20 View Post
    IMy problem is only that my wlan fails to start on boot and can be managed by wicked with no problem other than needing a manual "wicked ifup wlan0" command at login.
    As explained in the first bug report, on boot wpa_supplicant fails to start when wickedd attempts to setup interface; when you bring up interface manually, wpa_supplicant is already started so everything works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12