Thread: PackageKit-1.1.12: packagekit-background.sh no longer sources /etc/sysconfig/packagekit-background

Default PackageKit-1.1.12: packagekit-background.sh no longer sources /etc/sysconfig/packagekit-background

From change log:

* Mon Sep 09 2019 Jonathan Kang <sckang@suse.com>
    - Modify PackageKit-systemd-timers.patch: Port the cron
    configuration variables to the script, and add -sendwait
    parameter to mail in the script(bsc#1130306).
    Adding -sendwait to mail fixes the bug reported in March. Moving the cron configuration variables to /usr/share/PackageKit/packagekit-background.sh and no longer sourcing /etc/sysconfig/packagekit-background is cumbersome: This file being owned by PackageKit I am not aware how to modify the environment without changing the file itself, thus the changes being lost upon updating Packagekit.

Any suggestions?
    AMD Athlon 4850e (2009), openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4, Intel i3-4130 (2014), i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5

Blog Entries

Default Re: PackageKit-1.1.12: packagekit-background.sh no longer sources /etc/sysconfig/packagekit-backgrou

Quote Originally Posted by karlmistelberger View Post
    From change log:

Adding -sendwait to mail fixes the bug reported in March. Moving the cron configuration variables to /usr/share/PackageKit/packagekit-background.sh and no longer sourcing /etc/sysconfig/packagekit-background is cumbersome: This file being owned by PackageKit I am not aware how to modify the environment without changing the file itself, thus the changes being lost upon updating Packagekit.

Any suggestions?
    Hi
    Go with the Tumbleweed roll /etc and the likes of cron are on the way out....
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Default Re: PackageKit-1.1.12: packagekit-background.sh no longer sources /etc/sysconfig/packagekit-backgrou

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Go with the Tumbleweed roll /etc and the likes of cron are on the way out....
    I put the previous version of packagekit-background.sh into another directory and adjusted the unit accordingly:

Code:
    erlangen:~ # systemd-delta -t overridden 
    [OVERRIDDEN] /etc/systemd/system/packagekit-background.service → /usr/lib/systemd/system/packagekit-background.service

--- /usr/lib/systemd/system/packagekit-background.service       2019-10-17 15:59:08.000000000 +0200
    +++ /etc/systemd/system/packagekit-background.service   2019-10-23 07:59:14.702808636 +0200
    @@ -2,4 +2,4 @@
     Description=Script to update the system with PackageKit

[Service]
    -ExecStart=/usr/share/PackageKit/packagekit-background.sh
    +ExecStart=/usr/local/PackageKit/packagekit-background.sh

1 overridden configuration files found.
    erlangen:~ #
    AMD Athlon 4850e (2009), openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4, Intel i3-4130 (2014), i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5