grk3-schema and gtk4-schema update/new/remove

Every day I check for Tumbleweed updates using zypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change

A few days ago I accepted the update which performed:
gtk3-schema-3.24.11-1.1 new install
gtk4-schema-3.96.0-1.1 upgrade

Next day I accepted the update which performed:
gtk3-schema removed
gtk4-schema 3.94.0-2.4 downgrade

Next day I accepted the updated which performed:
gtk3-schema-3.24.11-1.1 new install
gtk4-schema-3.96.0-1.1 upgrade

I thought it was kind of odd, but left it at that. Today I checked for updates and went through the same sequence. Is there a way to get out of this cycle?

Another kind of related question. When I installing updates sometimes it is requested that I have the installation DVD. The update cannot be completed without the DVD. Is there a way to stop that request for the installation DVD?

Thank you for any help.

It looks as if you still have the installation DVD Enabled as a repository. YaST > Software > Repository Management, then look for an entry that has something like dvd/ or cd/ or the like in it’s URL, select and uncheck Enable below.

Hi and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:
Do you have any other repositories added aside from the Tumbleweed default?

I don’t use the no vendor change, it should not be necessary…

packman and adobe are the only two repositories added since I installed Tumbleweed.

Yeah, I seen many discussions regarding the “no vendor change”. Figured I could not go wrong either way, so I used it. Are there some additional thoughts on using or not?

Since already some time, it is the default on Tumbleweed installations (not on Leap), thus it is superfluous, but it does not hurt.

Library compiled-in default on Leap is to allow vendor change, but zypp.conf shipped on Leap 15 disables it.