Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Firefox scrollbar doesn't work

  1. #1

    Default Firefox scrollbar doesn't work

    Hi,
    I'm using the default MozillaFirefox version 68.4.1esr (64-bit) or package 68.4.1-lp151.2.24.1 x86_64 (15.1:Update), kernel 4.12.14-lp151.28.36-default and GNOME Shell 3.26.2. When I click into the right scrollbar or try to drag there, the windows content doesn't scroll (as I am pretty sure it used work some versions back). The only way to croll the the content is by using the mouse scroll wheel inside the window.

    Another thing I think that worked previously, was to resize the Firefox window by dragging the right edge or the right lower corner. This is a minor issue, as dragging the left edge or left top corner works.

    Any experience that confirm this behaviour?

    Thx
    Terje

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,817
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Firefox scrollbar doesn't work

    Quote Originally Posted by terjejh View Post
    Hi,
    I'm using the default MozillaFirefox version 68.4.1esr (64-bit) or package 68.4.1-lp151.2.24.1 x86_64 (15.1:Update), kernel 4.12.14-lp151.28.36-default and GNOME Shell 3.26.2. When I click into the right scrollbar or try to drag there, the windows content doesn't scroll (as I am pretty sure it used work some versions back). The only way to croll the the content is by using the mouse scroll wheel inside the window.

    Another thing I think that worked previously, was to resize the Firefox window by dragging the right edge or the right lower corner. This is a minor issue, as dragging the left edge or left top corner works.

    Any experience that confirm this behaviour?

    Thx
    Terje
    Hi
    I can't duplicate here, this is on a single screen? Are you running a custom theme or the default? If you create a test user and login, does the issue duplicate?

    I did increase the size of the scrollbar, but default worked fine;
    Code:
    cat ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css
    
    scrollbar, scrollbar button, scrollbar slider {
       min-width: 12px;
       min-height: 12px;
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Firefox scrollbar doesn't work

    Quote Originally Posted by terjejh View Post
    Any experience that confirm this behaviour?
    Hi, I don't knwo if this will help you, but actually I ran into a similar problem over vnc session, reason was stuck key, I don't remember which one, but could have been alt.

    Have you tried to start ff with a clean profile? Like executing firefox -profile "/tmp/test"

  4. #4

    Default Re: Firefox scrollbar doesn't work

    Additional information:
    I've discovered that the unfunctional scrollbar happends just when the Firefox window is demaximized as I prefere, while it works ok with maximized window size on my workstation (switch between maximized and demaximized windows by dual clicking on the window top-bar).

    I use the default Firefox theme, with menus and toolbars (bookmarks) enabled. Leap with Firefox etc has been update installed over previous distributions and versions.
    The first thing I discovered say a month ago, was the issue not to be able resize the Firefox window by dragging the window right edge or right-down corner. However it was possible to resize the window using the Alt-Space menu.

    I have also tested on my ultra-book hidpi with the correspondig installation, and there the Firefox scrollbar works for both maximized and demaximized windows.
    There another graphical issue occures when I dualclick on the default maximized Firefox window top bar, the topbar alone is kept visible but no window or content else beyond the Gnome desktop wallpaper. However right click on the maximized Firefox window's topbar instead, bring up a menu with a demaximize selection that works..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,817
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Firefox scrollbar doesn't work

    Quote Originally Posted by terjejh View Post
    Additional information:
    I've discovered that the unfunctional scrollbar happends just when the Firefox window is demaximized as I prefere, while it works ok with maximized window size on my workstation (switch between maximized and demaximized windows by dual clicking on the window top-bar).

    I use the default Firefox theme, with menus and toolbars (bookmarks) enabled. Leap with Firefox etc has been update installed over previous distributions and versions.
    The first thing I discovered say a month ago, was the issue not to be able resize the Firefox window by dragging the window right edge or right-down corner. However it was possible to resize the window using the Alt-Space menu.

    I have also tested on my ultra-book hidpi with the correspondig installation, and there the Firefox scrollbar works for both maximized and demaximized windows.
    There another graphical issue occures when I dualclick on the default maximized Firefox window top bar, the topbar alone is kept visible but no window or content else beyond the Gnome desktop wallpaper. However right click on the maximized Firefox window's topbar instead, bring up a menu with a demaximize selection that works..
    Hi
    Does it duplicate with the Test user?
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Firefox scrollbar doesn't work

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Does it duplicate with the Test user?
    I tried to create a testuser with YaST2 useradmin (which was listed there), but afterwards it was not listed by GDM. Even that I tried to login with the testuser name and password, but it did not work. I don't know why this didn't work.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,817
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Firefox scrollbar doesn't work

    Quote Originally Posted by terjejh View Post
    I tried to create a testuser with YaST2 useradmin (which was listed there), but afterwards it was not listed by GDM. Even that I tried to login with the testuser name and password, but it did not work. I don't know why this didn't work.
    Hi
    Try the command line?

    Code:
    su -
    useradd -m mytest
    passwd mytest
    exit
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Firefox scrollbar doesn't work

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Try the command line?

    Code:
    su -
    useradd -m mytest
    passwd mytest
    exit
    Ok, CL worked to create the test user who could logon with GDM.
    And the Firefox scrollbar still doesn't work on a demaximized Firefox window on the workstation.
    It works on a maximized window also for the test user.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,817
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Firefox scrollbar doesn't work

    Quote Originally Posted by terjejh View Post
    Ok, CL worked to create the test user who could logon with GDM.
    And the Firefox scrollbar still doesn't work on a demaximized Firefox window on the workstation.
    It works on a maximized window also for the test user.
    Hi
    Tried every which way I can here with no issue.

    Since it duplicates then it's at a system level, so you have no customization's at a system level with respect to gtk, themes etc?

    When you say distributions/upgrades, does this mean retaining the /home partition and installing/upgrading?
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Firefox scrollbar doesn't work

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Tried every which way I can here with no issue.

    Since it duplicates then it's at a system level, so you have no customization's at a system level with respect to gtk, themes etc?

    When you say distributions/upgrades, does this mean retaining the /home partition and installing/upgrading?

    I can't remember any customizations, but from experience I'm not quite sure after several years with openSUSE versions on this machine.
    And yes, I've retained separate /home during install/upgrades, both online upgrades and mostly upgrades from installations DVD that put in a few more packages.

    But now I have some more specific information about this issue:
    Accidently I just discovered that the "scrollbar indeed works" on a fraction of a mm width, when the arrow pointer is located as close as possible to the left edge of the scrollbar. This is for the demaximized FF window. When the window is maximized the scrollbar works as normal within its 3 mm width on my 24" screen 1920x1080 resolution. I've also tried to upsize the scrollbar to about 5 mm width with your gtk.css in your first reply, but still the same issue behaviour in a demaximized FF window.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •