Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FreeCAD 32bit 18.4 not available

Blog Entries

Default Re: FreeCAD 32bit 18.4 not available

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    It's unmaintained on OBS by the looks, the only reason would be not up to date with the current release and built with QT5 since 4 is dead and buried...
    I see a build is queued... but only for x86_64 which won't help the @OP of this thread (He wants an i586).
    Maybe a build just had to be activated?
    Here's hoping for a successful result with fingers crossed... But I still don't see that a 32-bit version may ever have been set up.

TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

Blog Entries

A little more Qt Creator research...
    Seems that the main project dropped 32bit downloads (and official support for 32-bit with version 5.6 on or about Feb 2016.
    Starting then, any person who wants a 32bit version of Qt Creator has had to compile it himself.

But,
    The more I think about my AppImage and Snap recommendations, they may not work.
    I'm thinking that the apps which would certainly be built to run in a 64bit kernel would probably have a problem running on a 32bit kernel.

TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

Quote Originally Posted by tsu2 View Post
    A little more Qt Creator research...
    Seems that the main project dropped 32bit downloads (and official support for 32-bit with version 5.6 on or about Feb 2016.
    Starting then, any person who wants a 32bit version of Qt Creator has had to compile it himself.

But,
    The more I think about my AppImage and Snap recommendations, they may not work.
    I'm thinking that the apps which would certainly be built to run in a 64bit kernel would probably have a problem running on a 32bit kernel.

TSU
    AppImage is 64bit only. So this will not work on a 32bit system.

In case anyone else needs the latest FreeCAD running on TW 32bit, i have tested several viable methods:

- use wine with FreeCAD 32bit for Windows
    - use debootstrap to install a debian chroot of any flavor up to sid and use their compiled 32bit FreeCAD
    - use a virtual machine with a windows 32bit guest and gpu acceleration

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12