Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Trying to build BR-CAD. Cmake out of memory?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    97

    Default Re: Trying to build BR-CAD. Cmake out of memory?

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Give me a few, been working today
    Hi,
    Take your time.

    The service is down right now. Server returned an error: HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable

    Any way this is my latest spec

    Code:
    #
    # spec file for package brlcad
    #
    # Copyright (c) 2020 SUSE LLC
    # Copyright (c) 2004-2012 United States Government as represented by
    #
    # All modifications and additions to the file contributed by third parties
    # remain the property of their copyright owners, unless otherwise agreed
    # upon. The license for this file, and modifications and additions to the
    # file, is the same license as for the pristine package itself (unless the
    # license for the pristine package is not an Open Source License, in which
    # case the license is the MIT License). An "Open Source License" is a
    # license that conforms to the Open Source Definition (Version 1.9)
    # published by the Open Source Initiative.
    
    # Please submit bugfixes or comments via https://bugs.opensuse.org/
    #
    
    
    Name:           brlcad
    Version:        7.30.0.74914
    Release:        0
    Summary:        BRL-CAD Open Source Solid Modeling
    License:        LGPL, BSD
    Group:          Productivity/Graphics/CAD
    URL:            https://brlcad.org
    Source:         trunk-%{version}.tar.xz
    BuildRequires:  bison
    BuildRequires:  gcc-c++
    BuildRequires:  cmake
    BuildRequires:  fdupes
    BuildRequires:  flex
    BuildRequires:  make
    BuildRequires:  sed
    
    %define brl_prefix /opt/brlcad
    
    %description
    BRL-CAD is a powerful cross-platform open source solid modeling system
    that includes interactive geometry editing, high-performance
    ray-tracing for rendering and geometric analysis, image and
    signal-processing tools, a system performance analysis benchmark
    suite, libraries for robust geometric representation, with more than
    25 years of active development.
    
    
    %package  devel
    Summary:        Development files of %{name}
    Group:          Development/Libraries/C and C++
    
    %description devel
    This package contains libraries and header files for developing
    applications that use BRL-CAD.
    
    %prep
    %autosetup -n trunk-%{version}
    
    %build
    %global _lto_cflags %{_lto_cflags} -ffat-lto-objects
    mkdir -p build
    cd build
    cmake -DBRLCAD_BUNDLED_LIBS=ON \
           -DBRLCAD_BUNDLED_LIBS=Bundled \
           -DBRLCAD_ENABLE_OPENGL=ON \
           -DBRLCAD_FLAGS_OPTIMIZATION=ON \
           -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/brlcad \
           -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="Release" \
           ..
    make %{?_smp_mflags}
    
    %install
    %cmake_install
    %fdupes -s %{buildroot}
    
    %post -p /sbin/ldconfig
    %postun -p /sbin/ldconfig
    
    %files devel
    /opt/brlcad/lib/*.a
    /opt/brlcad/lib/*.so
    /opt/brlcad/include/*
    
    %files
    %doc AUTHORS BUGS ChangeLog CHANGES HACKING NEWS README TODO
    %license COPYING
    /opt/brlcad
    
    %changelog
    I could not test it because service down at the moment.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    28,110
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Trying to build BR-CAD. Cmake out of memory?

    Quote Originally Posted by andythe_great View Post
    Hi,
    Take your time.

    The service is down right now. Server returned an error: HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable

    Any way this is my latest spec

    Code:
    #
    # spec file for package brlcad
    #
    # Copyright (c) 2020 SUSE LLC
    # Copyright (c) 2004-2012 United States Government as represented by
    #
    # All modifications and additions to the file contributed by third parties
    # remain the property of their copyright owners, unless otherwise agreed
    # upon. The license for this file, and modifications and additions to the
    # file, is the same license as for the pristine package itself (unless the
    # license for the pristine package is not an Open Source License, in which
    # case the license is the MIT License). An "Open Source License" is a
    # license that conforms to the Open Source Definition (Version 1.9)
    # published by the Open Source Initiative.
    
    # Please submit bugfixes or comments via https://bugs.opensuse.org/
    #
    
    
    Name:           brlcad
    Version:        7.30.0.74914
    Release:        0
    Summary:        BRL-CAD Open Source Solid Modeling
    License:        LGPL, BSD
    Group:          Productivity/Graphics/CAD
    URL:            https://brlcad.org
    Source:         trunk-%{version}.tar.xz
    BuildRequires:  bison
    BuildRequires:  gcc-c++
    BuildRequires:  cmake
    BuildRequires:  fdupes
    BuildRequires:  flex
    BuildRequires:  make
    BuildRequires:  sed
    
    %define brl_prefix /opt/brlcad
    
    %description
    BRL-CAD is a powerful cross-platform open source solid modeling system
    that includes interactive geometry editing, high-performance
    ray-tracing for rendering and geometric analysis, image and
    signal-processing tools, a system performance analysis benchmark
    suite, libraries for robust geometric representation, with more than
    25 years of active development.
    
    
    %package  devel
    Summary:        Development files of %{name}
    Group:          Development/Libraries/C and C++
    
    %description devel
    This package contains libraries and header files for developing
    applications that use BRL-CAD.
    
    %prep
    %autosetup -n trunk-%{version}
    
    %build
    %global _lto_cflags %{_lto_cflags} -ffat-lto-objects
    mkdir -p build
    cd build
    cmake -DBRLCAD_BUNDLED_LIBS=ON \
           -DBRLCAD_BUNDLED_LIBS=Bundled \
           -DBRLCAD_ENABLE_OPENGL=ON \
           -DBRLCAD_FLAGS_OPTIMIZATION=ON \
           -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/brlcad \
           -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="Release" \
           ..
    make %{?_smp_mflags}
    
    %install
    %cmake_install
    %fdupes -s %{buildroot}
    
    %post -p /sbin/ldconfig
    %postun -p /sbin/ldconfig
    
    %files devel
    /opt/brlcad/lib/*.a
    /opt/brlcad/lib/*.so
    /opt/brlcad/include/*
    
    %files
    %doc AUTHORS BUGS ChangeLog CHANGES HACKING NEWS README TODO
    %license COPYING
    /opt/brlcad
    
    %changelog
    I could not test it because service down at the moment.
    Hi
    Use a local build... osc build -o Think I have it all building now and clean up the warnings....
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    97

    Default Re: Trying to build BR-CAD. Cmake out of memory?

    I can not clean the devel-file-in-non-devel-package and E: lto-no-text-in-archive error even if I add
    Code:
    %files devel
    %{brlcad_prefix}/lib/*.a
    %{brlcad_prefix}/lib/*.so
    %{brlcad_prefix}/include/*
    Here is my latest spec file.

    Code:
    #
    # spec file for package brlcad
    #
    # Copyright (c) 2020 SUSE LLC
    # Copyright (c) 2004-2012 United States Government as represented by
    #
    # All modifications and additions to the file contributed by third parties
    # remain the property of their copyright owners, unless otherwise agreed
    # upon. The license for this file, and modifications and additions to the
    # file, is the same license as for the pristine package itself (unless the
    # license for the pristine package is not an Open Source License, in which
    # case the license is the MIT License). An "Open Source License" is a
    # license that conforms to the Open Source Definition (Version 1.9)
    # published by the Open Source Initiative.
    
    # Please submit bugfixes or comments via https://bugs.opensuse.org/
    #
    
    
    Name:           brlcad
    Version:        7.30.0.74914
    Release:        0
    Summary:        BRL-CAD Open Source Solid Modeling
    License:        BSD-3-Clause and GPL-2.1-or-later
    Group:          Productivity/Graphics/CAD
    URL:            https://brlcad.org
    Source:         trunk-%{version}.tar.xz
    BuildRequires:  bison
    BuildRequires:  gcc-c++
    BuildRequires:  cmake
    BuildRequires:  fdupes
    BuildRequires:  flex
    BuildRequires:  make
    BuildRequires:  sed
    
    %define brlcad_prefix /opt/brlcad
    
    %description
    BRL-CAD is a powerful cross-platform open source solid modeling system
    that includes interactive geometry editing, high-performance
    ray-tracing for rendering and geometric analysis, image and
    signal-processing tools, a system performance analysis benchmark
    suite, libraries for robust geometric representation, with more than
    25 years of active development.
    
    
    %package  devel
    Summary:        Development files of %{name}
    Group:          Development/Libraries/C and C++
    Requires:       %{name} = %{version}-%{release}
    
    %description devel
    This package contains libraries and header files for developing
    applications that use BRL-CAD.
    
    %prep
    %autosetup -n trunk-%{version}
    
    %build
    %global _lto_cflags %{_lto_cflags} -ffat-lto-objects
    mkdir -p build
    cd build
    cmake -DBRLCAD_BUNDLED_LIBS=ON \
           -DBRLCAD_BUNDLED_LIBS=Bundled \
           -DBRLCAD_ENABLE_OPENGL=ON \
           -DBRLCAD_FLAGS_OPTIMIZATION=ON \
           -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/brlcad \
           -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="Release" \
           ..
    make %{?_smp_mflags}
    
    %install
    %cmake_install
    %fdupes -s %{buildroot}
    
    %post -p /sbin/ldconfig
    %postun -p /sbin/ldconfig
    
    %files devel
    %{brlcad_prefix}/lib/*.a
    %{brlcad_prefix}/lib/*.so
    %{brlcad_prefix}/include/*
    
    %files
    %doc AUTHORS BUGS ChangeLog CHANGES HACKING NEWS README TODO
    %license doc/legal/bdl.txt doc/legal/bsd.txt doc/legal/lgpl.txt COPYING 
    /opt/brlcad
    
    %changelog

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    28,110
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Trying to build BR-CAD. Cmake out of memory?

    Hi
    The files I used for a successful build (with warnings) along with a rpmlintrc file to set badness to zero (Ref: https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSEackaging_checks)

    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...:TESTING/pkg_1

    There are issues with the code since it does fail if adding openSUSE build flags (%{optflags}) so issues are masked and need to be fixed, likewise for the rpmlintrc file with the static libs, if they are not needed, then would look and see if can be disabled.

    It's also set to not publish, just build for Tumbleweed, which it did... looks like OBS is rebuilding (unresolvable) but there are built rpms
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/b...USE_Tumbleweed
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    97

    Default Re: Trying to build BR-CAD. Cmake out of memory?

    Thanks so much it build now.
    How many human sacrifice to learn this?

    What does lto-no-text-in-archive means anyway? Is it ok to set it to zero? Googled yield no conclusive result.

    Code:
    This archive does not contain a non-empty .text section.  The archive was not created with -ffat-lto-objects option.
    But spec file does have -ffat-lto-objects flag on it isn't it?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    28,110
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Trying to build BR-CAD. Cmake out of memory?

    Quote Originally Posted by andythe_great View Post
    Thanks so much it build now.
    How many human sacrifice to learn this?

    What does lto-no-text-in-archive means anyway? Is it ok to set it to zero? Googled yield no conclusive result.

    Code:
    This archive does not contain a non-empty .text section.  The archive was not created with -ffat-lto-objects option.
    But spec file does have -ffat-lto-objects flag on it isn't it?
    Hi
    The code needs patching AFAIK to meet this new requirement, probably worth an upstream bug report.... I set the badness to 0 to let it pass rpmlint....
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    97

    Default Re: Trying to build BR-CAD. Cmake out of memory?

    About the _service file.

    Why does localonly mode failed when <param name="filename">brlcad</param> is added? If I remove the filename parameter, it will not fail.

    Code:
    <services>
      <service mode="localonly" name="obs_scm">
        <param name="url">svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/brlcad/code/brlcad/trunk</param>
        <param name="scm">svn</param>
        <param name="revision">74927</param>
        <param name="filename">brlcad</param>
        <param name="versionprefix">7.30.5</param>
      </service>
      <service mode="localonly" name="tar" />
      <service mode="localonly" name="recompress">
        <param name="file">*.tar</param>
        <param name="compression">xz</param>
      </service>
      <service mode="localonly" name="set_version" />
    </services>

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    28,110
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Trying to build BR-CAD. Cmake out of memory?

    Quote Originally Posted by andythe_great View Post
    About the _service file.

    Why does localonly mode failed when <param name="filename">brlcad</param> is added? If I remove the filename parameter, it will not fail.

    Code:
    <services>
      <service mode="localonly" name="obs_scm">
        <param name="url">svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/brlcad/code/brlcad/trunk</param>
        <param name="scm">svn</param>
        <param name="revision">74927</param>
        <param name="filename">brlcad</param>
        <param name="versionprefix">7.30.5</param>
      </service>
      <service mode="localonly" name="tar" />
      <service mode="localonly" name="recompress">
        <param name="file">*.tar</param>
        <param name="compression">xz</param>
      </service>
      <service mode="localonly" name="set_version" />
    </services>
    Hi
    Never use localonly, enable or disabled, then to build locally just use the osc command (osc build).
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    97

    Default Re: Trying to build BR-CAD. Cmake out of memory?

    The download archive will only be left with .obscpio is not ideal for submitting package to factory isn't it? From what I understand, I have to rename the file manually? Would that be acceptable?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    28,110
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Trying to build BR-CAD. Cmake out of memory?

    Quote Originally Posted by andythe_great View Post
    The download archive will only be left with .obscpio is not ideal for submitting package to factory isn't it? From what I understand, I have to rename the file manually? Would that be acceptable?
    Hi
    No that is the preferred archive method these days, all my recent submissions are of this type...
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •