Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to generate ssl cert for project?

Default Re: How to generate ssl cert for project?

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    That is NOT the Build Service link, that is obs-studio which are two completely different things, perhaps take a step back since you aren't using the build service?

@OP, again what are the errors, you can also get help on IRC Freenode #opensuse-buildservice or the build service Mailing list;
    openSUSE:Communication channels - openSUSE

136s] cat: debian/certs/obs.pem: No such file or directory\
    [ 136s] dh_testdir\

[ 54s] dh binary --with signobs
    [ 54s] create-stamp debian/debhelper-build-stamp
    [ 54s] dh_testroot
    [ 54s] dh_prep
    [ 54s] dh_signobs_unpack
    [ 54s] /usr/src/packages/BUILD/debian/signatures /usr/src/packages/BUILD
    [ 54s] 3 blocks
    [ 54s] certutil: unable to open "../../../SOURCES/_projectcert.crt" for reading (-5950, 2).
    [ 54s] debian/rules:5: recipe for target 'binary' failed
    [ 54s] make: *** [binary] Error 255
    [ 54s] dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2
    [ 54s]
    [ 54s] obs failed "build grub2-signed-signed_2.1+signed.dsc" at Thu Jan 16 12:51:54 UTC 2020.

Above are the errors I am getting while compiling & signing the packages.

I am compiling debian packages and yes, I have pesign-obs-integration (https://github.com/openSUSE/pesign-obs-integration) as well.

I have sent mail to the list and also posted my issues in IRC as well. Unfortunately I have not received any replies yet.

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to generate ssl cert for project?

Quote Originally Posted by mityvarun View Post
    136s] cat: debian/certs/obs.pem: No such file or directory\
    [ 136s] dh_testdir\

[ 54s] dh binary --with signobs
    [ 54s] create-stamp debian/debhelper-build-stamp
    [ 54s] dh_testroot
    [ 54s] dh_prep
    [ 54s] dh_signobs_unpack
    [ 54s] /usr/src/packages/BUILD/debian/signatures /usr/src/packages/BUILD
    [ 54s] 3 blocks
    [ 54s] certutil: unable to open "../../../SOURCES/_projectcert.crt" for reading (-5950, 2).
    [ 54s] debian/rules:5: recipe for target 'binary' failed
    [ 54s] make: *** [binary] Error 255
    [ 54s] dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2
    [ 54s]
    [ 54s] obs failed "build grub2-signed-signed_2.1+signed.dsc" at Thu Jan 16 12:51:54 UTC 2020.

Above are the errors I am getting while compiling & signing the packages.

I am compiling debian packages and yes, I have pesign-obs-integration (https://github.com/openSUSE/pesign-obs-integration) as well.

I have sent mail to the list and also posted my issues in IRC as well. Unfortunately I have not received any replies yet.
    I'm reasonably sure the missing file I highlighted in red is the cert that should be issued to you by the CA.

Everything else you posted appears to have resulted from the missing file.

Perhaps the question which should be asked first is how important is it for your code to be signed...
    Because it has a substantial cost and would be used to sign any code written by anyone in the company, normally the company pays for it (I'm not aware of any FOSS that signs code using SSL certificates or any low cost ways for coders to obtain a certificate for non-Production use, like training).

If you are simply responsible for writing code but not for distributing, I'd recommend you don't sign your code.
    Signing can be left unconfigured until you actually intend to distribute the code to real world users.

Or, although I've never done so I guess you might sign code with a self-signed certificate generated by OpenSSL, but by doing so no one would be able to install your code except yourself.

TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12