Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: YaST2 - Sound can't configure HDMI audio device: Missing snd-hda-intel

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    2,385

    Default Re: YaST2 - Sound can't configure HDMI audio device: Missing snd-hda-intel

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    I use pacmd list-sinks
    Apparently this is not designed for administrator global configuration management, which is my ultimate goal (not simply audio that works):
    Code:
    # zypper --no-refresh se -s -i pulse
    ...
    i  | libpulse-mainloop-glib0 | package | 11.1-lp151.5.3  | x86_64 | OSS
    i  | libpulse0               | package | 11.1-lp151.5.3  | x86_64 | OSS
    i  | pulseaudio              | package | 11.1-lp151.5.3  | x86_64 | OSS
    i  | pulseaudio-utils        | package | 11.1-lp151.5.3  | x86_64 | OSS
    i+ | alsa-plugins-pulse      | package | 1.1.5-lp151.2.3 | x86_64 | OSS
    i+ | pulseaudio-module-x11   | package | 11.1-lp151.5.3  | x86_64 | OSS
    # pacmd list-sinks
    No PulseAudio daemon running, or not running as session daemon.
    #
    if the kernel module is loading, what are the parameters in use?
    Code:
    systool -vm snd_hda_intel
    Systool is another I don't remember hearing of before. Yikes! :
    Code:
    # systool -vm snd_hda_intel
    Module = "snd_hda_intel"
    
      Attributes:
        coresize            = "49152"
        initsize            = "0"
        initstate           = "live"
        refcnt              = "0"
        srcversion          = "8061BE648071BCFB30D372D"
        taint               = ""
        uevent              = <store method only>
    
      Parameters:
        align_buffer_size   = "-1"
        bdl_pos_adj         = "-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1"
        beep_mode           = "Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y"
        enable_msi          = "-1"
        enable              = "Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y"
        id                  = "PCH,(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null)"
        index               = "1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1"
        jackpoll_ms         = "0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0"
        model               = "(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null)"
        patch               = "(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null)"
        pm_blacklist        = "Y"
        position_fix        = "-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1"
        power_save          = "1"
        power_save_controller= "Y"
        probe_mask          = "-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1"
        probe_only          = "0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0"
        single_cmd          = "-1"
        snoop               = "-1"
    
      Sections:
        .bss                = "0xffffffffa07f9440"
        .data.unlikely      = "0xffffffffa07f8ec0"
        .data               = "0xffffffffa07f8180"
        .exit.text          = "0xffffffffa07f30a6"
        .gnu.linkonce.this_module= "0xffffffffa07f9100"
        .init.text          = "0xffffffffa037b000"
        .note.gnu.build-id  = "0xffffffffa07f4000"
        .orc_unwind         = "0xffffffffa07f6510"
        .orc_unwind_ip      = "0xffffffffa07f5e24"
        .parainstructions   = "0xffffffffa07f52f0"
        .ref.data           = "0xffffffffa07f8f80"
        .rodata.str1.1      = "0xffffffffa07f533c"
        .rodata.str1.8      = "0xffffffffa07f56c8"
        .rodata             = "0xffffffffa07f4040"
        .smp_locks          = "0xffffffffa07f5ad8"
        .strtab             = "0xffffffffa037ef70"
        .symtab             = "0xffffffffa037c000"
        .text               = "0xffffffffa07f0000"
        __bpf_raw_tp_map    = "0xffffffffa07f8ee0"
        __bug_table         = "0xffffffffa07f8c10"
        __jump_table        = "0xffffffffa07f8000"
        __mcount_loc        = "0xffffffffa07f6f78"
        __param             = "0xffffffffa07f5ae0"
        __tracepoints_ptrs  = "0xffffffffa07f5db0"
        __tracepoints       = "0xffffffffa07f8fe0"
        __tracepoints_strings= "0xffffffffa07f5dd0"
        __verbose           = "0xffffffffa07f8c20"
        _ftrace_events      = "0xffffffffa07f8f60"
    Code:
    $ aplay -vv /usr/share/sounds/alsa/test.wav
    doesn't work, and neither do TDE's system sounds or Firefox on Youtube, but
    Code:
    $ aplay -vv -Dhdmi:1,0 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/test.wav
    does. If I remove /etc/modprobe.d/50-sound.conf containing:
    Code:
    alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
    alias snd-card-1 snd-hda-intel
    
    options snd-hda-intel id=HDMI index=0
    options snd-hda-intel id=PCH index=1
    then
    Code:
    $ aplay -vv -Dhdmi:0,0 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/test.wav
    works. If 50-sound.conf contains:
    Code:
    options snd slots=snd-hda-intel
    alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
    then
    Code:
    $ aplay -vv /usr/share/sounds/alsa/test.wav
    fails and
    Code:
    $ aplay -vv -Dhdmi:0,0 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/test.wav
    plays. https://susepaste.org/67122265 has this host's current alsa-info.txt.

    Your two links are about "recent" Intel, without providing enough information about SKL, APL, KBL, GLK, CML, WHK or ICL for me to be confident which group any of my Intel devices belong, other than possibly my two Kaby Lakes, which are apparently KBL. I think everything else I have is older, Haswell being the next newest (and working only because of help from Takashi way back when the Haswell was new).
    Reg. Linux User #211409 *** multibooting since 1992
    Primary: 15.1, TW, 15.2 & 13.1 on Haswell w/ RAID
    Secondary: eComStation (OS/2)&15.1 on i965P/Radeon
    Tertiary: TW,15.2,15.1,Fedora,Debian,more on Kaby Lake,iQ45,iQ43,iG41,iG3X,i965G,AMD,NVidia&&&

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    29,680
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: YaST2 - Sound can't configure HDMI audio device: Missing snd-hda-intel

    Quote Originally Posted by MirceaKitsune View Post
    Hi. Here is the output of the lspci command:

    Code:
    elenis@linux-iwc7:~> /sbin/lspci -nnk | grep -A3 Audio
    00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:3a3e]
            Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device [1043:82fe]
            Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
            Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel
    --
    01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Oland/Hainan/Cape Verde/Pitcairn HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 7000 Series] [1002:aab0]
            Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device [1458:aab0]
            Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
            Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel
    Hi
    So did you try the pacmd list-sinks, did you try the aplay commands later in the thread?
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    29,680
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: YaST2 - Sound can't configure HDMI audio device: Missing snd-hda-intel

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmazda View Post
    Apparently this is not designed for administrator global configuration management, which is my ultimate goal (not simply audio that works):
    Code:
    # zypper --no-refresh se -s -i pulse
    ...
    i  | libpulse-mainloop-glib0 | package | 11.1-lp151.5.3  | x86_64 | OSS
    i  | libpulse0               | package | 11.1-lp151.5.3  | x86_64 | OSS
    i  | pulseaudio              | package | 11.1-lp151.5.3  | x86_64 | OSS
    i  | pulseaudio-utils        | package | 11.1-lp151.5.3  | x86_64 | OSS
    i+ | alsa-plugins-pulse      | package | 1.1.5-lp151.2.3 | x86_64 | OSS
    i+ | pulseaudio-module-x11   | package | 11.1-lp151.5.3  | x86_64 | OSS
    # pacmd list-sinks
    No PulseAudio daemon running, or not running as session daemon.
    #
    Hi
    Run as user, set default sink in the global configuration? This is what I do for dedicated gpu's and screens, on laptops just set on the fly with GNOME settings sound...

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmazda View Post
    Systool is another I don't remember hearing of before. Yikes! :
    Code:
    # systool -vm snd_hda_intel
    Module = "snd_hda_intel"
    <snip>
      Parameters:
        align_buffer_size   = "-1"
        bdl_pos_adj         = "-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1"
        beep_mode           = "Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y"
        enable_msi          = "-1"
        enable              = "Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y"
        id                  = "PCH,(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null)"
        index               = "1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1"
        jackpoll_ms         = "0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0"
        model               = "(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null)"
        patch               = "(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null)"
        pm_blacklist        = "Y"
        position_fix        = "-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1"
        power_save          = "1"
        power_save_controller= "Y"
        probe_mask          = "-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1"
        probe_only          = "0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0"
        single_cmd          = "-1"
        snoop               = "-1"
    <snip>
    The above is the important bit, if you compare with modinfo output can see the descriptions for it to make some sense For example if you set the kernel boot option for a module parameter, then you see if it is active in the above output and set to what you expected it to be.

    Seems we have been sidetracked a bit as your system is 15.1, the OP's is Tumbleweed...
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    2,385

    Default Re: YaST2 - Sound can't configure HDMI audio device: Missing snd-hda-intel

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Seems we have been sidetracked a bit as your system is 15.1, the OP's is Tumbleweed...
    I really don't card whether sound works in TW on that PC, but the results seem to be no different:
    Code:
    # inxi -SA
    System:    Host: ab250 Kernel: 5.4.12-1-default x86_64 bits: 64 Console: tty 3 Distro: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20200205 
    Audio:     Device-1: Intel 200 Series PCH HD Audio driver: snd_hda_intel 
               Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.4.12-1-default 
    # lsmod | grep snd | sort
    ledtrig_audio          16384  2 snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec_realtek
    snd                   106496  8 snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hwdep,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_timer,snd_pcm
    snd_hda_codec         155648  4 snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec_realtek
    snd_hda_codec_generic    94208  1 snd_hda_codec_realtek
    snd_hda_codec_hdmi     73728  1
    snd_hda_codec_realtek   126976  1
    snd_hda_core          102400  5 snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_codec_realtek
    snd_hda_intel          49152  0
    snd_hwdep              16384  1 snd_hda_codec
    snd_intel_nhlt         20480  1 snd_hda_intel
    snd_pcm               151552  4 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_core
    snd_timer              40960  1 snd_pcm
    soundcore              16384  1 snd
    # modinfo snd_hda_intel
    filename:       /lib/modules/5.4.12-1-default/kernel/sound/pci/hda/snd-hda-intel.ko.xz
    description:    Intel HDA driver
    license:        GPL
    suserelease:    openSUSE Tumbleweed
    srcversion:     C3100F00C7A41A28089FFB6
    alias:          pci:v00001D17d00003288sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001022d*sv*sd*bc04sc03i00*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d*sv*sd*bc04sc03i00*
    alias:          pci:v000015ADd00001977sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v000017F3d00003010sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v000013F6d00005011sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001102d00000009sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001102d00000012sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001102d00000010sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00006549d00002200sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00006549d00001200sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v000010DEd*sv*sd*bc04sc03i00*
    alias:          pci:v000010B9d00005461sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001039d00007502sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001106d00009140sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001106d00009170sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001106d00003288sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AAF0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AAE0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AAE8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AAD8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AAC8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AAC0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AAB0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AAA8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AAA0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d00009902sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA98sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA90sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA88sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA80sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA68sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA60sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA58sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA50sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA48sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA40sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA38sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA30sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA28sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA20sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA18sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA10sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA08sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA00sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d00009840sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000970Fsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000960Fsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d00007919sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000793Bsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d000015B3sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000157Asv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d00001308sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d00000002sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001022d000015E3sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001022d0000157Asv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001022d00001487sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001022d00001457sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001022d0000780Dsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d00004383sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000437Bsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d*sv*sd*bc04sc03i00*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00003A6Esv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00003A3Esv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000293Fsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000293Esv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000284Bsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000269Asv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d000027D8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00002668sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00002284sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00000F04sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000080Asv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000811Bsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00003B56sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000160Csv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00000D0Csv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00000C0Csv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00000A0Csv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00003198sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00001A98sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00005A98sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00004B55sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000A0C8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d000038C8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d000034C8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000A3F0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d000006C8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d000002C8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00009DC8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000A348sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000A2F0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00009D71sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000A171sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00009D70sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000A170sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00009CA0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00009C21sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00009C20sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000A270sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000A1F0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00008D21sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00008D20sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00008CA0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00008C20sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00001E20sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00001D20sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00001C20sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    depends:        snd-hda-core,snd-hda-codec,snd-intel-nhlt,snd-pcm,snd
    retpoline:      Y
    intree:         Y
    name:           snd_hda_intel
    vermagic:       5.4.12-1-default SMP mod_unload modversions 
    sig_id:         PKCS#7
    signer:         openSUSE Secure Boot CA
    sig_key:        FA:BE:D8:BF:40:9A:5E:60
    sig_hashalgo:   sha256
    signature:      AC:93:00:99:36:9E:B2:9A:86:E4:65:6E:7F:4A:DF:84:B1:7A:27:B8:
    		0D:6A:CE:98:01:7B:F8:AA:07:37:6E:F8:59:3C:5E:7C:51:3A:DF:40:
    		33:28:1E:36:9E:63:1B:01:2A:C7:C9:57:04:8C:60:4D:3A:E7:D2:29:
    		92:CA:82:84:4B:7A:FC:FB:2A:BC:94:CA:40:9F:66:74:AF:90:62:F2:
    		DB:55:DF:2A:53:37:CA:1C:23:5A:38:3B:57:14:45:9D:DA:21:0F:22:
    		F0:3D:23:17:FF:68:BE:47:93:AD:AB:E7:C8:3B:30:1F:B0:D1:EB:93:
    		56:B5:E5:AA:B9:CD:FE:E4:24:BC:41:C8:DC:1D:98:26:AC:0C:E5:14:
    		EC:CA:5E:00:AF:1E:9E:3C:BE:D2:D2:2C:2A:BE:A4:8B:C6:3D:6A:61:
    		6E:F6:EE:6A:DE:65:65:AF:7A:03:EF:49:F7:CE:36:BF:B8:A1:04:6D:
    		D1:8E:AA:E9:73:1B:84:AC:B1:1A:DD:FD:79:7E:AA:93:B8:58:77:71:
    		D3:16:9F:A7:9E:25:F2:F0:1D:18:89:B2:7F:77:8A:87:52:2D:14:55:
    		AC:9C:FE:B6:B9:B3:5B:99:F2:22:29:5A:19:B4:F7:8A:62:3C:3F:32:
    		9E:EB:2A:E2:38:37:50:6A:9B:60:49:B4:87:01:C2:AE
    parm:           index:Index value for Intel HD audio interface. (array of int)
    parm:           id:ID string for Intel HD audio interface. (array of charp)
    parm:           enable:Enable Intel HD audio interface. (array of bool)
    parm:           model:Use the given board model. (array of charp)
    parm:           position_fix:DMA pointer read method.(-1 = system default, 0 = auto, 1 = LPIB, 2 = POSBUF, 3 = VIACOMBO, 4 = COMBO, 5 = SKL+, 6 = FIFO). (array of int)
    parm:           bdl_pos_adj:BDL position adjustment offset. (array of int)
    parm:           probe_mask:Bitmask to probe codecs (default = -1). (array of int)
    parm:           probe_only:Only probing and no codec initialization. (array of int)
    parm:           jackpoll_ms:Ms between polling for jack events (default = 0, using unsol events only) (array of int)
    parm:           single_cmd:Use single command to communicate with codecs (for debugging only). (bint)
    parm:           enable_msi:Enable Message Signaled Interrupt (MSI) (bint)
    parm:           patch:Patch file for Intel HD audio interface. (array of charp)
    parm:           beep_mode:Select HDA Beep registration mode (0=off, 1=on) (default=1). (array of bool)
    parm:           dmic_detect:DMIC detect on SKL+ platforms (bool)
    parm:           power_save:Automatic power-saving timeout (in second, 0 = disable). (xint)
    parm:           pm_blacklist:Enable power-management blacklist (bool)
    parm:           power_save_controller:Reset controller in power save mode. (bool)
    parm:           align_buffer_size:Force buffer and period sizes to be multiple of 128 bytes. (bint)
    parm:           snoop:Enable/disable snooping (bint)
    # systool -vm snd_hda_intel
    Module = "snd_hda_intel"
    
      Attributes:
        coresize            = "49152"
        initsize            = "0"
        initstate           = "live"
        refcnt              = "0"
        srcversion          = "C3100F00C7A41A28089FFB6"
        taint               = ""
        uevent              = <store method only>
    
      Parameters:
        align_buffer_size   = "-1"
        bdl_pos_adj         = "-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1"
        beep_mode           = "Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y"
        dmic_detect         = "Y"
        enable_msi          = "-1"
        enable              = "Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y"
        id                  = "(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null)"
        index               = "-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1"
        jackpoll_ms         = "0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0"
        model               = "(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null)"
        patch               = "(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null)"
        pm_blacklist        = "Y"
        position_fix        = "-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1"
        power_save          = "1"
        power_save_controller= "Y"
        probe_mask          = "-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1"
        probe_only          = "0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0"
        single_cmd          = "-1"
        snoop               = "-1"
    
      Sections:
        .bss                = "0xffffffffc0297340"
        .data.once          = "0xffffffffc0296d80"
        .data               = "0xffffffffc0296000"
        .exit.text          = "0xffffffffc0291fd2"
        .gnu.linkonce.this_module= "0xffffffffc0296fc0"
        .init.text          = "0xffffffffc02d2000"
        .note.Linux         = "0xffffffffc0292024"
        .note.gnu.build-id  = "0xffffffffc0292000"
        .orc_unwind         = "0xffffffffc0294558"
        .orc_unwind_ip      = "0xffffffffc0293f34"
        .parainstructions   = "0xffffffffc0293b98"
        .ref.data           = "0xffffffffc0296e40"
        .rodata             = "0xffffffffc0292040"
        .rodata.str1.1      = "0xffffffffc029341c"
        .rodata.str1.8      = "0xffffffffc02937a8"
        .smp_locks          = "0xffffffffc0293be4"
        .strtab             = "0xffffffffc02d6030"
        .symtab             = "0xffffffffc02d3000"
        .text               = "0xffffffffc028f000"
        .text.unlikely      = "0xffffffffc02918e0"
        __bpf_raw_tp_map    = "0xffffffffc0296da0"
        __bug_table         = "0xffffffffc0296ad0"
        __jump_table        = "0xffffffffc0295000"
        __mcount_loc        = "0xffffffffc02932bc"
        __param             = "0xffffffffc0293be8"
        __tracepoints_ptrs  = "0xffffffffc02932ac"
        __tracepoints_strings= "0xffffffffc0293ee0"
        __tracepoints       = "0xffffffffc0296ea0"
        __verbose           = "0xffffffffc0296ae0"
        _ftrace_events      = "0xffffffffc0296e20"
    Code:
    # aplay -vv /usr/share/sounds/alsa/test.wav
    runs without producing sound
    Code:
    # aplay -vv -Dhdmi:0,0 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/test.wav
    works
    The above is the important bit, if you compare with modinfo output can see the descriptions for it to make some sense
    Funny? Is there more to it that you can see? To me, 97.7% of that is gibberish.
    Reg. Linux User #211409 *** multibooting since 1992
    Primary: 15.1, TW, 15.2 & 13.1 on Haswell w/ RAID
    Secondary: eComStation (OS/2)&15.1 on i965P/Radeon
    Tertiary: TW,15.2,15.1,Fedora,Debian,more on Kaby Lake,iQ45,iQ43,iG41,iG3X,i965G,AMD,NVidia&&&

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    2,385

    Default Re: YaST2 - Sound can't configure HDMI audio device: Missing snd-hda-intel

    (had to separate a portion due to excess character count)

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    For example if you set the kernel boot option for a module parameter, then you see if it is active in the above output and set to what you expected it to be.
    How does one translate any of that into something belonging on a cmdline?

    Run as user, set default sink in the global configuration? This is what I do for dedicated gpu's and screens, on laptops just set on the fly with GNOME settings sound...
    Gnome proper never here except on guest equipment. KDE3, TDE, Plasma and/or IceWM for roughly 99% of my own usage, with rare dabbling in XFCE, Cinnamon, Mate or LXQt for attempts to help others solve their problems.

    Again, the goal is to have everything work before the first ordinary user logs in, or is even created. There's no need for users on a non-working system. That means the superuser has to do the work somehow. If any GUI tool is required by a superuser who is blocked by the tool from using them, he isn't a superuser, which would mean the system is broken by design.
    Reg. Linux User #211409 *** multibooting since 1992
    Primary: 15.1, TW, 15.2 & 13.1 on Haswell w/ RAID
    Secondary: eComStation (OS/2)&15.1 on i965P/Radeon
    Tertiary: TW,15.2,15.1,Fedora,Debian,more on Kaby Lake,iQ45,iQ43,iG41,iG3X,i965G,AMD,NVidia&&&

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    29,680
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: YaST2 - Sound can't configure HDMI audio device: Missing snd-hda-intel

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmazda View Post
    I really don't card whether sound works in TW on that PC, but the results seem to be no different:
    Code:
    # inxi -SA
    System:    Host: ab250 Kernel: 5.4.12-1-default x86_64 bits: 64 Console: tty 3 Distro: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20200205 
    Audio:     Device-1: Intel 200 Series PCH HD Audio driver: snd_hda_intel 
               Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.4.12-1-default 
    # lsmod | grep snd | sort
    ledtrig_audio          16384  2 snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec_realtek
    snd                   106496  8 snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hwdep,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_timer,snd_pcm
    snd_hda_codec         155648  4 snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec_realtek
    snd_hda_codec_generic    94208  1 snd_hda_codec_realtek
    snd_hda_codec_hdmi     73728  1
    snd_hda_codec_realtek   126976  1
    snd_hda_core          102400  5 snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_codec_realtek
    snd_hda_intel          49152  0
    snd_hwdep              16384  1 snd_hda_codec
    snd_intel_nhlt         20480  1 snd_hda_intel
    snd_pcm               151552  4 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_core
    snd_timer              40960  1 snd_pcm
    soundcore              16384  1 snd
    # modinfo snd_hda_intel
    filename:       /lib/modules/5.4.12-1-default/kernel/sound/pci/hda/snd-hda-intel.ko.xz
    description:    Intel HDA driver
    license:        GPL
    suserelease:    openSUSE Tumbleweed
    srcversion:     C3100F00C7A41A28089FFB6
    alias:          pci:v00001D17d00003288sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001022d*sv*sd*bc04sc03i00*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d*sv*sd*bc04sc03i00*
    alias:          pci:v000015ADd00001977sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v000017F3d00003010sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v000013F6d00005011sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001102d00000009sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001102d00000012sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001102d00000010sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00006549d00002200sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00006549d00001200sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v000010DEd*sv*sd*bc04sc03i00*
    alias:          pci:v000010B9d00005461sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001039d00007502sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001106d00009140sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001106d00009170sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001106d00003288sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AAF0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AAE0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AAE8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AAD8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AAC8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AAC0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AAB0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AAA8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AAA0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d00009902sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA98sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA90sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA88sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA80sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA68sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA60sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA58sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA50sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA48sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA40sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA38sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA30sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA28sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA20sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA18sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA10sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA08sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000AA00sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d00009840sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000970Fsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000960Fsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d00007919sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000793Bsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d000015B3sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000157Asv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d00001308sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d00000002sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001022d000015E3sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001022d0000157Asv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001022d00001487sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001022d00001457sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001022d0000780Dsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d00004383sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00001002d0000437Bsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d*sv*sd*bc04sc03i00*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00003A6Esv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00003A3Esv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000293Fsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000293Esv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000284Bsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000269Asv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d000027D8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00002668sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00002284sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00000F04sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000080Asv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000811Bsv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00003B56sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000160Csv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00000D0Csv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00000C0Csv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00000A0Csv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00003198sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00001A98sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00005A98sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00004B55sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000A0C8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d000038C8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d000034C8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000A3F0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d000006C8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d000002C8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00009DC8sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000A348sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000A2F0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00009D71sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000A171sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00009D70sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000A170sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00009CA0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00009C21sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00009C20sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000A270sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d0000A1F0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00008D21sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00008D20sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00008CA0sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00008C20sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00001E20sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00001D20sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    alias:          pci:v00008086d00001C20sv*sd*bc*sc*i*
    depends:        snd-hda-core,snd-hda-codec,snd-intel-nhlt,snd-pcm,snd
    retpoline:      Y
    intree:         Y
    name:           snd_hda_intel
    vermagic:       5.4.12-1-default SMP mod_unload modversions 
    sig_id:         PKCS#7
    signer:         openSUSE Secure Boot CA
    sig_key:        FA:BE:D8:BF:40:9A:5E:60
    sig_hashalgo:   sha256
    signature:      AC:93:00:99:36:9E:B2:9A:86:E4:65:6E:7F:4A:DF:84:B1:7A:27:B8:
            0D:6A:CE:98:01:7B:F8:AA:07:37:6E:F8:59:3C:5E:7C:51:3A:DF:40:
            33:28:1E:36:9E:63:1B:01:2A:C7:C9:57:04:8C:60:4D:3A:E7:D2:29:
            92:CA:82:84:4B:7A:FC:FB:2A:BC:94:CA:40:9F:66:74:AF:90:62:F2:
            DB:55:DF:2A:53:37:CA:1C:23:5A:38:3B:57:14:45:9D:DA:21:0F:22:
            F0:3D:23:17:FF:68:BE:47:93:AD:AB:E7:C8:3B:30:1F:B0:D1:EB:93:
            56:B5:E5:AA:B9:CD:FE:E4:24:BC:41:C8:DC:1D:98:26:AC:0C:E5:14:
            EC:CA:5E:00:AF:1E:9E:3C:BE:D2:D2:2C:2A:BE:A4:8B:C6:3D:6A:61:
            6E:F6:EE:6A:DE:65:65:AF:7A:03:EF:49:F7:CE:36:BF:B8:A1:04:6D:
            D1:8E:AA:E9:73:1B:84:AC:B1:1A:DD:FD:79:7E:AA:93:B8:58:77:71:
            D3:16:9F:A7:9E:25:F2:F0:1D:18:89:B2:7F:77:8A:87:52:2D:14:55:
            AC:9C:FE:B6:B9:B3:5B:99:F2:22:29:5A:19:B4:F7:8A:62:3C:3F:32:
            9E:EB:2A:E2:38:37:50:6A:9B:60:49:B4:87:01:C2:AE
    parm:           index:Index value for Intel HD audio interface. (array of int)
    parm:           id:ID string for Intel HD audio interface. (array of charp)
    parm:           enable:Enable Intel HD audio interface. (array of bool)
    parm:           model:Use the given board model. (array of charp)
    parm:           position_fix:DMA pointer read method.(-1 = system default, 0 = auto, 1 = LPIB, 2 = POSBUF, 3 = VIACOMBO, 4 = COMBO, 5 = SKL+, 6 = FIFO). (array of int)
    parm:           bdl_pos_adj:BDL position adjustment offset. (array of int)
    parm:           probe_mask:Bitmask to probe codecs (default = -1). (array of int)
    parm:           probe_only:Only probing and no codec initialization. (array of int)
    parm:           jackpoll_ms:Ms between polling for jack events (default = 0, using unsol events only) (array of int)
    parm:           single_cmd:Use single command to communicate with codecs (for debugging only). (bint)
    parm:           enable_msi:Enable Message Signaled Interrupt (MSI) (bint)
    parm:           patch:Patch file for Intel HD audio interface. (array of charp)
    parm:           beep_mode:Select HDA Beep registration mode (0=off, 1=on) (default=1). (array of bool)
    parm:           dmic_detect:DMIC detect on SKL+ platforms (bool)
    parm:           power_save:Automatic power-saving timeout (in second, 0 = disable). (xint)
    parm:           pm_blacklist:Enable power-management blacklist (bool)
    parm:           power_save_controller:Reset controller in power save mode. (bool)
    parm:           align_buffer_size:Force buffer and period sizes to be multiple of 128 bytes. (bint)
    parm:           snoop:Enable/disable snooping (bint)
    # systool -vm snd_hda_intel
    Module = "snd_hda_intel"
    
      Attributes:
        coresize            = "49152"
        initsize            = "0"
        initstate           = "live"
        refcnt              = "0"
        srcversion          = "C3100F00C7A41A28089FFB6"
        taint               = ""
        uevent              = <store method only>
    
      Parameters:
        align_buffer_size   = "-1"
        bdl_pos_adj         = "-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1"
        beep_mode           = "Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y"
        dmic_detect         = "Y"
        enable_msi          = "-1"
        enable              = "Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y"
        id                  = "(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null)"
        index               = "-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1"
        jackpoll_ms         = "0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0"
        model               = "(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null)"
        patch               = "(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null),(null)"
        pm_blacklist        = "Y"
        position_fix        = "-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1"
        power_save          = "1"
        power_save_controller= "Y"
        probe_mask          = "-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1"
        probe_only          = "0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0"
        single_cmd          = "-1"
        snoop               = "-1"
    
      Sections:
        .bss                = "0xffffffffc0297340"
        .data.once          = "0xffffffffc0296d80"
        .data               = "0xffffffffc0296000"
        .exit.text          = "0xffffffffc0291fd2"
        .gnu.linkonce.this_module= "0xffffffffc0296fc0"
        .init.text          = "0xffffffffc02d2000"
        .note.Linux         = "0xffffffffc0292024"
        .note.gnu.build-id  = "0xffffffffc0292000"
        .orc_unwind         = "0xffffffffc0294558"
        .orc_unwind_ip      = "0xffffffffc0293f34"
        .parainstructions   = "0xffffffffc0293b98"
        .ref.data           = "0xffffffffc0296e40"
        .rodata             = "0xffffffffc0292040"
        .rodata.str1.1      = "0xffffffffc029341c"
        .rodata.str1.8      = "0xffffffffc02937a8"
        .smp_locks          = "0xffffffffc0293be4"
        .strtab             = "0xffffffffc02d6030"
        .symtab             = "0xffffffffc02d3000"
        .text               = "0xffffffffc028f000"
        .text.unlikely      = "0xffffffffc02918e0"
        __bpf_raw_tp_map    = "0xffffffffc0296da0"
        __bug_table         = "0xffffffffc0296ad0"
        __jump_table        = "0xffffffffc0295000"
        __mcount_loc        = "0xffffffffc02932bc"
        __param             = "0xffffffffc0293be8"
        __tracepoints_ptrs  = "0xffffffffc02932ac"
        __tracepoints_strings= "0xffffffffc0293ee0"
        __tracepoints       = "0xffffffffc0296ea0"
        __verbose           = "0xffffffffc0296ae0"
        _ftrace_events      = "0xffffffffc0296e20"
    Code:
    # aplay -vv /usr/share/sounds/alsa/test.wav
    runs without producing sound
    Code:
    # aplay -vv -Dhdmi:0,0 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/test.wav
    works
    Funny? Is there more to it that you can see? To me, 97.7% of that is gibberish.
    Hi
    This bit (which is talked about in the ML messages) I wonder if setting to N (or 0) may help in TW;

    Code:
    dmic_detect         = "Y"
    That would translate to snd_hda_intel.dmic_detect=0 it get's funky when it's all the other ones rather than bool

    I use none of those desktop environments so I'm probably just banging my head against the wall.... all I can say unfortunately is it works for me from the get go, I just had to set hdmi as default on my desktop. Laptops worked on the fly.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    2,385

    Default Re: YaST2 - Sound can't configure HDMI audio device: Missing snd-hda-intel

    Here's a different unexpected result on a different PC observed in reply to another thread minutes ago:
    Code:
    # inxi -SGxx
    System:    Host: big31 Kernel: 5.4.7-1-default x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 9.2.1 Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.17.4 tk: Qt 5.13.1
               wm: kwin_x11 dm: N/A Distro: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20200110
    Graphics:  Device-1: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Oland [Radeon HD 8570 / R7 240/340 OEM] vendor: Dell driver: amdgpu
               v: kernel bus ID: 01:00.0 chip ID: 1002:6611
               Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.6 driver: amdgpu unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa alternate: ati
               compositor: kwin_x11 resolution: 2560x1440~60Hz
               OpenGL: renderer: AMD Radeon HD 8500 Series (OLAND DRM 3.35.0 5.4.7-1-default LLVM 9.0.1) v: 4.5 Mesa 19.3.1
               direct render: Yes
    # aplay -l
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]
      Subdevices: 1/1
      Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC662 rev1 Digital [ALC662 rev1 Digital]
      Subdevices: 1/1
      Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 1: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
      Subdevices: 1/1
      Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 1: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
      Subdevices: 1/1
      Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    # aplay -vv /usr/share/sounds/alsa/test.wav
    ALSA lib pulse.c:242:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect: Connection refused
    
    aplay: main:828: audio open error: Connection refused
    # aplay -vv -Dhdmi:1,0 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/test.wav
    As shown, without -Dhdmi:1,0, aplay fails for root user, but with it it succeeds. For normal user, -Dhdmi:1,0 isn't needed to succeed, and Firefox makes Youtube sound without any kind of preconfiguration or setting anywhere.
    Reg. Linux User #211409 *** multibooting since 1992
    Primary: 15.1, TW, 15.2 & 13.1 on Haswell w/ RAID
    Secondary: eComStation (OS/2)&15.1 on i965P/Radeon
    Tertiary: TW,15.2,15.1,Fedora,Debian,more on Kaby Lake,iQ45,iQ43,iG41,iG3X,i965G,AMD,NVidia&&&

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •