Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: grk3-schema and gtk4-schema update/new/remove

  1. #1

    Default grk3-schema and gtk4-schema update/new/remove

    Every day I check for Tumbleweed updates using zypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change

    A few days ago I accepted the update which performed:
    gtk3-schema-3.24.11-1.1 new install
    gtk4-schema-3.96.0-1.1 upgrade

    Next day I accepted the update which performed:
    gtk3-schema removed
    gtk4-schema 3.94.0-2.4 downgrade

    Next day I accepted the updated which performed:
    gtk3-schema-3.24.11-1.1 new install
    gtk4-schema-3.96.0-1.1 upgrade

    I thought it was kind of odd, but left it at that. Today I checked for updates and went through the same sequence. Is there a way to get out of this cycle?

    Another kind of related question. When I installing updates sometimes it is requested that I have the installation DVD. The update cannot be completed without the DVD. Is there a way to stop that request for the installation DVD?

    Thank you for any help.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,396

    Default Re: grk3-schema and gtk4-schema update/new/remove

    It looks as if you still have the installation DVD Enabled as a repository. YaST > Software > Repository Management, then look for an entry that has something like dvd/ or cd/ or the like in it's URL, select and uncheck Enable below.
    Henk van Velden

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,239
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: grk3-schema and gtk4-schema update/new/remove

    Quote Originally Posted by GeoK6868 View Post
    Every day I check for Tumbleweed updates using zypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change

    A few days ago I accepted the update which performed:
    gtk3-schema-3.24.11-1.1 new install
    gtk4-schema-3.96.0-1.1 upgrade

    Next day I accepted the update which performed:
    gtk3-schema removed
    gtk4-schema 3.94.0-2.4 downgrade

    Next day I accepted the updated which performed:
    gtk3-schema-3.24.11-1.1 new install
    gtk4-schema-3.96.0-1.1 upgrade

    I thought it was kind of odd, but left it at that. Today I checked for updates and went through the same sequence. Is there a way to get out of this cycle?

    Another kind of related question. When I installing updates sometimes it is requested that I have the installation DVD. The update cannot be completed without the DVD. Is there a way to stop that request for the installation DVD?

    Thank you for any help.
    Hi and welcome to the Forum
    Do you have any other repositories added aside from the Tumbleweed default?

    I don't use the no vendor change, it should not be necessary...
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  4. #4

    Default Re: grk3-schema and gtk4-schema update/new/remove

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Do you have any other repositories added aside from the Tumbleweed default?

    I don't use the no vendor change, it should not be necessary...

    packman and adobe are the only two repositories added since I installed Tumbleweed.

    Yeah, I seen many discussions regarding the "no vendor change". Figured I could not go wrong either way, so I used it. Are there some additional thoughts on using or not?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,396

    Default Re: grk3-schema and gtk4-schema update/new/remove

    Quote Originally Posted by GeoK6868 View Post

    Yeah, I seen many discussions regarding the "no vendor change". Figured I could not go wrong either way, so I used it. Are there some additional thoughts on using or not?
    Since already some time, it is the default on Tumbleweed installations (not on Leap), thus it is superfluous, but it does not hurt.
    Henk van Velden

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,230

    Default Re: grk3-schema and gtk4-schema update/new/remove

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    it [no vendor change on dup] is the default on Tumbleweed installations (not on Leap)
    Library compiled-in default on Leap is to allow vendor change, but zypp.conf shipped on Leap 15 disables it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •