Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to back to a snapshot problems with Tumbleweed update to kernel-default-5.3.8-1.1?

Default Re: How to back to a snapshot problems with Tumbleweed update to kernel-default-5.3.8-1.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    I can agree on the last bit. But it at least would not break an openQA tested snapshot. Skipping a couple of snapshots to wait for a bug being fixed is not bad practice. (Re)moving folders that belong to packages is. IMNSHO.
    You have a conservative approach, not to say static mode because if the OP would be able to boot in the previous kernel, I would suggest I'm compiling the highest one available 5.3.8.-7.1 (5.3.9-x.x has been already out) to see if things are better. If not, there's the high speed train station @ 5.4.rc6-4.1, they'll all be there in about 2 weeks.

This is a rolling release among the only one that follows the train, not a small village in Legacy Mode.

Code:
    sudo grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
    Generating grub configuration file ...
    Found theme: /boot/grub2/themes/openSUSE/theme.txt
    Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-5.4.0-rc6-4.gbe38a7b-default
    Found initrd image: /boot/initrd-5.4.0-rc6-4.gbe38a7b-default
    Without MoK:
    Code:
    mokutil  --sb-state
    SecureBoot enabled
    Ryzen 2700U FHD Lenovo ThinkPad E585

Default Re: How to back to a snapshot problems with Tumbleweed update to kernel-default-5.3.8-1.1?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_g View Post
    No need to go backward if the Kernel is the problem, you would loose the dup content (20191104-0). Delete the Kernel:

Code:
    su -
    zypper -v rm `rpm -qa *kernel* |grep 5\.3\.8\-1`
    Example and normal reading:

Code:
    # zypper -v rm `rpm -qa *kernel* |grep 5\.4\.rc5\-3`
    The following 5 packages are going to be REMOVED:
      kernel-default        5.4.rc5-3.1.gc8cf7fe
      kernel-default-devel  5.4.rc5-3.1.gc8cf7fe
      kernel-devel          5.4.rc5-3.1.gc8cf7fe
      kernel-source         5.4.rc5-3.1.gc8cf7fe
      kernel-syms           5.4.rc5-3.1.gc8cf7fe
    Yes
    Restart and the Kernel should be gone from the Grub menu.
    Hi!

I will try in a Virtual Machine that I keep updated to make some tests.

Quote Originally Posted by nebuchadnezzar View Post
    Hi!

I will try in a Virtual Machine that I keep updated to make some tests.
    Are you able to boot in the previous Kernel? If yes, run the given command line in post # 11.

Compare to others, is reading abnormal or does it wake up the new Kernel?
    Ryzen 2700U FHD Lenovo ThinkPad E585

Talking Re: How to back to a snapshot after problems with Tumbleweed update to kernel-default-5.3.8-1.1?

I did lock any change the packages at Mesa driver and I did update the system. The problem wasn't the Kernel as someone ask in previous posts.

The management of snapshots it's the best alternative for me to work around updates problems since this post. As I said I never had problems with Tumbleweed and ever make updates as soon as they are released, with snapper I'll keep do that.

For know the video driver it's lock, but soon as possible I'll try to update and if had some problem Snapper to recue.

I did already talk to my boss about snapper, it's good to have such tool in our servers instead to deal directly with LVM stuffs.

Thanks by all replies and options given.
    Last edited by nebuchadnezzar; 10-Nov-2019 at 13:09. Reason: Gramatical error.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12