Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: lftp gives mirror: Access failed: 550 Failed to change directory. (/release)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Annandale, VA
    Posts
    143

    Default lftp gives mirror: Access failed: 550 Failed to change directory. (/release)

    I'm trying to mirror a repository with the command
    Code:
    lftp -c mirror --only-newer --exclude-glob "*00archived*" --exclude-glob "*debuginfo*" --exclude-glob "*debugsource*" --exclude-glob "*/SRPMS/*" --exclude /\.src\.rpm$/ --include /\.rpm$/ ftp://rpm.netlabs.org/release "/run/media/root/DFS1JFS64/Vendors/Netlabs/Netlabsrepo"
    followed by a createrepo. I get the error message
    Code:
    mirror: Access failed: 550 Failed to change directory. (/release)
    I can view the directory from FF with the URL http://rpm.netlabs.org/release/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,235

    Default Re: lftp gives mirror: Access failed: 550 Failed to change directory. (/release)

    Quote Originally Posted by shmuelmetz View Post
    I can view the directory from FF with the URL http://rpm.netlabs.org/release/
    What makes you believe that FTP and HTTP present you the same directory structure?
    Code:
    bor@bor-Latitude-E5450:/tmp/wget$ ftp rpm.netlabs.orgConnected to rpm.netlabs.org.
    220 Welcome to netlabs.org FTP service.
    Name (rpm.netlabs.org:bor): anonymous 
    331 Please specify the password.
    Password:
    230-Welcome to the netlabs.org FTP server
    230-
    230-Have fun browsing & don't abuse the bandwith :-)
    230-
    230-thanks
    230-
    230-the netlabs.org crew
    230 Login successful.
    Remote system type is UNIX.
    Using binary mode to transfer files.
    ftp> passive
    Passive mode on.
    ftp> ls -l
    227 Entering Passive Mode (213,238,45,91,255,5).
    150 Here comes the directory listing.
    drwxrwsr-x    7 ftp      ftp            63 May 08 19:33 incoming
    drwxr-xr-x   94 ftp      ftp            99 Nov 21  2016 pub
    226 Directory send OK.
    ftp>

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Annandale, VA
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: lftp gives mirror: Access failed: 550 Failed to change directory. (/release)

    Quote Originally Posted by arvidjaar View Post
    What makes you believe that FTP and HTTP present you the same directory structure?
    What makes you believe that I believe that? What I believe is that a directory presented by HTTP exists, and that therefor the FTP server should see it. I don't expect HTTP to present all directories visible to FTP.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,253
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: lftp gives mirror: Access failed: 550 Failed to change directory. (/release)

    Quote Originally Posted by shmuelmetz View Post
    What makes you believe that I believe that? What I believe is that a directory presented by HTTP exists, and that therefor the FTP server should see it. I don't expect HTTP to present all directories visible to FTP.
    Hi
    That's not how it works.... ftp server and http server are two different applications running, as indicated by user arvidjaar is whatever your look for is under the pub directory;

    ftp://rpm.netlabs.org/pub/

    So you need to modify as required to get to the files your wanting.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,253
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: lftp gives mirror: Access failed: 550 Failed to change directory. (/release)

    Hi
    So it looks like the ftp server doesn't have rpms...?

    Anyway, just use rmt-server, it will bring in openSUSE and third party repositories?

    Code:
    Information for package rmt-server:
    -----------------------------------
    Repository     : Main Update Repository                                  
    Name           : rmt-server                                              
    Version        : 2.4.1-lp151.2.6.1                                       
    Arch           : x86_64                                                  
    Vendor         : openSUSE                                                
    Installed Size : 12.2 MiB                                                
    Installed      : No                                                      
    Status         : not installed                                           
    Source package : rmt-server-2.4.1-lp151.2.6.1.src                        
    Summary        : Repository mirroring tool and registration proxy for SCC
    Description    :                                                         
        This package provides a mirroring tool for RPM repositories and a registration
        proxy for the SUSE Customer Center (SCC).
    
        As registration is required for SUSE products, the registration proxy allows
        one to register SUSE products within a private network.
    
        It's possible to mirror SUSE, as well as openSUSE and other RPM repositories.
        SCC organization credentials are required to synchronize SUSE products,
        subscription information, and to mirror SUSE repositories.
    
        RMT supersedes the main functionality of SMT in SLES 15.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca, USA
    Posts
    11,499
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: lftp gives mirror: Access failed: 550 Failed to change directory. (/release)

    As described,
    The subdirectory /release is not accessible using FTP.
    Although it might be a file permissions issue, I'm more inclined to believe that /release is likely an FTP virtual directory (ie mapped specially by the FTP application).

    This should be easy(?) to resolve using lftp... Simple specify the http/https protocol instead of the ftp protocol and everything should "just work."

    TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Annandale, VA
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: lftp gives mirror: Access failed: 550 Failed to change directory. (/release)

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    So it looks like the ftp server doesn't have rpms...?

    Anyway, just use rmt-server, it will bring in openSUSE and third party repositories?

    Code:
    Information for package rmt-server:
    -----------------------------------
    Repository     : Main Update Repository                                  
    Name           : rmt-server                                              
    Version        : 2.4.1-lp151.2.6.1                                       
    Arch           : x86_64                                                  
    Vendor         : openSUSE                                                
    Installed Size : 12.2 MiB                                                
    Installed      : No                                                      
    Status         : not installed                                           
    Source package : rmt-server-2.4.1-lp151.2.6.1.src                        
    Summary        : Repository mirroring tool and registration proxy for SCC
    Description    :                                                         
        This package provides a mirroring tool for RPM repositories and a registration
        proxy for the SUSE Customer Center (SCC).
    
        As registration is required for SUSE products, the registration proxy allows
        one to register SUSE products within a private network.
    
        It's possible to mirror SUSE, as well as openSUSE and other RPM repositories.
        SCC organization credentials are required to synchronize SUSE products,
        subscription information, and to mirror SUSE repositories.
    
        RMT supersedes the main functionality of SMT in SLES 15.
    The proper questions would have been "What makes you think that path-absolute is relative to the root directory?". There seem to be permission issues as well, but I should have changed the path to include the pub directory when I changed the scheme to FTP.

    Will rmt-server work for repositories not associated with Linux, much less openSUSE?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,253
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: lftp gives mirror: Access failed: 550 Failed to change directory. (/release)

    Quote Originally Posted by shmuelmetz View Post
    Will rmt-server work for repositories not associated with Linux, much less openSUSE?
    Hi
    Yes, well it needs to be running on openSUSE (I'm sure it could be adapted for other distributions).

    https://github.com/SUSE/rmt
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Annandale, VA
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: lftp gives mirror: Access failed: 550 Failed to change directory. (/release)

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Yes, well it needs to be running on openSUSE (I'm sure it could be adapted for other distributions).

    https://github.com/SUSE/rmt
    I'm running LEAP 15.1, but yast2 rmt asks for credentials and I don't have an account.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca, USA
    Posts
    11,499
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: lftp gives mirror: Access failed: 550 Failed to change directory. (/release)

    Quote Originally Posted by shmuelmetz View Post
    I'm running LEAP 15.1, but yast2 rmt asks for credentials and I don't have an account.
    You're probably going to have to be more descriptive what credentials are being asked...
    Is it to access the remote repository?
    I haven't run this before, sometimes apps that are built to integrate with SLES ask for SLES licensing, can that be it?
    Otherwise,
    There might be a clue in the "Manual Installation and Configuration" section of the github page
    https://github.com/SUSE/rmt

    TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •