Thread: how to avoid to show the media in use (title and buttons) in the login screen?

Default how to avoid to show the media in use (title and buttons) in the login screen?

on my leap 15.1 with KDE the annoying thing that somebody can know which video or song I was viewing or listening before to sleep the pc is horrible.
    how to avoid to show the media in use (title and buttons) in the login screen?

Default Re: how to avoid to show the media in use (title and buttons) in the login screen?

Quote Originally Posted by pier_andreit View Post
    on my leap 15.1 with KDE the annoying thing that somebody can know which video or song I was viewing or listening before to sleep the pc is horrible.
    how to avoid to show the media in use (title and buttons) in the login screen?
    I normally don't suspend/hibernate so, theoretically, I suppose one way would be to exit the player before suspending. If you use smplayer it will pick up from where you left. I'm sure other players do so too. Of course it will be in your history unless you clear it up.

Default Re: how to avoid to show the media in use (title and buttons) in the login screen?

Quote Originally Posted by brunomcl View Post
    I normally don't suspend/hibernate so, theoretically, I suppose one way would be to exit the player before suspending. If you use smplayer it will pick up from where you left. I'm sure other players do so too. Of course it will be in your history unless you clear it up.
    manythanks bruno, but I don't want this service at all, I don't want that in the login screen is shown anything that the user logo, username and password and nothing other like movie that I leaved open or paused or songs tha I was listening, is it possible to disable totally this "...feature"??

System settings>Startup and shutdown offers a variety of login screens and the option to get a new theme though I have never tried that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by john_hudson View Post
    System settings>Startup and shutdown offers a variety of login screens and the option to get a new theme though I have never tried that.
    It's not about the login screen, it's about the screenlocker.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pier_andreit View Post
    manythanks bruno, but I don't want this service at all, I don't want that in the login screen is shown anything that the user logo, username and password and nothing other like movie that I leaved open or paused or songs tha I was listening, is it possible to disable totally this "...feature"??
    The option is here: Systemsettings - Workspace behaviour - Screenlocker - Appearance -> uncheck Show media controls.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    The option is here: Systemsettings - Workspace behaviour - Screenlocker - Appearance -> uncheck Show media controls.
    manythanks knurpht, in the standard version in leap 15.1 (systemsettings version 5.12.8) the option Systemsettings - Workspace behaviour - Screenlocker - Appearance -> uncheck Show media controls is absent, it is present however in tumbleweed systemsettings version 5.17.5, so I found googling this: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1127...ls-on-kde-plas
    Code:
    The KDE screen locker configuration file is:  $ locate screenlocker
    /home/<usernamehere>/.config/kscreenlockerrc
      the kscreenlockerrc.
      The configuration option is (true/false):
      [Greeter][LnF][General]
    showMediaControls=false
    and it worked, but, if I'm playing a song and pause it, then sleep, then resume, at the resume the media controls isn't there but the song that was paused plays....
    is it possible to avoid this behaviour too??