Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plasma 5.17 Kickoff Error

Default Re: Plasma 5.17 Kickoff Error

Quote Originally Posted by tannington View Post
    I normally use the alternative Application Menu rather than Application Launcher, and my TW machines are not Ryzen based. However, I've just tried switching one of those to use the Application Launcher I don't have any issues.
    (...snip)
    I have the same issue as OP following update with "zypper dup".
    Like you, I use Application Menu also, not AL. Have also tried creating new widgets for AL and AM - I get this error regardless of which is used so that does not appear to be the cause.

To follow up, the "update unconditionally" route for all installed plasma5* packages worked for me also.

Quote Originally Posted by donkey_gsy View Post
    To follow up, the "update unconditionally" route for all installed plasma5* packages worked for me also.
    It would be interesting to know why both yourself and the OP had a package (or packages) missing.

As far as I can tell this doesn't seem to be a widespread problem. Neither of my own two TW systems exhibited the problem. I also have "solver.onlyRequires = true" in "zypp.conf", so it's not a case of a missing recommended package... strange...
    Regards, Paul

2x Tumbleweed (Snapshot: 20191109) KDE Plasma 5
    2x Leap 15.1 KDE Plasma 5

Quote Originally Posted by tannington View Post
    It would be interesting to know why both yourself and the OP had a package (or packages) missing.

As far as I can tell this doesn't seem to be a widespread problem. Neither of my own two TW systems exhibited the problem. I also have "solver.onlyRequires = true" in "zypp.conf", so it's not a case of a missing recommended package... strange...
    It sounds more like they had a corrupt package(s) that was introduce by KDE new version.
    Ryzen 2700U FHD Lenovo ThinkPad E585

Blog Entries

Could "no vendor change" be the issue?
    Seems to me "update unconditionally" would over-ride.
    Might also be why not reported widespread because I imagine most people upgrade without that flag.

TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

Quote Originally Posted by mike_g View Post
    It sounds more like they had a corrupt package(s) that was introduce by KDE new version.
    If it was a corrupt package then perhaps related to specific mirror(s)...

Quote Originally Posted by tsu2 View Post
    Could "no vendor change" be the issue?
    Seems to me "update unconditionally" would over-ride.
    It's my understanding, the "update unconditionally" option within (YaST's) Software Management simply forces a reinstall if the available version is equal to the currently installed version, ie, reinstall even though it's not an actual update. I don't believe it will override the vendor unless one specifically chose a different vendor from the "Versions" tab, (in which case the version would likely be different anyway and one wouldn't be using "update unconditionally"...)
    Regards, Paul

2x Tumbleweed (Snapshot: 20191109) KDE Plasma 5
    2x Leap 15.1 KDE Plasma 5

Just for info:

* Same issue with 20191104.
    * Something must have gone amiss during zypper dup because I noticed an error along the lines of "failed to update rpm database" at the end of the process. Two different builds of the package libgdm_compat4 were reported as installed, which I had to solve via rpm -e libgdbm_compat4-1.18.1-1.1.x86_64
    * Force updating just plasma5-desktop did not work.
    * Force updating all installed plasma5-* packages as mentioned above DID work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12