Quote Originally Posted by larryr View Post
As an alternative you could install virtualbox and create a Windows 10 guest install that way.

I run windows 10 in a Virtualbox - I have a 32 bit and a 64 bit version. You can install it from the Microsoft 1909 image and install the virtualbox extension pack to get usb and uefi support and the guest additions to the virtual machine so that you can have any size window and not have to use the right ctrl key to move the mouse out of the virtual machine.
I created a 64gb virtual drive for 64 bit Windows 10 and a 32gb virtual drive for 32 bit Windows 10.

No issues and no need for special drivers as all are included in VirtualBox.
I agree that installing Win10 as a VBox guest is easy.
And, VBox supports UEFI if that's what you want (VMware today does not).

But, at least for now we don't know the @OP's reasons for
- Installing by command line. It's useful if setting up a number of machines and may be necessary for a remote install, but if simply creating a single machine even as a Golden instance, a GUI typically makes things easy in any virtualization technology.
- UEFI can be unstable, or at least I've found that to be the case. Works for awhile, maybe not forever. And, there's no need to ever install a Guest using UEFI, there's no problem installing a Guest with MBR on any HostOS that boots UEFI (because all hypervisor based virtualization uses its own virtual BIOS and virtualized disk layout). I've mainly used the UEFI option to explore and experiment, but don't use it for my important VMs in the interest of the KISS principle.

TSU