Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Local repo

Question Local repo

Ok may have to bite the bullet and pray for miracle here.
    Leap 15.1 upgrade live from Leap 15.0 was 14 hours of waisted time as it is broken.

So I can try and fix the issues but as suggested better to just do fresh install and chance loosing a lot of needed stuff.

Step 1. There must be a simple way to obtain a list of all packages installed on the 15.1 partition

Step 2. How to best obtain the installers local for the packages (rpms) so they can be re-installed if not in the current repos.

Step 3. Kill leap 15.1 and do fresh install and see what has been lost, fix all that is still broken. Try to re-install stuff from local repo.

Step 4. Make a real local repo for 15.0 if I still can, Make a local repo for 15.1 also if I still can. Then at least I can limit future losses.

Ok so how do I tackle this?? All answers are thanked in advance.
    When your up to your a** in Alligators it's pretty hard to remember you intended to drain the swamp (author unknown)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Local repo

Quote Originally Posted by techwiz03 View Post
    Step 1. There must be a simple way to obtain a list of all packages installed on the 15.1 partition
    From the RPM database....
    Code:
    rpm -qa |sort > installed.txt
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5

You can also get this information from your zypper logs. It should be under /var/log/zypper.log

Default AW: Local repo

Code:
    zypper se -si
    Shows all installed packages, you can redirect it to a file by:
    Code:
    zypper se -si > zypper.txt
    Or use
    Code:
    zypper se -sir (Name/Number/URL of Repo)
    to see all installed packages from a Repo.

Blog Entries

Forget about this local repo ( some exceptions OK ). They only contain the packages, not their ( maybe version bound ) dependencies. We have tooling for that, i.e. OBS. Branch the needed packages, let OBS build them for 15.1, and use your own repo. That way the packages for 15.1 will be built against 15.1 versions of the deps.

FWIW: Did a 15.0 => 15.1 upgrade today, and not experiencing issues like you describe in various threads.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Thanks everyone for the insite so far.

as far as I can tell seems my problems go all the way back to 13.2 to 42.1 upgrade (I think those were the versions not sure anymore). It's when the change over happened to Leap. found an old log file stating that dependancy could not be resolved in zypper dup but it didn't stop the processes from continuing. Final message in log says if you continue instability may occur. Wish it had of stated what package could not be resolved.

At any rate, this am I removed the package for Discover (actually had 4 packages). Don't know if it was responcible or whether one of zypper command yesturday di it but desktop has back it's normal icons, back with text under them , task bar is normal size not super shrunk and Grub2 didn't return to normal size print but is much larger. At least I can read it now without a magnifying glass.

I have got a list from rpm of all software installed, at list of all repos from zypper.

I have old version partitions so maybe I am best to re-install 15.1 over one of them from my usb flash and see if i can try and figure out what packages to install compare fresh install to old 15.1 install. Once that is done then maybe I can go back to find good solution for a back-up incase I need to re-install in the future.

On that last point, if memory serves me right there was a mention somewhere that you can take freshly installed and updated working linux system with all the apps you want and make a build from it. But it's been so long maybe it was just my mind playing tricks.

Again thanks to everyone.
    When your up to your a** in Alligators it's pretty hard to remember you intended to drain the swamp (author unknown)

Blog Entries

Since zypp, zypper, packagekit, Discover all end up using the same database for installed packages, I suspect that is broken / corrupted. To rebuild it:
    Code:
    sudo rpm --rebuilddb
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    Since zypp, zypper, packagekit, Discover all end up using the same database for installed packages, I suspect that is broken / corrupted. To rebuild it:
    Code:
    sudo rpm --rebuilddb
    I bit the bullet ... Trashed 11.2 partition, trashed 13.2 partition, merged the space into single partition sda3, left all my info alone on sda4 and sda6, keeping sda5 with old 15.1 till I get things fixed.

Did fresh install of 15.1 from usb drive .

15.1 seems ok but having trouble with some packages.

These ones installed with no problems ...
    Gimp , 32bit Libraries, Gwenview, Libreoffice, Okular, kmail, konqueror, cups-pdf, cups, FreeCad, Calibre, pdfsuffler, Virtualbox/+extensions, KiCad, Kodi, Sigil, Chrome browser, video codecs, OpenSCAD.

These say they are installed but can't be found:
    handbrake, mplayer

I managed to with great trouble get quantaplus to install but don't know if it is ok and working.

fdesign won't compile says it is missing libxpm and it's headers, Libjpeg and ir's headers , x11-develop which is installed but it can't find it

xbasic still won't install says it is missing libx11.so.o.6 and is missing 32bit libraries ... which I did install and are there.

Qtcreator I can't find
    Qtdesign I can't find.

qemu have no clue which install to use

So that's my sad story. any help soling all this would be helpful.

Blog Entries

These say they are installed but can't be found:
    handbrake, mplayer
    Do you have the packman repo configured? Show us the output...
    Code:
    zypper se -s handbrake mplayer

Blog Entries

qemu have no clue which install to use
    Can you elaborate here? We're not over your shoulder to see exactly what your confusion is around.

Again, show us what is available/installed...
    Code:
    zypper se -s qemu

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast