Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: The zypper tutorial has dissapeared. Help!

  1. #1

    Default The zypper tutorial has dissapeared. Help!

    I'm a Linux noob, so i decided to try and be self-sufficient and read the zypper tutorial. I was reading it some weeks ago and got through about 1/4 of it. Yesterday I wanted to continue, only to find that the page now issues a 404 NOT FOUND.

    Here's the page that links to it: https://en.opensuse.org/Portalypper
    Under """General Information""", click """Official tutorial""" to take you to the page where it once was.

    Here's the link to the missing tutorial: https://doc.opensuse.org/documentati...cha.sw_cl.html

    Does anybody know what happened? will it be put back up? I was really making progress. I had just started reading about "zypper patch" and "zypper update", and was enjoying the tutorial. Now its gone, and I wasn't even half-way through it . What can I do? are there any other good tutorials out there, is all hope lost? Any ideas on how I can learn zypper? And most importantly, does anyone know what happened to this lengthy tutorial?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    20,308
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: The zypper tutorial has dissapeared. Help!

    You could try this URL : https://en.opensuse.org/SDBypper_manual

    I had a look at the history of the wiki page, but it looks like the referring page was removed, no idea why. At the same time the URL above was added.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,817
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: The zypper tutorial has dissapeared. Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Linux_Asylum View Post
    I'm a Linux noob, so i decided to try and be self-sufficient and read the zypper tutorial. I was reading it some weeks ago and got through about 1/4 of it. Yesterday I wanted to continue, only to find that the page now issues a 404 NOT FOUND.

    Here's the page that links to it: https://en.opensuse.org/Portalypper
    Under """General Information""", click """Official tutorial""" to take you to the page where it once was.

    Here's the link to the missing tutorial: https://doc.opensuse.org/documentati...cha.sw_cl.html

    Does anybody know what happened? will it be put back up? I was really making progress. I had just started reading about "zypper patch" and "zypper update", and was enjoying the tutorial. Now its gone, and I wasn't even half-way through it . What can I do? are there any other good tutorials out there, is all hope lost? Any ideas on how I can learn zypper? And most importantly, does anyone know what happened to this lengthy tutorial?
    Hi
    It's there.... https://doc.opensuse.org/documentati...cha-sw-cl.html

    Your link shows cha.sw_cl.html maybe it got changed.... it's cha-sw-cl.html now.... Should be fixed now....
    Last edited by malcolmlewis; 08-Jan-2020 at 15:57.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  4. #4

    Default Re: The zypper tutorial has dissapeared. Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    You could try this URL : https://en.opensuse.org/SDBypper_manual

    I had a look at the history of the wiki page, but it looks like the referring page was removed, no idea why. At the same time the URL above was added.
    I saw the manual you linked before, but it seemed more of a reference or man page than a tutorial. The tutorial seemed to explain things in more detail. I guess it's going to have to do as I'm left with no other options. Thanks

  5. #5

    Default Re: The zypper tutorial has dissapeared. Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    It's there.... https://doc.opensuse.org/documentati...cha-sw-cl.html

    Your link shows cha.sw_cl.html maybe it got changed.... it's cha-sw-cl.html now.... Should be fixed now....
    OMG thanks!!!! At first I didn't see your post as I was replying to someone else. You're a life saver, thanks

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    20,308
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: The zypper tutorial has dissapeared. Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Linux_Asylum View Post
    I saw the manual you linked before, but it seemed more of a reference or man page than a tutorial. The tutorial seemed to explain things in more detail. I guess it's going to have to do as I'm left with no other options. Thanks
    Guess you missed malcolmlewis' post, he fixed the link to the Tutorial ( which had changed ).
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •