Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to edit with commandline the comment and tag property details of file in dolphin

Default Re: how to edit with commandline the comment and tag property details of file in dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    Pier, you're looking for EXIF tags. Use Digikam f.e. to add / change those. Or, if mass changes are required, use a script that calls the ImageMagick tools.
    The Comment in a JPEG file is not part of the EXIF data (which can also be in a JPEG file).

See also
    Code:
    man jhead
    which the OP already uses (see above) and which is perfect for doing mass actions on both the EXIF data and on the other meta data of the image inside a JPEG file.
    Henk van Velden

Default Re: how to edit with commandline the comment and tag property details of file in dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    Pier, you're looking for EXIF tags. Use Digikam f.e. to add / change those. Or, if mass changes are required, use a script that calls the ImageMagick tools.
    maaaanythanks, fantastic digikam! I'll use few of the manymany things that it does just 20minutes for learn something but it is very good

if I insert a comment or description with dolphin or gwenview it is removed when I modify the commnt with jhead
    Code:
    pla@pla4-TW:/dati/a-FOTO-x-amici/2017-08-12ago(pizzata a casa di cugina consuelo velletri)> jhead -cl "comment jhead" prove.jpg
    Modified: prove.jpg
    pla@pla4-TW:/dati/a-FOTO-x-amici/2017-08-12ago(pizzata a casa di cugina consuelo velletri)> jhead prove.jpg
    File name    : prove.jpg
    File size    : 201595 bytes
    File date    : 2019:10:23 09:39:54
    Resolution   : 1600 x 1200
    JPEG Quality : 80
    Comment      : comment jhead
    ======= IPTC data: =======
    City          : 
    Caption       : caption inserita con digikam2

pla@pla4-TW:/dati/a-FOTO-x-amici/2017-08-12ago(pizzata a casa di cugina consuelo velletri)>
    and in gwenview I cas see this
    Comment:
    comment jhead
    User Comment:
    lang="x-default" caption inserita con digikam2
    Description is empty

is it a correct behaviour or not?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12