Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best converter for old fpx camera images?

Default Best converter for old fpx camera images?

Showing my age! I find that many of my early digital pictures are in .fpx format from a Kodak camera. They were copied onto CDs and now I need to see them.
    Please could somebody advise how I may convert these to .jpg format and include in my digiKam database for future viewing and reference.
    Budgie2

Default Re: Best converter for old fpx camera images?

Did you try to find something on the ineternet?

I found e.g. this: https://www.xnview.com/en/xnconvert/#formats

Freeware for individuals, Linux download, mentions fpx (on another page).
    Henk van Velden

Hi Henk,
    Many thanks for the speedy reply. I have spent a while on the net and have downloaded and run the XnView_MP AppImage. This opened OK and found my CD directory and files but the .fpx files are not recognised. There was a list of file types which did not include .fpx so either it has been dropped or I am doing something wrong. Tried to join the XnView forum but the registration failed on the Catchpa saying the domain was not recognised. No idea what that is about so will try from another machine.
    #

Thanks again for your help. I will also have a look at Irfan View which might be available on Linux and also ImageMagick. I may even have to go to the dark side and try a windoze version but will let you know how I get on.
    Many thanks again,
    Budgie2

Quote Originally Posted by Budgie2 View Post
    Hi Henk,
    Many thanks for the speedy reply. I have spent a while on the net and have downloaded and run the XnView_MP AppImage. This opened OK and found my CD directory and files but the .fpx files are not recognised. There was a list of file types which did not include .fpx so either it has been dropped or I am doing something wrong. Tried to join the XnView forum but the registration failed on the Catchpa saying the domain was not recognised. No idea what that is about so will try from another machine.
    #

Thanks again for your help. I will also have a look at Irfan View which might be available on Linux and also ImageMagick. I may even have to go to the dark side and try a windoze version but will let you know how I get on.
    Many thanks again,
    Budgie2
    You can try the GraphicsMagick also
    People who do not break things first will never learn to create anything

Quote Originally Posted by conram View Post
    You can try the GraphicsMagick also
    Hi and many thanks for this. Your suggestion is just what I need; GraphicsMagick is supposed to support .fpx but it requires FlashPix SDK.

I may need more help here. How may I obtain and use the above mentioned SDK please?

Budgie2

According to https://imagemagick.org/script/formats.php ImageMagick supports FPX with the FlashPIX SDK. However, running
    Code:
    identify -list format
    on my machine shows that this is not installed by default.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Budgie2 View Post
    Hi and many thanks for this. Your suggestion is just what I need; GraphicsMagick is supposed to support .fpx but it requires FlashPix SDK.

I may need more help here. How may I obtain and use the above mentioned SDK please?

Budgie2
    This might be what you're after....
    https://software.opensuse.org/packag...Image-ExifTool
    Outside the limits of my knowledge unfortunately, so just based on what a quick search turned up.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5

Short story so far is that fpx library was not installed and not picked up by configuring with
    Code:
    --with-fpx=yes
    when I tried to configure ImageMagick because the libfpx is not installed. No surprise there and with some reading I am going to try using libfpx from ImageMagick so I have downloaded the source code and am going to try building it on this machine.

This exercise is being done after I have already run ./configure on the ImageMagick source and failed. How can I "start over" with ./configure when I have installed the fpx library (libfpx). Can I just run it over the existing files or should I delete some files and if so which?
    Still on bottom of learning curve here so guidance would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Budgie2

Blog Entries

You might be best advised to seek that support from the ImageMagick forum...
    https://imagemagick.org/discourse-server/
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    You might be best advised to seek that support from the ImageMagick forum...
    https://imagemagick.org/discourse-server/
    Hi Deano and yes. Many thanks, I have it now.
    Bigger issue than I thought but I think I am making progress.
    The answer, I am sure is with that application. Just trying to get it going in oSTw.
    Cheers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast