Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Nvidia G03 for Leap 15.2

  1. #1

    Default Nvidia G03 for Leap 15.2

    Will there be support for nvidia G03 drivers?
    When I visited https://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/leap/15.2/x86_64/ there is no longer support for older graphics.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,013

    Default Re: Nvidia G03 for Leap 15.2

    Maybe the 340 drivers are not building anymore with kernel 5.3.x in Leap 15.2?
    Leap 15.1 Gnome on i7 4720HQ + Geforce GTX960M
    testing Leap 15.2

  3. #3

    Default Re: Nvidia G03 for Leap 15.2

    Download G03 packages from https://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/leap/15.1/x86_64/ ant try to install them.
    Maybe will work.
    Same with G02 packages from https://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/leap/42.3/x86_64/ .

    Hint: you will need instruments to compile drivers.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    29,817
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Nvidia G03 for Leap 15.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Svyatko View Post
    Download G03 packages from https://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/leap/15.1/x86_64/ ant try to install them.
    Maybe will work.
    Same with G02 packages from https://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/leap/42.3/x86_64/ .

    Hint: you will need instruments to compile drivers.
    Hi
    Leap has the 5.3.x kernel, G03 support was dropped awhile ago now, I gave up with a GT8800 awhile back, if it's not a laptop, consider an upgrade, I use cheap cards here GT710's

    There are probably patches on the nvidia forums, but that will mean patching the run file (it's not bad if have the patches) and installing the hardway.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Nvidia G03 for Leap 15.2

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Leap has the 5.3.x kernel, G03 support was dropped awhile ago now, I gave up with a GT8800 awhile back, if it's not a laptop, consider an upgrade, I use cheap cards here GT710's

    There are probably patches on the nvidia forums, but that will mean patching the run file (it's not bad if have the patches) and installing the hardway.
    Thank you.

    I think that lack of support is due 5.3.x kernel on Leap 15.2. I have got old graphics and use nvidia G03 drivers on Leap 15.1.
    Maybe it is time to change Leap for Tumbleweed or just use future Leap 15.2 on default graphic drivers.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Nvidia G03 for Leap 15.2

    Nvidia drops support for a G03 hardware.
    There is no G03 drivers for a TW: https://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/tumbleweed/x86_64/ .

    You may use nouveau drivers.
    Or get new hardware. Nvidia's Kepler family will have support for ~2 years.

    Hint: GT 1030 has no CUDA support.
    Consider to use AMD graphics - it is good for an ordinary use (no CUDA).

  7. #7

    Default Re: Nvidia G03 for Leap 15.2

    Did you manage to make it work properly?
    I have just upgraded to 15.2 and G03 stopped working (I have ASUSTeK EN210 SILENT which is NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [GeForce 210])
    I have installed nouveau, but It does not work very well, so I'm thinking on fixing the issue or dawngrading to 15.1 again (if possible).

    best regards

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sauerland
    Posts
    5,008

    Default AW: Re: Nvidia G03 for Leap 15.2

    Quote Originally Posted by fperal View Post
    Did you manage to make it work properly?
    I have just upgraded to 15.2 and G03 stopped working (I have ASUSTeK EN210 SILENT which is NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [GeForce 210])
    I have installed nouveau, but It does not work very well, so I'm thinking on fixing the issue or dawngrading to 15.1 again (if possible).

    best regards
    When you use Kmail its no good idea of downgrading. there was a change in the database.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    29,817
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Nvidia G03 for Leap 15.2

    Quote Originally Posted by fperal View Post
    Did you manage to make it work properly?
    I have just upgraded to 15.2 and G03 stopped working (I have ASUSTeK EN210 SILENT which is NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [GeForce 210])
    I have installed nouveau, but It does not work very well, so I'm thinking on fixing the issue or dawngrading to 15.1 again (if possible).

    best regards
    Hi
    It's working, help a user on IRC the other day get his 8400M up and running on Leap 15.2... install the hard way with the 5.7 patched driver installer at the following link;

    https://www.if-not-true-then-false.c...vidia-guide/4/
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Nvidia G03 for Leap 15.2

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    It's working, help a user on IRC the other day get his 8400M up and running on Leap 15.2... install the hard way with the 5.7 patched driver installer at the following link;

    https://www.if-not-true-then-false.c...vidia-guide/4/
    if installed that way, it will be necesary to redo it everytime the kernel changes, true?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •