Thread: lftp -c mirror --exclude-glob="**/00Archived/**" downloading unexpected directory

Default lftp -c mirror --exclude-glob="**/00Archived/**" downloading unexpected directory

The command below is downloading a 00Archived directory despite the --exclude-glob="**/00Archived/**" option.
    Code:
    lftp -c mirror --only-newer --verbose=3 --include-glob="*.rpm" --exclude-glob="**/00Archived/**" --exclude-glob="**/archived/**" --exclude-glob="**/debuginfo/**" --exclude-glob="**/debugsource/**" --exclude-glob="**/SRPMS/**" --exclude-glob="*-debug-*" --exclude-glob="*-debuginfo-*" --exclude-glob="*-debugsource-*" --exclude-glob="*.src.rpm" http://rpm.netlabs.org/release "/run/media/root/DFS1JFS64/Vendors/Netlabs/Netlabsrepo"
    Code:
    Mirroring directory `00Archived'
    Making directory `00Archived'
    Mirroring directory `00Archived/i386'
    Making directory `00Archived/i386'
    Transferring file `00Archived/i386/ash-0.0.0-10.oc00.i386.rpm'
    Last edited by shmuelmetz; 15-Oct-2019 at 16:05. Reason: Request e-mail notification

Default Re: lftp -c mirror --exclude-glob="**/00Archived/**" downloading unexpected directory

Quote Originally Posted by shmuelmetz View Post
    The command below is downloading a 00Archived directory despite the --exclude-glob="**/00Archived/**" option.
    lftp checks final pathname component so this pattern cannot match. "--exclude-glob=00Archived/" should work.

P.S. I wonder why you stubbornly continue to put "**" everywhere even though it has absolutely no significance in glob pattern and just makes the whole command less comprehensible (pretending it does something that it actually does not).

Default Re: lftp -c mirror --exclude-glob="**/00Archived/**" downloading unexpected directory

Quote Originally Posted by arvidjaar View Post
    lftp checks final pathname component so this pattern cannot match. "--exclude-glob=00Archived/" should work.

P.S. I wonder why you stubbornly continue to put "**" everywhere even though it has absolutely no significance in glob pattern and just makes the whole command less comprehensible (pretending it does something that it actually does not).
    Because I'm still learning lftp, the man page is rather sketchy and I may be confusing the semantics of lftp with those of rsync or wget.

Quote Originally Posted by shmuelmetz View Post
    I may be confusing the semantics of lftp with those of rsync or wget.
    wget is using normal globbing, so '**' has no significance either. The only program that interprets '**' (or '***') specially is rsync and there it is also explicitly documented.

Quote Originally Posted by arvidjaar View Post
    wget is using normal globbing, so '**' has no significance either. The only program that interprets '**' (or '***') specially is rsync and there it is also explicitly documented.
    This seems to work
    Code:
    lftp -c mirror --only-newer --verbose=3 --include-glob="*.rpm" --exclude-glob=00Archived/ --exclude-glob=archived/ --exclude-glob=debuginfo/ --exclude-glob=debugsource/ --exclude-glob=SRPMS/ --exclude-glob="*-debug-*" --exclude-glob="*-debuginfo-*" --exclude-glob="*-debugsource-*" --exclude-glob="*.src.rpm" http://repos.arcanoae.com/release "/run/media/root/DFS1JFS64/Vendors/ArcaNoae/repos/ArcaOS"/
    Is the correct equivalent for wget
    Code:
    wget --mirror --cut-dirs=0 -e robots=off --no-host-directories --no-parent --recursive --accept rpm -X 00Archived/ -X archived/ -X debuginfo -X debugsource --reject "*-debug*" -X SRPMS/ --reject src.rpm --directory-prefix="/run/media/root/DFS1JFS64/Vendors/ArcaNoae/repos/ArcaOS" -N http://repos.arcanoae.com/release/