Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: unable to start mongodb server

Default Re: unable to start mongodb server

Quote Originally Posted by ultra99 View Post
    Also, when I refresh my repos, i get this:

Code:
    sudo zypper ref
    Repository 'openSUSE:Tumbleweed' is up to date.                                 
    Repository 'server:database' is up to date.                                     
    Repository 'openSUSE:Factory:NonFree' is up to date.                            
    Repository 'Packman Repository' is up to date.                                  
    Repository 'openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Non-Oss' is up to date.                         
    Repository 'openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Oss' is up to date.                             
    Repository 'openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Update' is up to date.                          
    Retrieving repository 'repo_to_install_libboost_for_mongodb' metadata ...[error]
    Repository 'repo_to_install_libboost_for_mongodb' is invalid.
    [repo_to_install_libboost_for_mongodb|http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...nSUSE_Factory/] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
    Please check if the URIs defined for this repository are pointing to a valid repository.
    Skipping repository 'repo_to_install_libboost_for_mongodb' because of the above error.
    Repository 'Databases (openSUSE_Tumbleweed)' is up to date.                     
    Repository 'snappy' is up to date.                                              
    Some of the repositories have not been refreshed because of an error.
    I noticed that the link wasn't complete, so I fixed that. I don't get that error anymore. However, as soon as I reboot, i run:

Code:
    systemctl status mongodb
    ● mongodb.service - High-performance, schema-free document-oriented database
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/mongodb.service; disabled; vendor pr>
       Active: inactive (dead)
    but then it ends with:

Code:
    mongodb.service - High-performance, schema-free document-oriented database
       Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2019-10-11 08:54:23 EDT; 2min 3>

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ultra99 View Post
    I noticed that the link wasn't complete, so I fixed that. I don't get that error anymore. However, as soon as I reboot, i run:

Code:
    systemctl status mongodb
    ● mongodb.service - High-performance, schema-free document-oriented database
       Active: inactive (dead)
    but then it ends with:

Code:
    mongodb.service - High-performance, schema-free document-oriented database
       Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2019-10-11 08:54:23 EDT; 2min 3>
    By default all newly installed services aren't running by default, you have to start the service with the command I gave, and only then check status.
    Once you've verified the services starts and runs, don't forget to enable so it starts on boot
    Code:
    systemctl enable mongodb.service
    TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

Quote Originally Posted by tsu2 View Post
    By default all newly installed services aren't running by default, you have to start the service with the command I gave, and only then check status.
    Once you've verified the services starts and runs, don't forget to enable so it starts on boot
    Code:
    systemctl enable mongodb.service
    TSU
    Yep, it also worked about a reboot. Thanks a ton for your help!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12